Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

Game today 2-17 Saturday

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Minnesota Wild 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST Xcel Energy Center 

I have been a wayward Sabres fan. I would love to see some heart and grit today. #Watching

what the heck happened? Our high hopes sunk like the titanic

and it now went off my ESPN Plus feed at the end of regulation  Boooooooooooooo

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Greenway and Joki in OT. UPL playing well, they finally show some heart.

MY Bad Doc.It is because the game ended with a BIG DUB. That was fast

Now I need to keep watching every game 🙂

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

and it now went off my ESPN Plus feed at the end of regulation  Boooooooooooooo

MY Bad Doc.It is because the game ended with a BIG DUB. That was fast

Now I need to keep watching every game 🙂

The feng shui of the universe is difficult to calculate, but you might be the Lucky Charm.

• Haha (+1) 1

I ordered an authentic adidas Primegreen jersey tonight on the team page with my own last name on back (because I can’t be traded or leave in FA) and #15 in the regular royal blue set that is truly beautiful & traditional after our jersey designs were so bad for so long. Can say that I was a bit tempted on a Tage Thompson since he’s a fellow UConn alum, but I had to stay with my protocol.

Been considering it for awhile to add to my favorite team jersey collection and have heard that the Fanatics branded jerseys the league is switching to (and what will be available to fans) next season are terrible quality. So it was getting to crunch time to just get it done.

I was watching on ESPN+ and ordered in the 3rd period after we went down 2-1. Little while later the evener and then the OT win. 

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1

UPCOMING EVENTS

Feb192024

🏒 Anaheim Ducks @ Buffalo Sabres9:30 AM - 12:30 PM PSTKeyBank Center

Game is Blacked out here in SoCal But a holiday special midday game. So technically I can't watch a la ******

8 hours ago, Process said:

Anyone know the sabres record after a win this season? I swear it has to be like 2-22. 

Have they won more than 2 in a row all season?

What a pathetic bunch. 

They have not won 3 in a row all season.  Its actually quite a feat.

They are 4-17 after a win.  They have had only 4 opportunities to win 3 in a row.

Edited by Jauronimo

here is a game dates primer. Games every other day until early March and then it gets wonky.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Feb212024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Montréal Canadiens4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTCentre Bell

Feb232024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Columbus Blue Jackets4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTNationwide Arena

Feb252024

🏒 Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres3:00 PM - 6:00 PM PSTKeyBank Center

Feb272024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTAmerant Bank Arena

Feb292024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTAmalie Arena

Mar22024

🏒 Vegas Golden Knights @ Buffalo Sabres4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTKeyBank Center

Mar32024

🏒 Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTKeyBank Center

Mar62024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PSTScotiabank Arena

Mar72024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Nashville Predators5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PSTBridgestone Arena

Load More Events

Well, about the only positive I can come up with for this season is that it looks like UPL has established himself as a legit #1 goalie.

other than that… 🤮

I’m pretty much totally checked out at this point. Couldn’t even tell you when they play next, nor do I care. Haven’t watched more than a few minutes of a game in well over a month now.

Hockey was always my #1 sport but this season was the final straw that broke my back. We heard how this season was “all about winning”, but that was a bunch of BS. They did very little in the offseason to improve the roster, and then absolutely nothing in season to try and save the season.

Kevyn Adams seems content to have another “internal growth” season. Except, the entire roster (besides UPL) has been moving backwards. Any organization that actually cared about winning would have done something to try and save the season.

But Buffalo seems content to let yet another rebuild go to $*** and let losing habits take over.

oh, and if the Sabres terrible effort + play wasn’t a big enough “**** you” to the fans, the Sabres players have stopped saluting the crowd after wins because they were mad they got booed.

seriously. ⬇️

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nhl/sabres/buffalo-sabres-nhl-don-granato-columbus-blue-jackets-toronto-maple-leafs/article_97abb70c-cc5a-11ee-8ab4-1f71e58cc14c.html

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:49 PM, Process said:

Anyone know the sabres record after a win this season? I swear it has to be like 2-22. 

Have they won more than 2 in a row all season?

What a pathetic bunch. 

They are 4-16-4 following a win (1-9-1 at home, 3-7-3 away) and 20-10 following a loss (11-6 at home, 9-4 away).

This consistent inconsistency, to me, is further evidence of a coaching staff and a veteran leadership core (namely: Okposo and Girgensons) that need to be replaced this offseason.

However…I’m not nearly as depressed as most Sabres fans are regarding the future. Levi, UPL, Dahlin, Power, Thompson, Cozens, Mitts, Quinn, Peterka, Tuch, and Benson are still a promising young core. Samuelsson, Jokiharju, Ryan Johnson, Krebs, and Greenway are still intriguing complementary pieces. Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen, Wahlberg, Poltapov, Strbak, and Novikov are still quality prospects. I just named…24 people!

So yeah…I refuse to wallow in misery. 13 straight seasons without playoffs is horrible, but it can end at 13 with the right head coach and a few gritty vets who know how much hard work it takes to succeed in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I stopped watching 3 weeks ago. I'd give anyone a pass to be a fair-weather fan at this point. That's where I'm at. It's looking like stormy weather for the extended future. 

But what will you do with your sabres fan time though.  It's a legitimate question.  I am not trying to shade you finding better ways to spend your time. I'm just curious as to your thoughts on what that might be? Im nosey 🙂   

lol you don't have to answer that question.  

I am going to watch and if nothing else learn what we don't want moving forward if they do end up folding like cheap suits even further

Hope  springs eternal! 

• Like (+1) 1