The Concepting Behind The New Bills Stadium | Built For Buffalo Episode 1: The Vision ... 7pm 6/22

T&C

Thanks @T&Cfor posting this video.  Can't wait to see Chapter 2.  I like what I see so far.

I get the feeling that Terry and his team are going to build something we will love and be proud of.

It seems to me the stadium will have a seat to satisfy each type of Bills fan.

It will be a great day when I get to watch a game there for the first time!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks @T&Cfor posting this video.  Can't wait to see Chapter 2.  I like what I see so far.

I get the feeling that Terry and his team are going to build something we will love and be proud of.

It seems to me the stadium will have a seat to satisfy each type of Bills fan.

It will be a great day when I get to watch a game there for the first time!

Go Bills!

I think the stadium will be fantastic. It’s the ticket prices I’m worried about. Very curious to see how sales of PSL’s will go

• Agree 2

On 6/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, hondo in seattle said:

I've seen the Bills play in Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, and Kansas City.  But the last time I was at a home game was in 1974 when OJ got hurt but the Bills still rallied to defeat the Raiders on MNF.

But I'm going to make it to Buffalo when the new stadium is built.  The video excited me.  I want to hear New Highmark rock and feel the energy!

DITTO. Now if my health agrees this IS going to happen. I think I better start saving my pennies now. MAJOR pennies 

🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Concepting, it’s similar to Adulting, am I right or am I right…, 

On 6/22/2023 at 3:56 PM, Nextmanup said:

Someone tell the Bills "concepting" isn't a word.

It's very much a word in corporate marketing - or at least it's a big part of whatever my clients think I do on a day-to-day basis.  Lotta concepeting, lotta deck development, lotta alignment... 🤣 🙌 :beer: 

Now that the preliminary work is starting on this thing, can we for the love of god NOT use whoever did the concrete in the last renovation… or at least look into a different mix or whatever research there is in making more cold-hardy concrete?

That Buffalo News article awhile back that detailed & showed photos of all of the problems… that concrete wasn’t 10 years old and it was cracking and eroding all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Now that the preliminary work is starting on this thing, can we for the love of god NOT use whoever did the concrete in the last renovation… or at least look into a different mix or whatever research there is in making more cold-hardy concrete?

That Buffalo News article awhile back that detailed & showed photos of all of the problems… that concrete wasn’t 10 years old and it was cracking and eroding all over the place.

Well, the concrete work back in the 70s for projects like these were likely all mob ran and they pretty much did as they pleased. Things are a little different now. 

9 hours ago, UConn James said:

Hey! What did ya want for $20 million? 😉

Wow, I'm happy to see that they took my feedback to heart, based on what was said here at least.

I was in one of those focus groups they mentioned.  My key points to them (at least around gameday experience) were:

• View.  First and foremost, I'm there to see the game.  Make sure the sightlines are there.
  • Bathrooms.  Not everyone needs food or drink in the stadium, but almost all of us will need to use a bathroom at some point.  Make sure we can get from our seat to a bathroom, and that it's big enough to handle everyone so that we don't have 15 minute waits and lines clogging the concourses.  Not having to pee in a sink is a plus, but not required.
  • Cell coverage and wi-fi.  Gotta be able to communicate with the outside world from inside the stadium.
  • Sound.  I'd love to be able to clearly hear announcements
  • Traffic.  Need to get away from the stadium in less than an hour.
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/26/2023 at 7:41 PM, UConn James said:

Weird.  The Romans built concrete buildings with quicklime (rather than slaked lime) that had self-healing properties and lasted thousands of years.  Modern engineers can't build something out of concrete that maintains its integrity for more than 10 years?  

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Weird.  The Romans built concrete buildings with quicklime (rather than slaked lime) that had self-healing properties and lasted thousands of years.  Modern engineers can't build something out of concrete that maintains its integrity for more than 10 years?  

Engineers don’t build. They design. 😉

31 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Need to put Einstein on it. He can’t dress himself, but I bet he can handle this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.