Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess you get more for your $1.4B in Florida. 🙄

They could have saved a bunch and just made every single seat in the stadium the pool seats like they have in that upper deck part. Everyone comes to the games in shorts with a towel. By the end of the 2nd Q all the water will be bright yellow. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

Would a renovation for $1.4b be anything less?

Good point, but this is quite the renovation. It's not just adding a canopy to the stadium - they are physically altering the stadium itself as well. They're literally  Literally ripping all 4 corners of the stadium out. Widening the concourses. Brand new bathrooms (while adding 12 more), escalators, elevators. Removing entire sections.  All seating changed. All new concessions. 

Probably as close to a rebuild as you could get while it still being a renovation.

41 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Good point, but this is quite the renovation. It's not just adding a canopy to the stadium - they are physically altering the stadium itself as well. They're literally  Literally ripping all 4 corners of the stadium out. Widening the concourses. Brand new bathrooms (while adding 12 more), escalators, elevators. Removing entire sections.  All seating changed. All new concessions. 

Probably as close to a rebuild as you could get while it still being a renovation.

So they’re keeping the dirt underneath the stadium is what your saying. Got it 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, mrags said:

So they’re keeping the dirt underneath the stadium is what your saying. Got it 

Still a helluva lot cheaper than building a similar new stadium from scratch. Then again, the costs of “renovations” for old stadiums has escalated so much over the years. By the time they’re finished with their latest renovation of Arrowhead, the Chiefs and taxpayers will have spent nearly $1.2b in renovations since 2007. It’s crazy.

34 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are the golden troughs installed yet, or do they have to wait to collect all the PSLs?

Have to wait. Because if not enough people pay the premium pricing we’re getting tin troughs instead 

• Haha (+1) 1

Maybe I'm Captain Dumba$$ here but I just saw the Beane interview with Chris Long (really good, thanks, @Alphadawg7, and worth a watch for a lot of reasons) but Beane said in in that the field will have grass and you can't have grass in a dome.

I didn't know domes couldn't have grass.

Maybe 98% of folks here know that but for the one other dumba$$ here, thee ya go. Players prefer grass so that's a big plus.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Maybe I'm Captain Dumba$$ here but I just saw the Beane interview with Chris Long (really good, thanks, @Alphadawg7, and worth a watch for a lot of reasons) but Beane said in in that the field will have grass and you can't have grass in a dome.

Maybe 98% of folks here know that but for the one other dumba$$ here, thee ya go. Players prefer grass so that's a big plus.

Several people have tried to grow grass inside, it doesn't really work well.

Honestly, I'm skeptical of a grass field in Buffalo at all.  It will be fine until mid-November. What happens when it gets 2 feet of snow on it?  How do you empty out the stadium without driving heavy equipment on the field? How do you drive heavy equipment on the field without destroying it?  The grass has to be heated from underneath so it keeps growing, fine, so the field won't freeze either, meaning it will still be relatively soft.  They will need grow lights, etc similar to what they use in England soccer to keep the grass growing because it's too dark in the winter, plus the shade the stadium and overhang itself will create.  I'm less worried about the grass growing provided that they are committed to making it happen properly, but the removal of the inevitable large snowfalls is a question.  Also resodding.  If they have to resod in say January can they get the soil warm enough for the roots to take?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Honestly, I'm skeptical of a grass field in Buffalo at all.  It will be fine until mid-November. What happens when it gets 2 feet of snow on it?  How do you empty out the stadium without driving heavy equipment on the field? How do you drive heavy equipment on the field without destroying it?  The grass has to be heated from underneath so it keeps growing, fine, so the field won't freeze either, meaning it will still be relatively soft.  They will need grow lights, etc similar to what they use in England soccer to keep the grass growing because it's too dark in the winter, plus the shade the stadium and overhang itself will create.  I'm less worried about the grass growing provided that they are committed to making it happen properly, but the removal of the inevitable large snowfalls is a question.  Also resodding.  If they have to resod in say January can they get the soil warm enough for the roots to take?

If I'm Captain Dumba$$ you're Captain Buzzkill!

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

Where's Jax gonna play while they're renovating?   Or they just gonna hammer it out in an offseason?

I read that they’ll play in either Orlando or Gainesville for the 2027 season.

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

The Raiders field is grass, but it's the type that can be rolled out of the stadium to get natural sunlight. 

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The Packers have a mix artificial/real grass field.  It's actually interesting reading this article, that they rip out the grass part every year and grow new grass.  

https://wisconsinlife.org/story/green-bay-man-leaps-into-dream-job-tending-the-lambeau-turf

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The Raiders field is grass, but it's the type that can be rolled out of the stadium to get natural sunlight. 

Same thing for the Cardinals in Arizona. I believe they were the first to use a retractable natural grass field.