RD 3, Pick 91: LB Dorian Williams, Tulane

SDS

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We certainly are changing the schemes up on both sides of the ball. Rapp was a give away on that one. When you get to Cincy and KC, they aren't going to maul, pound and bruise you; they are going to throw all over your as$. We have seen that our scheme is great in the regular season and gets exposed in the post season.

It will never be said, but I really feel like Sean wanted a change on defense. At that Cincy game watching Frazier just stand there while McD got down with the D players on the sideline to go over film and then seeing him calling plays - it just felt like we couldn't run it back.  You can say 12 seconds was a fluke, but again in the playoffs this year we have had a hard time getting off the field. The Tua - less Phins had a go at us. You can bring up Damar and the mental exhaustion and everything else, but you can't just sit back and take shot after shot.

For the teams with a strong running game and crap QB/WRs Klein will get a bunch of playing time - against the 3 WR offenses - lighter LBs and 3 safeties  or Benford/Jackson, Tre Elam and Taron. It does make sense

yep. Klien will play a big roll still on this team against running teams.. I like the obvious changes on this team. New playbook on offense and defense.... 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Darius Leonard plays at 220. Devin White, Roquan Smith, Nick Bolton all play under in the 230's. 

He has to put on 5-7 lbs to play Mike in 2023. 

Agreed and he’s still only 21.  Plenty of time to do that.  

Don’t love the pick don’t hate it either.  

But all the traits are there - especially speed and IQ

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

13 seconds was McDermott not Frazier and we all know it.  

Don't want to argue it anymore but the D has collapsed in every playoff loss going back to the Texans.   McD can't hide from it any longer.  It is his defense entirely now.  

not much to argue about....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yep. Klien will play a big roll still on this team against running teams.. I like the obvious changes on this team. New playbook on offense and defense.... 

I was onboard with the Dorsey promotion, but he is the biggest wildcard in all of this and the one the scares me the most. Sean has had very good defenses in his career and he is usually aggressive in his play calling. I'm a bit worried about the overall size of the LBs, but I get changing it up and I understand on a high level what the thought process seems to be. Easier to have faith on the D with Sean having success before. Dorsey - no f-ing clue and it scares the hell out of me. Can he design plays?

3 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

…And this is why I would have given up a 3rd for DHop all freakin day.

a trade can easily happen tomorrow or after - hell they may even cut him. Take your lumps this year and clean the cap up for next year

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Darius Leonard plays at 220. Devin White, Roquan Smith, Nick Bolton all play under in the 230's. 

He has to put on 5-7 lbs to play Mike in 2023. 

Did somebody say “body transformation” ???

::McDermott breathing intensifies::

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

And his $15m and diva approach.. when the cards won’t trade him.. sounds good but in reality they wanted more 

my point was more that established players are often traded for 3rd-5th round picks and they almost always offer better value and make more of an impact than players taken in that range that end up being mediocre and/or flat out misses more often than not.  If the opportunity ever was there, it’s a way to make the team a lot better than a guy like Dorian Williams ever will. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I was onboard with the Dorsey promotion, but he is the biggest wildcard in all of this and the one the scares me the most. Sean has had very good defenses in his career and he is usually aggressive in his play calling. I'm a bit worried about the overall size of the LBs, but I get changing it up and I understand on a high level what the thought process seems to be. Easier to have faith on the D with Sean having success before. Dorsey - no f-ing clue and it scares the hell out of me. Can he design plays?

ok.. so this is a copy paste league for a reason... not just in personnel but in playbooks as well. There are so many different plays already written that one does not really need to design plays. What he needs to learn is set up plays that in future downs tricks defenses into thinking you are going one way, and then we go the different direction. Having Kincaid will help with that. 

The Best question that can not be answered.. Can he create a dynamic playbook with smooth progression of plays throughout the game. I think he does not do it alone, I think he quietly gets outside help like many other OC's do..  I think what we dream of is a offensive playbook like San Fran... That is not happening... but there is plenty of good you can do a step down from that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Beane said they were going to play him outside.   If that’s true,  this pick makes zero sense to me.  

If he’s not meant to be our starter at MLB, with all the other players available, this sucks 

You do know we play 2LBs on most downs?  Is there really an inside or outside anymore?  

He backs up Milano and then Bernard moves “inside” to challenge Dodson.  

This guy is a hustler, a team captain, and a fantastic tackler.  

Who were all these other players?  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

my point was more that established players are often traded for 3rd-5th round picks and they almost always offer better value and make more of an impact than players taken in that range that end up being mediocre and/or flat out misses more often than not.  If the opportunity ever was there, it’s a way to make the team a lot better than a guy like Dorian Williams ever will. 

I agree but what did cards want ? Cap comes in to play .. obviously DHop is a top WR 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.