Bills trade 6th rounds picks for what in return?

jaybills

1 minute ago, 5ths the charm said:

So should the 6th rounders in 2024 be better than the 6th rounders this year?

I look at it as giving us more ammunition to trade up and down in the early rounds of next year's draft.  Also, more resources for in season trades to help us down the stretch this season.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

So should the 6th rounders in 2024 be better than the 6th rounders this year?

Is this a serious question? Yes professional football teams with professional scouting departments can predict relative strength of draft classes. If the potential talent pool for 2024 looks better than 2023 then yeah one could conclude there might be better talent in the 6th rd next year than this year.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I look at it as giving us more ammunition to trade up and down in the early rounds of next year's draft.  Also, more resources for in season trades to help us down the stretch this season.

Also this.

By the time you get this deep into the draft, there isn't much difference among 6th rounders, 7th rounders and UDFA's.  Unless there were specific guys on their board that they liked in the 6th, then why not move back to the 7th and get some extra picks next year?  The Bills have definitely found contributors in the later rounds in the past, such as Bass, Benford, Hamlin, and Dane Jackson, but maybe they don't see any guys of that caliber, or feel pretty confident they can get them in the 7th.  Other later round guys they've drafted in recent years that were assigned to the Practice Squad were poached by other teams, so the value of these picks to the Bills isn't that great.  It also seems to be the opinion of this board that next year's draft is deeper, so the 6th rounders next year may be more valuable than one's this year.   Finally, as pointed out above, these late round picks can be used for either trading up next year or for minor acquistions during the season if there are injuries (such as picking up Marlowe from the Falcons this past year, in-sesaon, when our secondary was decimated by injuries).   While I'm not willing to give the Bills a pass on every move, I'm OK with these moves.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

yea, I’m struggling to find anything but camp bodies when comparing availability vs roster so May as well push back 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.