RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If that is the case, why didn't the Cowboys snap him up rather than reaching directly afterwards?

I think we also have to consider the style of play as well. Mayer is more of a traditional TE, but the Bills already has one of those in Knox. Kincaid is more of a TE/WR hybrid which will suit their offense more.

Mayer is a 3 down capable player. With equal receiving skills. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, UKBillFan said:

He's a different style of TE to Kincaid, and maybe what the Bills do not need at the current time.

That’s fair, I don’t have any issue with that. My concern is WR2 and have said the Kincaid is a brilliant pick IF Beane has a plan at WR2, someone like a Hopkins makes this pick totally logical. 

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yes, I would like IMB to address why Dallas would pass on IMB's clear #1 TE after the Bills foolishly jumped them to take the wrong TE.

Kincaid had 35 in 4 years try again.

I refuse to count SD, I’m only comparing equal footing programs. 
Utah production was the same as Mayer’s ND production. Facts

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I refuse to count SD, I’m only comparing equal footing programs. 
Utah production was the same as Mayer’s ND production. Facts

You can refuse all you want, but you're showing that you're just being argumentative for arguments sake at this point.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s fair, I don’t have any issue with that. My concern is WR2 and have said the Kincaid is a brilliant pick IF Beane has a plan at WR2, someone like a Hopkins makes this pick totally logical. 

I agree, but I'd still have concerns about that if we had drafted Mayer.

• Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Well congratulations to those scouts. I let the stats speak for themselves. 

Lol are we really going to play that game?  Did you really just type that with a straight face?

OK EVERYONE PACK IT UP, WE HAVE DECIDED CONTEXT MEANS NOTHING AND RAW STATS ARE ALL THAT MATTER (ignoring the whole Kincaid averaging more yards per catch thing)

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I said he was Gesicki 

A better mike gesicki on a rookie contract is probably exactly what a team like the bills is looking for who have well documented red zone/short yardage struggles.  I don’t think Mayer was even on the bills/cowboys radar. 

the only possibly way someone could even begin to see Mayer as better is factoring in his blocking which is not very important for the role Kincaid was drafted to fill

Who’s better overall isn’t even really an important question as teams can both draft a TE or wr and use them in vastly different ways 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

His WR2 is Gabe Davis. With Kincaid he will have a greater space as will Diggs. This forces nickel coverage and then gives the running game more room. DHop is not coming here both BB and the Cards spoke to it yesterday in a round about way. Don’t forget Shakir would have been rated 6-7 WR in this draft. 

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Context. I’ve stated from the very beginning it’s a Gronk vs Gesicki situation to where I believe I’d rather have a Gronk style TE. 

Literally everyone would want a gronk tight end but he was one of one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.