Thanks coach McDermott… you’re one of the best coaches in the game.

Dopey

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm talking about the 2023 NFL season, which QBs would you take over Allen. It's not that difficult a question

I love Josh Allen.  He might already be my favorite player ever that said....

Mahomes is clearly on a tier of his own.  His floor is hosting the afc championship game.  

From there I have Allen and Burrow as the next 2 guys.  I cant argue against anyone who puts Burrow over Allen or vice versa.  

Last year though the injury hampered Josh imo and Burrow had a better year. 

Unsurprisingly (albeit disappointingly) to me it was Burrow v Mahomes in the afc championship game.  Which again goes to my point, the Bills were not a better team than either the Bengals or the Chiefs by the end of the year.  Injuries took a lot of talent off the field.  That was a much bigger factor than McDermott imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thirteen seconds was not McDermott's fault. He said it himself after the game. It was "execution". Who wouldn't want to play for a great guy like that? Throws his players under the bus when it's him and his staff that blew it. 

Saying this clown is a great coach pretty much tells everyone you are not a knowledgeable nor objective fan. Which is fine. Not everyone is.

You have the most naturally gifted player in the league at the most important position. Making the playoffs is the bare minimum right now. Yet the team is actually getting worse if you really look at it. They looked uninspired through most of the season starting with the Sunday nighter against green bay. They were lucky to beat the dolphins at home who were starting a 3rd stringer and then got blown out the following week.

If the players look listless, that's at least partly on the coach. All this "leader of men" garbage flies out the window if you don't have Allen behind center. McDermott is Dick Jauron 2.0 who lucked into a great QB or he'd be a DB assistant in Carolina right now.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

By year 7 in Elway’s career he had taken the Broncos to 3 superbowls. Granted he didn’t win any of those but 3 chances in the big game is a long ways from where Bills are at presently with Allen.

Thats a good point.

24 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Thirteen seconds was not McDermott's fault. He said it himself after the game. It was "execution". Who wouldn't want to play for a great guy like that? Throws his players under the bus when it's him and his staff that blew it. 

Saying this clown is a great coach pretty much tells everyone you are not a knowledgeable nor objective fan. Which is fine. Not everyone is.

You have the most naturally gifted player in the league at the most important position. Making the playoffs is the bare minimum right now. Yet the team is actually getting worse if you really look at it. They looked uninspired through most of the season starting with the Sunday nighter against green bay. They were lucky to beat the dolphins at home who were starting a 3rd stringer and then got blown out the following week.

If the players look listless, that's at least partly on the coach. All this "leader of men" garbage flies out the window if you don't have Allen behind center. McDermott is Dick Jauron 2.0 who lucked into a great QB or he'd be a DB assistant in Carolina right now.

👉

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

By year 7 in Elway’s career he had taken the Broncos to 3 superbowls. Granted he didn’t win any of those but 3 chances in the big game is a long ways from where Bills are at presently with Allen.

And Elway had a better coach in Reeves. Though he also struggled to bring home the trophy, at least he got a lot closer.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

I love Josh Allen.  He might already be my favorite player ever that said....

Mahomes is clearly on a tier of his own.  His floor is hosting the afc championship game.  

From there I have Allen and Burrow as the next 2 guys.  I cant argue against anyone who puts Burrow over Allen or vice versa.  

Last year though the injury hampered Josh imo and Burrow had a better year. 

Unsurprisingly (albeit disappointingly) to me it was Burrow v Mahomes in the afc championship game.  Which again goes to my point, the Bills were not a better team than either the Bengals or the Chiefs by the end of the year.  Injuries took a lot of talent off the field.  That was a much bigger factor than McDermott imo.

Appreciate you at least answering😂😂

Imo there is no other QB in the league who is required to throw the ball at an MVP level while simultaneously being responsible for 50% of their offense's rushing attack...all behind a perennially low quality offensive line. The amount of effort and sheer physical ability to run this offense is something only he can do which is why I always put him at the top. Mahomes obviously I love and until Allen gets the hardware he can't be #1 but there's no other QB in the league that does more with less than 17. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Allen is great but Mahomes is better. 

No kidding. Do Bills fans want credit for admitting this? Allen’s peers are Hurts and Herbert. Now that’s actually an interesting trio to debate and rank.

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Making the playoffs is the bare minimum right now. Yet the team is actually getting worse if you really look at it. 

Bingo. 

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

All this "leader of men" garbage flies out the window if you don't have Allen behind center. McDermott is Dick Jauron 2.0 who lucked into a great QB or he'd be a DB assistant in Carolina right now.

Perfectly written. Spot on.

• Agree 1

On 6/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, Chicken Boo said:

I actually applaud posters like newcam2012, PBF81, etc. They don't follow the herd and can actually see the forest for the trees.  

McDermott has done a great job in helping to build this franchise to where it is today, but soon it's going get to a point where just making the playoffs isn't good enough.

I'm sure the players love him, but Bucs players loved Tony Dungy in 2000 as well.  

As of right now he’s more a Marty Schottenheimer then a Tony Dungy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Gunner is my favorite poster as well. Even when we disagree. I thought Gunner was a women though? Perhaps i’ve been wrong on that.

You thought that @GunnerBill was a woman... 🤣🤣🤣

Was that based on his masculine username or his masculine style of writing?

Suddenly it's become clear that your confusion isn't just confined to his gender...

16 minutes ago, Airseven said:

No kidding. Do Bills fans want credit for admitting this? Allen’s peers are Hurts and Herbert. Now that’s actually an interesting trio to debate and rank.

Mahomes is a better passer for sure.  But better overall QB, debatable to be sure. 

This league is predicted upon offense and had been for years.  Teams with head coaches from an offensive background have an advantage as do QBs on those teams generally speaking and in apples-to-apples comps.  

I would loved to have seen what Reich would have done here.  His offenses in Philly with siht at QB were average.  Good offenses in Indy, also with siht at QB were above average.  

He would have been a much better hire for Allen than McD.  

And yes, I realize the chicken/egg element there.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Home run post here. 

38 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Disagree. Clearly Mahomes is on top. Allen and Burrow a tier below. I think Allen is better but would understand if someone thinks Burrow is better. Herbert? C’mon. Hurts needs to show more imo. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Disagree. Clearly Mahomes is on top. Allen and Burrow a tier below. I think Allen is better but would understand if someone thinks Burrow is better. Herbert? C’mon. Hurts needs to show more imo. 

The sad part is Allen hasn't achieved what the others have except Herbert. The others have Super Bowl appearances and or rings. Make you wanna shout...

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The sad part is Allen hasn't achieved what the others have except Herbert. The others have Super Bowl appearances and or rings. Make you wanna shout...

That is literally only because McDermott and co gagged away the 13second game. Who knows if they beat the Bengals and go on to the SB but if Allen leads the Bills to a W in that game (and for all intents and purposes he did) the idea of comparing him to Herbert is laughable.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I know the feeling. Allen will get his in due time. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Mahomes is a better passer for sure.  But better overall QB, debatable to be sure. 

This league is predicted upon offense and had been for years.  Teams with head coaches from an offensive background have an advantage as do QBs on those teams generally speaking and in apples-to-apples comps.  

I would loved to have seen what Reich would have done here.  His offenses in Philly with siht at QB were average.  Good offenses in Indy, also with siht at QB were above average.  

He would have been a much better hire for Allen than McD.  

And yes, I realize the chicken/egg element there.  

Frank? The man who personally vouched for Carson Wentz and pounded the table for the ghost of Matt Ryan? Yea. No. 

18 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Others have said this, and it's true.  The ignore feature works very well.  I have about ten posters on "Ignore," including one who was added minutes ago.  

I put people on ignore who I find I end up in arguments with, instead of discussions.   They are typically very knowledgeable Bills fans, but they go round and round, simply disagreeing with whatever you say and not actually having a discussion that tends to educate both.  

What I really like about the Ignore feature is that while you're in a thread, you can see whether one of your Ignored users has posted anything, and the system lets you reveal that posted, take the poster off ignore, etc.  It's very easy.  So, while I'm reading, if I see that an Ignored user has posted, and because I know he's knowledgeable, sometimes I'll click to see what he had to say.   It works really well.  Sometimes it leads to me taking the user off Ignore.  

Try it.  

Oh I am well aware of this feature. I wish that there was a way to hide my posts from at least one certain troll in order to avoid being stalked but yes, the ignore feature is quite useful.

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This is great.  It's tough medicine to swallow, but your view on is could very well be true.  Maybe the Bills just weren't good enough.  I think there's something to that.   But I also will say that the Bills inability to play as well as anyone expected coincided with the onset of the emotional disruption.   At the end of the day, there's certainly some truth in both views.  

The Hamlin incident preyed upon the biggest weakness of this team: they are emotionally immature, at least in my opinion. If 13 Seconds doesn't happen, I think this team might be celebrating two in a row. But they still haven't fully recovered from that. Actually, the KC win mid-season may have served to hinder the recovery from that - regardless of what we make of the GB game that followed the bye, it's tough not to look at that Chiefs victory and wonder if they climaxed at that point. And perhaps they get everything back if the litany of disasters doesn't afflict the team - the elbow injury, the blizzard, Von's injury, Hamlin's event...and surely the Topps shooting and Kim's situation were all mixed in there too.

But for f***'s sake, I'm sick of being a town that has to drag out adversity after adversity (or perhaps excuse after excuse) why my teams have s*** the bed. Is the difference between a winner and a loser that the winner doesn't need to scribble down the events that kept them from the title? All my defensemen were injured...Hull's skate in the crease...Dickerson's big mouth...the helmet...Norwood...

At some point I want my team to say F*** it and do it. Just do it. I don't really want to discount the severity of things from last season, but if we're sitting here in February of 2024 talking about the distraction of the stadium project or someone getting injured or they played too many games in too few days or the London trip, I'm not going to be very patient with it. This team isn't new to this anymore. They've got to solve it. And that probably means the most daunting expectations on our QB that could be expected, and I just hope he's got it in him.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Like (+1) 2