Report: Bills allegedly privately open to trading Diggs "under the right circumstances"

Big Turk

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Mahomes also had a passing camp before the draft where he threw to his receivers and draft prospects. That’s something I’d love for Allen to do. Not only would the timing with Bills receivers improved but also scout draft prospects as well. Chiefs drafted Rashee Rice who was among several prospects that attended that camp to work out with Mahomes.

This doesn’t mean Allen is bad because he doesn’t do this in the offseason. I know you’re hyper sensitive to anything Allen related. I agree with you that what he does is his business in the offseason. This is just the type of extra stuffs that I’d wish Allen do. Especially with how last season ended. But then again, who knows if Bills receivers would show up on their own time for something like that. Especially Diggs. 

I'm not "hyper sensitive" about anything "Allen related".  I just can't stomach unfair, biased hit pieces on the 2nd best (soon to be best) QB in Bills history on a Bills message board.

Allen does work with his new receivers - at OTA's.

How do you know that Allen isn't doing "extra stuff".  Pretty presumptuous of you to declare that he isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not "hyper sensitive" about anything "Allen related".  I just can't stomach unfair, biased hit pieces on the 2nd best (soon to be best) QB in Bills history on a Bills message board.

How do you know that Allen isn't doing "extra stuff".  Pretty presumptuous of you to declare that he isn't.

Well since he’s one of the premier qbs in the league if he did something like that sports media would report it like they did with Mahomes. And of course he’ll work with his receivers during OTA’s. I’m assuming Mahomes does too along with all the league’s qbs. I think you missed the ‘extra work’ part in my post.

Being hyper sensitive in the same post proclaiming you’re not hyper sensitive is ironic…and amusing. 

17 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Well since he’s one of the premier qbs in the league if he did something like that sports media would report it like they did with Mahomes. And of course he’ll work with his receivers during OTA’s. I’m assuming Mahomes does too along with all the league’s qbs. I think you missed the ‘extra work’ part in my post.

Being hyper sensitive in the same post proclaiming you’re not hyper sensitive is ironic…and amusing. 

Nitpicking Allen to death on a Buffalo Bills message board is weird.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My guess is that they're not fans of the Bills but are posing as fans.  What other logical explanation is there?

A lot of the stuff these people post goes way beyond proper criticism of where & how Allen might get even better. Beck Water is a great example of a Bills FAN using a proper balance in his criticizing of Allen. But the stuff a lot of these people throw out about Allen is, pardon my French, BS.

I agree with you. How can you be a Bills fan, suffer for many years after all those SB losses with a horrible drought, and then complain about a QB who has taken us very close to the promise land? I honestly did not think I would see something like that again in my lifetime. Instead, I see "what if we got Mahomes??" and a good number of people tearing Josh down, acting like he's not one of the best things to happen to this franchise in a long time. It's mind boggling. I am not saying that he doesn't make mistakes or doesn't have things he can improve on/fix, but really? I also don't think Mahomes works magic here in Buffalo anymore than Josh does. We don't have Andy Reid, and I do like Sean a lot, but he's not Reid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize that no team is stacked like teams were in the early 80's and 90's?   Right?   Do I need to explain why?  The league was very top heavy then.   The Bills literally rank about the same roster-wise.......relative to the rest of the NFL.......as they did then.   Top 3 NFL roster every year since 2020.   You need to let the 1990's go.  Seriously.  The high expectations for today's Bills are realistic.  

If you think Bills fans or WNY media are hard on the team you are very ignorant about how the Bills are treated relative to teams in other markets.   Buffalo is a sheltered market to play in.   The Bills and other NFL teams are a multi-billion dollar assets because their fans are passionate about the team........in the world some of you want pro sports to exist that money and generational wealth for the players you want to adore would not be there.   The type of people who have been fans since 1998 but have just 28 posts on the teams premier message board since 1998 aren't the kind of passionate that drives revenue.   You are casuals.  So learn to take criticism with a grain.   

Wow, did I strike a nerve BADOLBILZ? I don't need explaining from you on how teams run these days. I have let go of the 1990's, but I don't need your permission. My point is Josh and Diggs are running this show IMHO, where the 90's Bills had a lot more to work with. As for teams being top heavy, oh, I don't know, try telling that to The Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, hell, even The Dolphins. Those teams look pretty stacked on talent on all sides of the ball.

I have been a fan since 1988, and may have "28 posts", but have been a part of this forum since 2004. I used to post at BillsZone too, back in the day. Hell, we can add Twitter and Reddit while I am at it. Can I maintain my Bills fan card? 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I feel the same way. How can a long time Bills fan complain about him? Like, how? I get that he had a lot of turnovers last year, and I honestly think his elbow was a big source of a lot, and sometimes he would make a bad decision. Guess what? They all do. I do believe there was a game last year in which Mahomes threw about 3 INT's(I think it was against Denver) and Joe Burrow sure as hell wasn't lighting it up against the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs. Took a Ravens player fumbling the ball and Cincy running it back to win that game. 

Acting like Josh isn't something special is mind boggling, and makes me think it is either people who did not like it when we drafted him and didn't want to be wrong(though you would think in this case Bills fans would be happy to be wrong), trolls or just plain old self loathing people. I don't get it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Just dreaming but put JA17 and Diggs on those SB teams and we win all 4.  I agree that the teams then were stacked.  If Cooks resembles Thurmond, then we gotta chance.  Go Bills 🦬

I am looking forward to seeing what Cook can do, and Damien Harris. Really hope we can get our run game going and not relying on Josh for that.

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Nitpicking Allen to death on a Buffalo Bills message board is weird.

Yes it would be. This isn’t what I’m doing. Having critiques and high expectations for our elite qb is not nitpicking. But I can see how someone overly sensitive would see it that way. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

My point is Josh and Diggs are running this show IMHO, where the 90's Bills had a lot more to work with. As for teams being top heavy, oh, I don't know, try telling that to The Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, hell, even The Dolphins. Those teams look pretty stacked on talent on all sides of the ball.

This will be the 4th year in a row where the Bills will take a roster that's AT the top or very near the top of the league.........so your "we have only had Josh and Diggs" take is just something you've drummed up as an excuse.    The Bills are no more than 1 player lesser than teams like KC/Philly/Cinci going into this season.   That player is WR2.   The gap isn't much.....if ANY different.....than the Bills and the Cowboys/Niners/Redskins rosters in that era of their last 3 SB appearances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This will be the 4th year in a row where the Bills will take a roster that's AT the top or very near the top of the league.........so your "we have only had Josh and Diggs" take is just something you've drummed up as an excuse.    The Bills are no more than 1 player lesser than teams like KC/Philly/Cinci going into this season.   That player is WR2.   The gap isn't much.....if ANY different.....than the Bills and the Cowboys/Niners/Redskins rosters in that era of their last 3 SB appearances.

Okay, remove Josh and Diggs from this offense. Where do you rank them? Gabe Davis is WR2 and he was a disappointment last year. So was Lil Dirty. I love Dawson Knox, but I think he is a decent tight end, but not on the same level as Kelce or Kittle or Gronk was.

As for our defense, I think they are overrated. We have some stars, but as a collective they have let us down at the worst possible times. There was no excuse for them to be as MIA against Cincy as they were, Von or not, with the Bengals depleted offensive line. I am not ever counting on our defense to get us over that hump.

I will give the whole team some grace though for last year, because it was rough and probably mentally draining, but again, if you removed Josh and Stef from this team I don't think they would be considered a top team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You're ignoring a huge difference in O line talent between the top teams and the Bills the last couple of seasons.  Hopefully that has been repaired enough to get Buffalo over the hump.

49 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You're ignoring a huge difference in O line talent between the top teams and the Bills the last couple of seasons.  Hopefully that has been repaired enough to get Buffalo over the hump.

No I think you you are ignoring that the Bengals OL has been worse than the Bills the past 2 years and they lost a close game in the SB and nearly beat the Chiefs again in the AFCCG in that span.   Beating the league's premier team in the Chiefs in 4 of their last 5 meetings.   Hell they beat the Bills in Buffalo with an OL full of backups to their already not-good OL.

Much to the chagrin of many the Bengals are very current proof that you don't necessarily even need a "good" OL to get to a SB.    The quality of your WR corps has actually proven to be more of an indicator of top end success in the past 6 years..........hence the concern about the position.

That being said........offensive lines are part of the equation for sure and everyone would prefer to have a good one and Philly and KC do have very good ones.   In the case of Philly it really elevates their QB from good to excellent.   But the rest of the perceived "contenders" like Buffalo, Cinci, San Francisco, Miami and NY Jets are all projected to rank between 17-24 by PFF this year.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No I think you you are ignoring that the Bengals OL has been worse than the Bills the past 2 years and they lost a close game in the SB and nearly beat the Chiefs again in the AFCCG in that span.   Beating the league's premier team in the Chiefs in 4 of their last 5 meetings.   Hell they beat the Bills in Buffalo with an OL full of backups to their already not-good OL.

Much to the chagrin of many the Bengals are very current proof that you don't necessarily even need a "good" OL to get to a SB.    The quality of your WR corps has actually proven to be more of an indicator of top end success in the past 6 years..........hence the concern about the position.

That being said........offensive lines are part of the equation for sure and everyone would prefer to have a good one and Philly and KC do have very good ones.   In the case of Philly it really elevates their QB from good to excellent.   But the rest of the perceived "contenders" like Buffalo, Cinci, San Francisco, Miami and NY Jets are all projected to rank between 17-24 by PFF this year.   

Philly also has two beast receivers on the outside. Something Josh Allen has NEVER had in his career. And may never have. Especially with Beanedermott being extended

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Last season the Bengals O line was better then the Bills and this was true even with the injuries.  I watched a lot of Bengal games living in Cincy and IMO this is not debatable.  Also what is also not debatable is that the Bengals have far more elite/very good offensive play makers then the Bills.  And finally the Bengal's Defensive Coordinator was much better then the Bills Defensive Coordinator.

The two SB teams last year had the best O lines - go figure.

Last season Buffalo had a worse O line then Cinci, Miami & SF. The Jet's O line sucked and they finished 7 - 10 so why are they in the conversation? 

PFF projections are fine but they're just PROJECTIONS.  I put more wait on their evaluation of units in hind site which is much more accurate.

For the record, if the Bills O line finishes rated 24 then they will again likely lose in the Divisional playoff round.  If they're ranked 17 then there is a good chance the Bills are in the SB.  That's how little an improvement will be needed with Allen at QB.

• Agree 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:11 AM, NewEra said:

Enter Dalton Kincaid. 

Out of boredom, I watched a replay of the 2022 PAC 12 Championship Game last night.  Kincaid was bad.  He was not even Utah’s best tight  end that night, and he dropped an EASY 5-yard soft toss for a TD.😮

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

Out of boredom, I watched a replay of the 2022 PAC 12 Championship Game last night.  Kincaid was bad.  He was not even Utah’s best tight  end that night, and he dropped an EASY 5-yard soft toss for a TD.😮

Did you watch Josh Allen vs the Bengals too?  

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

I watched the Marlins play Thursday night. Arraez went 0-3. Dude can’t hit.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 7/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, 90sBills said:

Mahomes working out with some of the receivers in the draft is, IMO, almost Belicheck-like  skirting of the regulations about team visits and work outs.  It's entirely possible Allen was still resting and rehabbing his elbow at that point pre-draft.  It's also entirely possible that isn't something the Bills would like him to do.

Whether or not something is reported, depends upon who is involved and whether or not the players want it reported.  In the past, players have talked in pre-season about going out to throw with Josh, and it was never reported until they said something.  When Diggs helped get Josh and the receivers together in 2020 when OTAs were cancelled, it was reported because the players wanted it to be.  They invited Buffalo photographer Joe Croom (and I think a videographer), and he posted photos and some videos of the workouts. 

But if they didn't do that, who would know?  There are a lot of quality football fields in the country.  The sports media isn't staking out every one.  They aren't even staking out all of the ones near locations where Allen is known to be staying.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Did you watch Josh Allen vs the Bengals too?  

I’m not saying Kincaid sucks…I loved the pick.  Just providing a data-point.  And I do think it’s probably unrealistic to think he’ll be a big difference-maker this year.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not saying Kincaid sucks…I loved the pick.  Just providing a data-point.  And I do think it’s probably unrealistic to think he’ll be a big difference-maker this year.

The utes ran the ball down their throats alls game and dominated.  They didn’t need him to do anything

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I watched the Marlins play Thursday night. Arraez went 0-3. Dude can’t hit.

There are 162 baseball games per season…and only 12 college football games per season. How Kincaid performed in the biggest game of the year is a data-point worth considering, don’t you think?

And we were also told Kincaid never drops the ball, but here he was with a drop as bad as any in Gabe Davis’s or Dawson Knox’s careers…

Just now, NewEra said:

The utes ran the ball down their throats alls game and dominated.  They didn’t need him to do anything

And yet the other Utah TE had a really nice game…so they must have needed something 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Mahomes working out with some of the receivers in the draft is, IMO, almost Belicheck-like  skirting of the regulations about team visits and work outs.  It's entirely possible Allen was still resting and rehabbing his elbow at that point pre-draft.  It's also entirely possible that isn't something the Bills would like him to do.

Whether or not something is reported, depends upon who is involved and whether or not the players want it reported.  In the past, players have talked in pre-season about going out to throw with Josh, and it was never reported until they said something.  When Diggs helped get Josh and the receivers together in 2020 when OTAs were cancelled, it was reported because the players wanted it to be.  They invited Buffalo photographer Joe Croom (and I think a videographer), and he posted photos and some videos of the workouts. 

But if they didn't do that, who would know?  There are a lot of quality football fields in the country.  The sports media isn't staking out every one.  They aren't even staking out all of the ones near locations where Allen is known to be staying.

I don’t think it’s the first time that he has done this in the offseason. Maybe since it’s his personal camp and not the team’s there aren’t any issues. Whatever the case I think it’s a great idea. More qb’s should do this. But I don’t think too many qb’s in the league can pull it off. Having the initiative and able to get teammates to participate. Just shows how much his teammates respect him as a leader.

Yeah you’re right there are a lot of fields in America. But in this day and age of social media I’d doubt any team can do it discreetly without somebody posting it on Twitter. NFL athletes working out are hard to miss.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/1/2023 at 5:38 AM, Aimee75 said:

No I have not been a fan for two years. I have been an avid Bills fan since 1988. 

No knowledgeable person thought Josh would win MVP? You serious? He came in 2nd in 2020, and quite frankly I think he should have gotten it that year. He was very much in the race last season, till his elbow injury. 

I don't understand fans of this team, who claim to be lifelong, bitching so much about a QB who has pretty much brought this organization back to life, especially after a 17 year drought. It's freaking strange to me. This team is not stacked like the 90's Super Bowl teams were. We got Allen, and we got Diggs. That is it. There are no Kent Hulls on this team, or Howard Ballards, no James Lofton type, no Thurman Thomas type RB's, certainly no Bruce Smiths. I don't get the comments about Allen over on this forum, and it's something I have noticed since the season ended.

I never said you "hated" Allen. I don't know you enough to know that. I just don't think his offseason has any bearing on how he will play. If he wants to golf and go on dates with Hailee Steinfeld, I don't think that is remotely an issue. He shows up at OTA's and all that, and aside from that, we literally have no idea what is happening behind the scenes as far as what he is doing in the off season. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening. 

I wasn't talking about 2020. In 2022, he had no realistic shot at the MVP, unless you want to include predictions made before the season started. Yes, then some said he would win it. I'm basing my statements on the fact that he turned the ball over way too much to have a shot. 

I can never understand people who watch the Bills through rose colored glasses, like you. Guess what, a person can be an avid Bills fan and still be able to have a realistic view of their performances. Again, you cannot seem to get the fact that I was not "bitching" about him. I merely pointed out that I noticed some things that might cause him a distraction  going forward. Re-read my posts.

To say "We got Allen and we got Diggs. That's it" is laughable. This team has loads of talented players. No team can be compared to a time when there was no salary cap. Honestly, to say that makes me question your football knowledge. I'm sorry, but seriously? The comments on this forum have nothing to do with what I said. Please don't conflate my comments with that of others. 

I'm glad you know that I do not hate Josh Allen. I'm a big fan of his. To be honest you seem to have a "he can do no wrong" attitude about him. Also, any player's offseason has a bearing on their play. How hard a player prepares, works on his weaknesses, etc. impacts his season. I do agree that we have no idea what might be happening in his preparation for the upcoming season, but I can comment on what I have seen. Like I have stated, I hope he has a great season. I merely said that what Diggs did might actually help them in the long haul. I remember when some of the Bills had to straighten out Jim Kelly. go Bills!!!!

Edited by first_and_ten
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/1/2023 at 9:22 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

I am curious why you are questioning his commitment. I do realize that last season he was practicing with Palmer but does not doing so this offseason lead you to that conclusion? 

I for one dont have all the information about what he does every off-season and cannot judge him. But I also think that the offseason is a time to recuperate mind and body for the grueling season. The last one was particularly so for Allen given the low level of talent around him. I do want him to take time off to not think about the game, relax , get things in perspective, keep his body fit and come to TC fully recharged. 

You will realize I am not trying to be an a$$ and truly want to know the background to your assessment. 

I stated why I felt this way in my post. Go back and read it.  I do not question his will to win. I think he has distractions this off season that he did not have in the past. What's wrong with pointing them out? But again, my point was to say that maybe the Diggs drama will help this team in the long haul. I hope this is the case. He could prove me wrong and cause all kinds of drama too. I was not judging Allen. He is their only hope for a Super Bowl. I just HOPE he's as committed as he was after his rookie season. I hope I've been clear. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

There are 162 baseball games per season…and only 12 college football games per season. How Kincaid performed in the biggest game of the year is a data-point worth considering, don’t you think?

And we were also told Kincaid never drops the ball, but here he was with a drop as bad as any in Gabe Davis’s or Dawson Knox’s careers…

You should definitely be the GM.  Beane probably never watches football or pays attention to detail like you.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, CincyBillsFan said:

So you've been a "Bills fan for over 40 years"?  A couple of comments on this:

*  As a Bills fan I never considered that I "suffered" through the 4 SB losses.  I was frustrated and pissed off, but "suffered" - no that would not be a word I would use for the excitement of going to FOUR straight Super Bowl games, winning FOUR straight AFC championship games and watching a team with all sorts of future HOFers enjoy a decade of elite play.

*  Prescott was 2nd in TO's playing what 5 fewer games? That's why he was roasted.  And for the record, Dallas didn't go 13 - 3, win their division or advance to the divisional round of the playoffs.  And Prescott had a better O line and more top notch offensive play makers then Allen had.

*  By what criteria & evidence are you basing your claim that Allen isn't fully committed?  The off-season is designed in part for these players to unwind, get healthy and clear their heads.  No QB in the last 5 years has been more successful then Mahomes and what does he do in the off season?  Make a lot of commercials from what I can tell.

You use "frustrated" and "pissed off". I say "suffered". Seriously? LOL. Because I used the word "suffered" instead of the words you used, I'm not a Bills fan? I enjoyed the ride back then, but like many Bills fans, we suffered through 4 Super Bowl losses. What if I said you're not a fan because you got "pissed off" over the 4 losses? LOL. You gotta do better than that.

So you're ok with going 13-3 and getting blown out at home in the divisional round?  Good for you, but I'm not. I don't care about Prescott and his team. I would never try to say that Prescott is better than Allen. If that's what you're assuming, you're dead wrong. Geesh!!!

I did not say that Allen wasn't fully committed!!! Re-read my posts and then come back when you're more prepared for this conversation.

11 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

He did say he’s extra focused on football now. So there’s that. 

He did, and I hope it's true. But doesn't everyone say that?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

And yet the other Utah TE had a really nice game…so they must have needed something 

They didn’t need Kincaid. Obv.  Maybe it’s because he’s not very good.  Maybe it also had to due with his injury 

Edited by NewEra

8 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I wasn't talking about 2020. In 2022, he had no realistic shot at the MVP, unless you want to include predictions made before the season started. Yes, then some said he would win it. I'm basing my statements on the fact that he turned the ball over way too much to have a shot. 

I can never understand people who watch the Bills through rose colored glasses, like you. Guess what, a person can be an avid Bills fan and still be able to have a realistic view of their performances. Again, you cannot seem to get the fact that I was not "bitching" about him. I merely pointed out that I noticed some things that might cause him a distraction  going forward. Re-read my posts.

To say "We got Allen and we got Diggs. That's it" is laughable. This team has loads of talented players. No team can be compared to a time when there was no salary cap. Honestly, to say that makes me question your football knowledge. I'm sorry, but seriously? The comments on this forum have nothing to do with what I said. Please don't conflate my comments with that of others. 

I'm glad you know that I do not hate Josh Allen. I'm a big fan of his. To be honest you seem to have a "he can do no wrong" attitude about him. Also, any player's offseason has a bearing on their play. How hard a player prepares, works on his weaknesses, etc. impacts his season. I do agree that we have no idea what might be happening in his preparation for the upcoming season, but I can comment on what I have seen. Like I have stated, I hope he has a great season. I merely said that what Diggs did might actually help them in the long haul. I remember when some of the Bills had to straighten out Jim Kelly. go Bills!!!!

My god, are you kidding? I am legit serious when I ask this, are you really a Bills fan? I really believe there are so many fans of other teams posting here in the guise of Bills fans. Did you see Josh's first six games? He was absolutely in the MVP conversation. The elbow injury hindered things for him. You really don't see that? BTW, he came in 4th in the MVP race, so he was in it the whole time. Again, the elbow injury hurt him a lot.

Too funny you say I am looking at the team through rose colored glasses, when I am here literally saying I am not sure we have enough depth to get past KC and Cincy.

No wait, here is what you REALLY mean. "WhAT IF We dRaFtED MaHOmeS!!!?" 

I don't think Josh can do no wrong, but I do side eye people who criticize him to the lengths some do here. I don't see this stuff when I lurk on a Bengals or Chiefs board. It's like some weird form of self loathing. Obviously Josh can clean some things up, but he is often considered QB2 in the league(at the very least toe to toe with Burrow in the rankings), can go match for match with Mahomes. Despite his turnovers, how often does he cost The Bills games? Very rarely. The Bengals game wasn't his greatest, but I would hardly pin that mess on him. Sure, we can play the "but he nearly cost us" game and go on about how we "almost" lost, but you can say that about any QB. I could point out some games where Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert etc "almost lost". It's just silly.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mannc said:

How Kincaid performed in the biggest game of the year is a data-point worth considering, don’t you think?

Any time you use one game you have to consider sample size and realize it could be an anomaly.  At the same time you have to use it in your overall evaluation but you cant give it more credit that it deserves.  The defense in that game never adjusted to what they were doing with him that wont happen in the NFL.   I am not saying he will or will not be successful in the NFL, just replying to this one comment.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Any time you use one game you have to consider sample size and realize it could be an anomaly.  At the same time you have to use it in your overall evaluation but you cant give it more credit that it deserves.  The defense in that game never adjusted to what they were doing with him that wont happen in the NFL.   I am not saying he will or will not be successful in the NFL, just replying to this one comment.

Agreed

Presumably you guys are referring to his PAC-12 Championship Game vs. USC, which was one of his worst.  He had the least yards of any Utah receiver in that game.  

Extremes are also not good to use, either way. 

As an aside, when drafting PAC-12 offensive players, one has to absolutely consider the softness of PAC-12 Defenses in general.  I'm not a fan of PAC-12 QBs or WRs in round 1 for that reason.  Far too many high-end disappointments.  

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I loved the Kincaid pick.  Living on the West Coast i saw a lot of his games, but watching the replay of this game was a bit surprising.  I didn’t mean to make a big deal out of it…I mean, I’m sure Kyle Pitts had bad games in college too, but the bad drop and being outshone by the other Utah TE were disappointing.  Kincaid absolutely dominated USC in the regular season game, so maybe they were giving him a lot of extra attention in the championship game.

12 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

My god, are you kidding? I am legit serious when I ask this, are you really a Bills fan? I really believe there are so many fans of other teams posting here in the guise of Bills fans. Did you see Josh's first six games? He was absolutely in the MVP conversation. The elbow injury hindered things for him. You really don't see that? BTW, he came in 4th in the MVP race, so he was in it the whole time. Again, the elbow injury hurt him a lot.

Too funny you say I am looking at the team through rose colored glasses, when I am here literally saying I am not sure we have enough depth to get past KC and Cincy.

No wait, here is what you REALLY mean. "WhAT IF We dRaFtED MaHOmeS!!!?" 

I don't think Josh can do no wrong, but I do side eye people who criticize him to the lengths some do here. I don't see this stuff when I lurk on a Bengals or Chiefs board. It's like some weird form of self loathing. Obviously Josh can clean some things up, but he is often considered QB2 in the league(at the very least toe to toe with Burrow in the rankings), can go match for match with Mahomes. Despite his turnovers, how often does he cost The Bills games? Very rarely. The Bengals game wasn't his greatest, but I would hardly pin that mess on him. Sure, we can play the "but he nearly cost us" game and go on about how we "almost" lost, but you can say that about any QB. I could point out some games where Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert etc "almost lost". It's just silly.

Ask all you want Aimee, I won't re-post things I've already said because you cannot comprehend. Honestly, what a stupid question! And I said you were looking at Josh Allen through rose colored glasses, not the team. Can you even read?

Don't put words in my mouth about Patrick Mahomes. Obviously you are very sensitive about him. I have never wished we had drafted Mahomes. Should they have? That's a whole other conversation. I dare not start one because your love affair for Josh Allen might cause your head to explode. Josh Allen is a great quarterback who has flaws like most. 

Sorry, but everything you say screams out, "Josh Allen is God". Again don't compare my point to that of others. Go respond to them, don't take your hate for them out on me. Why would you see criticism of Mahomes on the Chiefs board? He has been to 3 Super Bowls and has won 2 LOL. And as for Burrow, most of the pundits consider him number 2 now. I don't agree, but that's what they say. He has gone to a Super Bowl, unlike Josh, so maybe this is why. 

Aimee, as a die-hard Bills fan for many years (just ask my wife and friends), I would never question someone's allegiance to the Bills based on coming in this site and posing a legitimate concern about the Bills or giving an opinion. You are way too thin skinned. Relax and let others have opinions without attacking them. Please don't respond to me anymore.

14 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

I don't see this stuff when I lurk on a Bengals or Chiefs board.

Maybe the reason you question other people’s motives on here is because you do more than lurk on other teams boards? Projecting your own experiences perhaps?

2 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Ask all you want Aimee, I won't re-post things I've already said because you cannot comprehend. Honestly, what a stupid question! And I said you were looking at Josh Allen through rose colored glasses, not the team. Can you even read?

Don't put words in my mouth about Patrick Mahomes. Obviously you are very sensitive about him. I have never wished we had drafted Mahomes. Should they have? That's a whole other conversation. I dare not start one because your love affair for Josh Allen might cause your head to explode. Josh Allen is a great quarterback who has flaws like most. 

Sorry, but everything you say screams out, "Josh Allen is God". Again don't compare my point to that of others. Go respond to them, don't take your hate for them out on me. Why would you see criticism of Mahomes on the Chiefs board? He has been to 3 Super Bowls and has won 2 LOL. And as for Burrow, most of the pundits consider him number 2 now. I don't agree, but that's what they say. He has gone to a Super Bowl, unlike Josh, so maybe this is why. 

Aimee, as a die-hard Bills fan for many years (just ask my wife and friends), I would never question someone's allegiance to the Bills based on coming in this site and posing a legitimate concern about the Bills or giving an opinion. You are way too thin skinned. Relax and let others have opinions without attacking them. Please don't respond to me anymore.

Everything about you screams "I am a troll", an unhinged one at that.

22 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Maybe the reason you question other people’s motives on here is because you do more than lurk on other teams boards? Projecting your own experiences perhaps?

Yes I lurk on other teams boards from time to time. Turn that into whatever you like/to fit your narrative etc Looks like this board also isn't short of lurkers of other teams, ones that sign up and pretend to be Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, first_and_ten said:

I stated why I felt this way in my post. Go back and read it.  I do not question his will to win. I think he has distractions this off season that he did not have in the past. What's wrong with pointing them out? But again, my point was to say that maybe the Diggs drama will help this team in the long haul. I hope this is the case. He could prove me wrong and cause all kinds of drama too. I was not judging Allen. He is their only hope for a Super Bowl. I just HOPE he's as committed as he was after his rookie season. I hope I've been clear. 

I think your point is clear.  The issue is, you feel so strongly about something that's impossible to know.  I get that it's your opinion and this is a discussion board but clarifying your thoughts doesn't make it any more plausible. 

Edited by White Linen

46 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Yes I lurk on other teams boards from time to time. Turn that into whatever you like/to fit your narrative etc Looks like this board also isn't short of lurkers of other teams, ones that sign up and pretend to be Bills fans.

I only have so much time and motivation to engage in this type of sports entertainment. I’m not going to spend it on a team I don’t follow. The fact that you do and accuse others of doing what you do speaks more about you than any supposed ‘trolls’. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I only have so much time and motivation to engage in this type of sports entertainment. I’m not going to spend it on a team I don’t follow. The fact that you do and accuse others of doing what you do speaks more about you than any supposed ‘trolls’. 

Okay. 

This is not an issue.  He’s not going anywhere, and the dead cap hit is ridiculous over two years.

Besides why in what universe does Beane and McD want to move on from one of the top 5 WR’s in the league still at his peak.

Moving on.  Even if we picked up D. Hop., we’re still not doing it.

• Agree 1