15 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Never heard of them

Watched the video

No idea who the lead singer is

Googled them

Saw the lead singer's name, went "hmmm..."

Googled lead singer

...and yes I am surprised

I don't live in Buffalo, so I'm not sure if local news has featured the band and her, of course.

47 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

We are Domi

You'll be surprised who it is, if you haven't ever heard of them.

Lead singer is Dominika Hašková, Dominik Hašek's (Buffalo Sabres Goalie).  I have some music of hers bookmarked.

Born on 3 May 1995 in Buffalo, New York while he was a Sabre.  Remember hearing a new blip about his wife having a baby when I was working in Canada (lots of congrats from Canadian hockey fans in the bar).

On 6/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, Wacka said:

Cory Wells of Three Dog Night and  John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls grew up  near Broadway and  Bailey on the East Side.

Goos Robbie Takic, don't forget him. 

More modern artists from the WNY area: Grabbitz and DJ Rezz.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw an interview with Rzeznik where he talked about walking to  Edwin's music store on Broadway with his accordion  for lessons. That was right down the street from where I lived from age 2 to 4.

9 hours ago, Wacka said:

I saw an interview with Rzeznik where he talked about walking to  Edwin's music store on Broadway with his accordion  for lessons. That was right down the street from where I lived from age 2 to 4.

Same here. Rzeznik lived on Sweet St I grew up by St. Stan's.

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

I've never read anyone who knew Rick James but indeed he was a homey from Buffalo NY

I was going to mention him but someone said "modern" artists.

And as an aside, I recently learned that Elle King is the daughter of Rob Schneider.

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same here. Rzeznik lived on Sweet St I grew up by St. Stan's.

I lived on Lidell and then Wick Streets (57-61) until we moved to Cheektowaga. They are both across Broadway from St. John Kanty's and Edwin's.

Lots of vacant houses and lots there now.  Took my mom down there in 2017 or 18  to see where we used to live (never stopped). The house on Lidell was gone. The house on Wick was there , but we couldn't tell if it was occupied (but still painted the same color). The house to one side was boarded up and the other side was a vacant lot.

Not "modern" but, Grammy nominated Jazz group Spyro Gyra started in Buffalo in the 70's. Saw them on many a night before they hit the big-time. And many times since as well. 

From Wikipedia: "Saxophonist Jay Beckenstein and keyboardist Jeremy Wall formed a band with jazz and rock musicians who were playing in the Buffalo bar and club circuit. In 1974..."

Spyro Gyra

Edited by Tony P
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.