NYS DMV offering Western NY themed plates

The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

So the vanity plates are $60 and personalized vanity plates are $90 initially with an annual renewal of $30/$60 respectively.

When you think of it like a streaming service you might subscribe to, it's relatively cheap.

Yep. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not terrible. 

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

$60 initial fee and then $31 for renewing.  Not exactly going to rake in the money at that cost but I get what you mean.  Who knows if there is some back room deal where Western NY gets $0.25 on the dollar for each of these sold.

offset some of those new stadium cost overruns :D

16 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

FWIIW, the NYS tax burden was primarily via 'Wall Street'.

In recent years, that burden has shifted to 'Main Street'.

NYS personal income tax revenue has always dwarfed it business tax revenue.

NYC/Long Island/Westchester/out-of-state commuter personal income tax is 80% of the state total.  The rest of the stats kicks in only 20%.

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if I can get them downstate 🤔 There are very few Bills fans where I am but if I can get them here I will.

Sure, as long as your vehicle can be registered in New York. It's a DMV state plate. Just like people in WNY can get Jets or Giants plates.

34 minutes ago, T master said:

And how much land do you have ? I have 1 acre and my taxes last year in Tenn. were $587.00 they will go up this year because i put up a 30x40 building but ill take a grand a year in taxes for what i have !

I am out in the country but still not to bad & Tenn. has extra money so i'd say the leaders of NYS are spending a lot more than they have coming in & mostly on foolish types of things .

The people are paying the price in their taxes going up to cover the high costs then when you throw in the Sanctuary city thing paying for all the immigrants giving them everything for "FREE" which nothing is free yet the Schumers, AOC, Jeffries all keep dolling out the free tax payer money & raising taxes on the people & corporations that live & work there .

A ton of jobs leave the state because of the high tax structure to keep the city afloat . Last i heard people were leaving the state for a better life with less taxes to states like Fl. & Tenn. and i know of 1 free loader that i knew when i lived in Fl. that left for NY because he flat out said "it is so easy to get gov't assistance in NYS" .

Yet the people keep voting in these wing nuts that i mentioned thinking they truly care about the people with in the state which is the furthest thing from the truth ...

Trust me I am with you and I see the freeloaders everyday.

And to answer your ? I have 2 acres with my house and 3 acres for farming in the back of my property.  So tax is based on my house and 2 acres.  

And I have 3,cabins in severe/ gatlinburg tn taxes on those are nothing. I also work on my friends cabins there also.  Love it there everyone is friendly and helps each other out.

FYI I don't vote for those wingnuts and the higher taxes are supposed to go to the schools haha. 

I live in the highest taxed County in nys and really the number 1 suburb 2 are higher but they get services we dont. 

On 6/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, T master said:

It would be great if the extra proceeds went to the area & not go to the city !! You know that those will be more expensive so why not have the extra money stay home where it belongs the city gets more than it's far share as it is ...

If you renew or apply for a registration at your county DMV office rather than online the county gets a cut of the fees. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, boyst said:

The one who gets Go Bills will be a legend. 

It's probably already taken.  Just because it's a new plate design, doesn't mean all new personalization are available. If someone already has it, it won't be available for the new plate unless the current owner of Go Bills wants the new plate.  I had personalized plates years ago and gave them up when I sold the car I had them on.  But that personalized plate is only available to me if I choose to get it again, or I can call and let them release it to anyone else that wants it. 

On 6/23/2023 at 11:31 PM, The Wiz said:

Or a Solomon wilcots fan(I think that's the right announcer): BEELZ

The proper phonetic spelling is BEOWS.  As in Buffwo Beows.

We used to get that guy every week, it seemed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

How do I spoof my location for one of those plates? 😆

Get a PO box.  Then, when applying for your street address, use the address of the Post Office where the PO box is, and the box number.  So instead of...

Name 

PO Box 123

City, NY Zip

it will be 

Name

456 Main St

City, NY Zip

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.