Poll: Large Themes - How do the Bills get over the hump to win the Super Bowl?

Chaos

How do the Bills get over the hump to win the Super Bowl?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How do the Bills get over the hump to win the Super Bowl?

• Allen and Diggs simply have to more productive, they are not good enough
    • Offense Other than Allen and Diggs need to improve
    • Defense Needs to be Better
    • Playoff Preparation & Game Planning need to be better

3 hours ago, Billl said:

I hope someday you develop the emotional strength to participate in a football discussion with someone who likes a team other than the Bills without having a complete breakdown.  

No.  I just question your intentions.  When you began here, you said you were here because the bills were your second favorite team.  Yet, the only thing you post is anti Bills and anti bills fans.  

I have conversations with rival fans every day at work. Literally- every single day. They aren’t trying to pull the wool over my eyes pretending yo be something they aren’t, so I’m good with them.  I have a problem with sneaky ***** like yourself 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

switch teams and the results are the same- and i'll still take josh

I’m fairly confident if the Bills had drafted Mahomes and Allen ended up with the Chiefs your opinion would switch. Which is fine because while fans are supposed to support their teams and players some of us can still be objective. Mahomes is better.

• Disagree 1

Offense needs to improve. More specifically: Ken Dorsey needs to improve. His play calling and utilization of the talent on hand were lackluster last year.

Any OC with Josh Allen and Diggs should have phenomenal results.

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

I’m fairly confident if the Bills had drafted Mahomes and Allen ended up with the Chiefs your opinion would switch. Which is fine because while fans are supposed to support their teams and players some of us can still be objective. Mahomes is better.

Of course if the Bills had drafted Mahomes we would all be big Mahomes fans and defend this elite, uniquely gifted talent from the passive aggressive cheap shots a few on 2BD hurl at Allen.  As Bills fans we would be thankful that we had drafted Mahomes and we would be urging McBean to fix the O line and load up on high level play makers so as to fully exploit Mahomes elite QB play.

At the same time an objective assessment of the situation would reveal that if Allen were the Chiefs QB they would be every bit as successful as they've been with Mahomes.  Because Allen is equal to Mahomes as a QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

No.  I just question your intentions.  When you began here, you said you were here because the bills were your second favorite team.  Yet, the only thing you post is anti Bills and anti bills fans.  

I have conversations with rival fans every day at work. Literally- every single day. They aren’t trying to pull the wool over my eyes pretending yo be something they aren’t, so I’m good with them.  I have a problem with sneaky ***** like yourself

Then do is both a favor and stop caring about my intentions when posting on a message board.  I've been very clear about why I started posting here, and it wasn't because the Bills were my second favorite team (not sure why there needs to be some sort of survey submitted to you each time a new poster signs up, but whatever.)

I signed up here after making a pretty substantial bet on the Bills season win total several years ago.  FWIW, I took the over and won.  I like the Bills.  I like them about 1 tenth of one percent as much as I like the Chiefs.  

That said, kindly f off and stop trying to be my personal hall monitor.  

I think the Bills already have the talent to win it all.  Last year they had to overcome a lot of adversity just to get to Cincinnati and for whatever reason they came out flat.  The year before they either deserved to beat KC or at the very least played just as good as KC did and lost (in addition to 13 seconds) because of a coin toss.

The Bills just need to keep the window of opportunity open as long as possible to get the maximum number of chances and sooner than later they'll win one with this team.  You can argue who's better between KC, Cincinnati, Bills, Eagles, but IMO they are all pretty close and no one of those teams is going to beat the other more than 6 out of 10 times.  So the Bills just needs to keep putting themselves in a position to win and one of these years they are going to.   

On 6/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, Lost said:

Biggest liabilities for this team IMO ranked below.

1) Offensive line.  

2) Game planning/Playcalling.   

3) Defensive unit as a whole vs. bigger physical running teams.  

THIS!^^^^^^

Especially #1 and #2

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billl said:

Then do is both a favor and stop caring about my intentions when posting on a message board.  I've been very clear about why I started posting here, and it wasn't because the Bills were my second favorite team (not sure why there needs to be some sort of survey submitted to you each time a new poster signs up, but whatever.)

I signed up here after making a pretty substantial bet on the Bills season win total several years ago.  FWIW, I took the over and won.  I like the Bills.  I like them about 1 tenth of one percent as much as I like the Chiefs.  

The thing is when you go to another team's message board and are consistently bashing that team. people are naturally going to question your intentions. The same would be true if someone from here went to the Chief's board, which is not known to be very welcoming (with a number of crude, uneducated stuff being posted there by Chiefs' fans I might add). If a fan from another team posts here though and is more respectful, that will go better, for the most part. There are other team's fans here who do that with success. And at least our forum does not ban outsiders like Jungle Noise does.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, GoBills808 said:

That game could not have gone either way imo

I just watched the whole thing on Tuesday for some reason. If we play that game 10 times the Chiefs win 8 or 9 of them. Some of the things Allen did to keep the Bills in that game just aren't sustainable, the Chiefs were by far the better squad in all phases except QB

Last year's regular season game vs. them was basically a coin flip but the reason we'd win 5 out of 10 times was the addition of Von Miller.  He had two sacks that forced punts and his pressure on a three man rush is what led to the game winning pick.  Keeping him healthy next year is vital.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Last year's regular season game vs. them was basically a coin flip but the reason we'd win 5 out of 10 times was the addition of Von Miller.  He had two sacks that forced punts and his pressure on a three man rush is what led to the game winning pick.  Keeping him healthy next year is vital.

I agree

I was referring to the divisional 13 sec game vs Chiefs in that quote I think

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I agree

I was referring to the divisional 13 sec game vs Chiefs in that quote I think

You were and I agree the Chiefs win that divisional game 8 out of 10 times without Josh playing out of his mind like he did.  I think last year's regular season game where Josh didn't play out of his mind and we still won showed just how important Von is.  It's why Beane signed him and if we don't get that pass rush difference maker in the playoffs then we don't have a chance.

14 hours ago, Billl said:

You said it- not me. 

the ignore function on this board works just fine.  Put it to use.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.