goofy Allen vs serious Allen

ganesh

I’m just looking at this thread and when did this board go from a Bills board to “Days of Our Lives”.  

The kid’s growing up.  He’s now what 27.  Don’t you remember what you were like at 27.  So he’s trying to make a positive impact. So he’s getting dressed up for the Derby.  So what?

What Josh does off the field not affecting on the field is none of my business.  Probably why I’ve never read People ever.  I could care less who Josh dates, what suit he wears for what event, or what new actress he’s been seen with.  

I had a wife for that kind of stuff.  She didn’t do a lot of that either.  It’s just gossip crap.

I’m more interested in any news on mini camp this week.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m just looking at this thread and when did this board go from a Bills board to “Days of Our Lives”.  

The kid’s growing up.  He’s now what 27.  Don’t you remember what you were like at 27.  So he’s trying to make a positive impact. So he’s getting dressed up for the Derby.  So what?

What Josh does off the field not affecting on the field is none of my business.  Probably why I’ve never read People ever.  I could care less who Josh dates, what suit he wears for what event, or what new actress he’s been seen with.  

I had a wife for that kind of stuff.  She didn’t do a lot of that either.  It’s just gossip crap.

I’m more interested in any news on mini camp this week.

At 27….. I was doing things I wouldn’t repeat here 😂

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

He’s far too commercialized - becoming a distraction for the team. 

What about that movie star he's started dating?  Major distraction, what happened to focused on football?

/sarcasm

13 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

There are so many Karens on this board.

pssst.  a fair handful of the responses are sarcastic

14 hours ago, muppy said:

OR the counterpoint  to his GF being a distraction maybe she will be a huge ASSET. She doesn't "need"  him and he clearly doesn't  "need" her.

Both careers are very secure . Whatever distance between them could either help or hurt him.

That's true with Any relationship though.  I think people sometimes discount just how smart a guy like Josh Allen is. On the field Brilliance. I dare think off the field too.

All this borrowing trouble though....😶

Josh saw advantage Br*dy had with partner who knew how to act; he got lots of calls from Zebras.

Maybe this will help Josh on calls.

I agree with you and I think its by design.  I suspect the entire team is going to be a little more serious this year following the unexpected early exit last year.  It was a big disappointment, I even suspect that Diggs is leading this "time to be serious" approach.   

17 hours ago, HT02 said:

I agree with you and I think its by design.  I suspect the entire team is going to be a little more serious this year following the unexpected early exit last year.  It was a big disappointment, I even suspect that Diggs is leading this "time to be serious" approach.   

May not see the return of Friday dance party?

Threads like this are what happen when you decide you have to talk about the Buffalo Bills 365 days a year.

You don't.  

Time will pass, the first game will roll around on Monday night, and away we go.

All the off-season BS, garbage, space filling, and time wasting will be flushed down the toilet and we can get back to actually having some issues to discuss.

When that first game gets here, I hope Josh goes out and plays great.

Until then, what is there to say?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, Coldfronts said:

He is still a big fish in a very small pond.  I think he knows this

It seems that he prefers that small pond.  

On 6/10/2023 at 10:33 AM, CoffeeDrip said:

This is silly. I’m sure he will be just fine as soon as he steps out on that field - not concerned at all.

He'll be fine with her as his go-to in the slot role.  

On 6/10/2023 at 11:08 AM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Inside the Mafia and with majority of Media, Allen will always have high praise for his athletic Ability and stats.

outside those two bubbles…his career has already begun to trend more toward the Phil Mickleson, P. Manning (pre them winning)

lots of stats, lots of highlights…but no hardware.

it’s the type of narrative that leads to other teams fans and a national narrative that screams “stop forcing Allen down our throats.”

of course that all goes away if he wins a title or MVP or both.

I'd like to see Allen under an offensively oriented head coach before coming to that final conclusion.  

Edited by PBF81

On 6/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, ganesh said:

Josh Allen appears very serious in all the events and press conference during this off season.  Compared to it, he was goofing around and loose in previous off seasons. 

I usually find him playing well when he is loose and comfortable.   Anyone else notice this marked difference ?

He's also been at higher profile events with far more media attention. 

I wouldn't be worried, one article had him quoted as the two of them laughing a lot when together.  That means loose, which is good.  

As long as he continues to heave before games I think we'll be fine.  :D  

On 6/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, ganesh said:

Josh Allen appears very serious in all the events and press conference during this off season.  Compared to it, he was goofing around and loose in previous off seasons. 

I usually find him playing well when he is loose and comfortable.   Anyone else notice this marked difference ?

how does how he acts in the offseason equate to how he plays in season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.