Allen willing to change

Scott7975

22 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

3rd and 6

1st Quarter

Score 0-0

Allen drops back and there is immediate pressure.  Don’t run.  Don’t spin.  Don’t hurdle.

Just spike the ball at the feet of your running back who stayed in (and failed) to block.

Punt.

Allen starts doing that…then we can believe he is serious about starting to play this game at the level required for the long haul.

I would be pissed if he did this.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Yes let's change our Top 3 QB in the NFL. The best QB we ever had, instead of giving him the proper weapon. Let's try to make him into Mahomes which his game type doesn't fit. We need WRs that can go down field

We do. But we need protection too. Josh is our biggest asset. The focus should be on maximising him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:45 AM, Big Turk said:

Makes sense. The only 2 times he has been hurt in his career have been getting hit in the pocket.

I think if you do an injury comparison, the vast majority of QBs get hurt on hits in the pocket.

Murray tore an ACL while running out of the pocket...Tannehill tore an ACL while running out of bounds, but most injuries are from in the pocket hits.

I'd be willing to bet that he's sustained injuries on runs as well, just played through them.

20 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Yes let's change our Top 3 QB in the NFL. The best QB we ever had, instead of giving him the proper weapon. Let's try to make him into Mahomes which his game type doesn't fit. We need WRs that can go down field

I agree with a lot of this. What makes Josh so great is he is going to fight on every play for every yard. It seems kinda wrong to change that.

however, no matter how big you are, those hits catch up. They happened with Cam and Big Ben. But there is nothing better than Allen jumping over a player or trying to run a guy over. 

On 5/6/2023 at 4:12 PM, Mister Defense said:

Ridiculous that Allen is put in the position of needing to say this.

Allen did not do what he did last year, put himself in harm's way all of the time, wing the ball down the field, and play "Hero Ball' because it was his first choice.

He did so because of the extremely one dimensional offense the Bills employed. He tried to overcome the nonsense Dorsey created.

They had an extremely poor short passing game, while Allen had proved to be superb at this in the previous years. Extremely lacking and poorly conceived.

The Bills ran the ball almost always as an afterthought, it seems, and  almost never established the run as an integral part of the game.  This despite clear signs that they were a dynamic, high level running team, (look at the yards per carry of both Motor and Cook), capable of running with the best teams in the league.

Allen is not Rodgers, thank God, or Wilson, thank all the powers that be, and, at least so far in his career, has never called out coaches publicly and likely in private either.  So he takes the blame as always.

This.  I’m sick of seeing Bean and McD say Allen needs to “play smarter”.  Yes, he should slide more, and he did that last year.  But more than that, as you said, was a combo of the awful play calling and subpar OL personnel and play.  

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We do. But we need protection too. Josh is our biggest asset. The focus should be on maximising him.

very happy we have Torrence on the OL now.  Should help Bates. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2023 at 1:51 PM, GoBills808 said:

So would the guy who wrote that and everyone who gave it a time up

But there likely be different causes the anger is focused on.  I'd be angry that the defender was on Allen in a mere few seconds whereas some fans would be angry Josh took the smart play ànd is on to the next play.  Not sure there are are many Bills fans who worry about 1st and 20 as there once were.  Josh converts those more often than any qb the Bills have ever had.  I'd rather Josh just end play then hurry up line up again before defender has a moment to catch their breaths.  I'd guess they could have a crazy success rate on plays that followed that scenario.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:13 PM, nucci said:

I would be pissed if he did this.

I believe it.

Ive been to games seeing fans raging over an Allen incomplete pass.

only to look up at there is 14 minutes to go in the 1st Quarter with the score 0-0.

😂

Sometimes that excitement/nerves causes folks to really lose it.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:13 AM, B-Large said:

This is like me looking to shoot in the low eighties/ seventies... sure I know I have to work on the short game to get there.... will I do it consistently, not yet!

I know this feeling 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.