TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 9th pick in the 2023 draft, the Chicago Bears select Paris Johnson, Jr. OL  Ohio State.

Look, this was an easy selection even with other areas of concern. Fields was sacked 55 times last season and that needs to be curtailed. With Johnson's help and wiser decisions by Fields should lead to a more efficient, effective offense.

* I apparently was not in the room when others decided to give T. Edmunds that rather unseemly contract. 

@Doc Brownand the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

With the 8th pick in the 2023 draft, the Atlanta Falcons are proud to select Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech University. 

With young skill players on offense already, and the QB’s we’d targeted already selected the Falcons look to solidify the d line with a high ceiling pass rusher. 

@inaugural balls and the Chicago Bears are on the clock. 

This is quite the steal. Personally I believe Houston will take Tyree Wilson at #2. DeMeco Ryans wants his Nick Bosa for his new team. Wilson is as close as you can get to that kind of prospect, just not as refined as Bosa coming out.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is quite the steal. Personally I believe Houston will take Tyree Wilson at #2. DeMeco Ryans wants his Nick Bosa for his new team. Wilson is as close as you can get to that kind of prospect, just not as refined as Bosa coming out.

Yeah I think it’s close. But I think they take Anderson. Ryans is going to want to establish culture etc and Anderson’s value there is through the roof. Wilson is longer and maybe has some more upside, but he is raw and older than Anderson. I am taking Anderson every time and I do think the Texans will take him. The Niners have had rushers of all shapes and sizes have a ton of success in that system. 

With the 10th selection, the Eagles select Jackson Smith-Njigba, Wr, Ohio State

We were in a unique position to add another weapon for Jalen Hurts and picked our favorite WR in this class.  We thought about Bijan Robinson but then were informed he was a running back.  This move gives us some flexibility when AJ Brown or Devonta Smith are looking for huge contracts a few years down the line when the teeth of Hurts's new contract kicks in.  In the short term it makes our offense even more explosive in a passing league. 

The Titans @BarleyNYare on the clock.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 10th selection, the Eagles select Jackson Smith-Njigba, Wr, Ohio State

We were in a unique position to add another weapon for Jalen Hurts and picked our favorite WR in this class.  We thought about Bejan Robinson but then were informed he was a running back.  This move gives us some flexibility when AJ Brown or Devonta Smith are looking for huge contracts a few years down the line when the teeth of Hurts's new contract kicks in.  In the short term it makes our offense even more explosive in a passing league. 

The Titans @BarleyNYare on the clock.

Thanks, but I traded the 11th pick in my trade up to 3 for Stroud. For those interested, the trade was pick #11, pick #72 and the Titans 2024 first round pick for pick #3.

@NeverOutNick is on the clock for the Arizona Cardinals. 

Edited by BarleyNY

Round 1

1 - Panthers (3000) - Virgil - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama 

2 - Texans (2600) - MrEpsYtown - Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama

3 - Cardinals (2200) - NeverOutNick *Traded* Titans - BarelyNY - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St

4 - Colts (1800) - BigdaddyinOrlando - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

5 - Seahawks (1700) - GunnerBill - Jalen Carter, Defensive Tackle, Georgia

6 - Lions (1600) - NewEra - Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

7 - Raiders (1500) - turftoe - Will Levis QB, Kentucky.

8 - Falcons(1400) - TOboy - Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech University.

9 - Bears (1350) - inaugural balls - Paris Johnson, Jr. OL  Ohio State

10 - Eagles (1300) - Doc Brown - Jackson Smith-Njigba, Wr, Ohio State

11 - Titans (1250) - BarelyNY - Neveout Nick. Cardinals -  Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern 

12 - Texans (1200) - MrEpsYtown

13 - Jets (1150) - LEBills

14 - Patriots (1100) - Chaos

15 - Packers (1050) - aristocrat

16 - Commanders (1000) - Kirby Jackson

17 - Steelers (950) - Beast

18 - Lions (900) - NewEra

19 - Bucs (875) - RyanC883

20 - Seahawks (850) - GunnerBill

21 - Chargers (800) - Alphadawg7

22 - Ravens (780) - Alphadawg7

23 - Vikings (760) - Big Blitz

24 - Jaguars (740) - CNYfan - 

25 - Giants (720) - inaugural balls

26 - Cowboys (700) - frostbitmic

27 - Bills (680) - TSW Poll - 

28 - Bengals (660) - HappyDays

29 - Saints (640) - Virgil

30 - Eagles (620) - Doc Brown

31 - Chiefs (600) - Billl

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Round 1

3 - Cardinals (2200) - NeverOutNick *Traded* Titans - BarelyNY - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St

8 - Falcons(1400) - TOboy - Will Levis QB, Kentucky.

11 - Titans (1250) - BarelyNY

12 - Texans (1200) - MrEpsYtown

26 - Cowboys (700) - frostbitmic

27 - Bills (680) - TSW Poll - 

28 - Bengals (660) - HappyDays

29 - Saints (640) - Virgil

30 - Eagles (620) - Doc Brown

31 - Chiefs (600) - Billl

Falcons took tyree wilson 

With the 11th pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern 

Cardinals have one of the worst rosters in the NFL and decide to take one of the premier O lineman to protect Murray for the foreseeable future. Skoronski is versatile and no matter the position he wins, he’ll be the best lineman on this crapfest of a roster day 1

@MrEpsYtown and the Texans are on the clock with pick 12

• Like (+1) 2

Round 1

8 - Falcons(1400) - TOboy - Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech University.

11 - Titans (1250) - BarelyNY - Neverout Nick. Cardinals -  Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern 

12 - Texans (1200) - MrEpsYtown - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Edited by Chaos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I find myself in a tough spot with the Texans, my goal at this point is to add as much talent as possible. Damien Pierce is a good player, but I want to take it to the next level. 

With the 12th pick in TSW mock draft 3.0 the Texans select Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas. 

With the way the board fell he is BPA and the best offensive weapon I could find. Robinson is awesome and with the regime coming from the 49ers, Robinson will crush it in that offense essentially becoming the Christian McCaffrey. Robinson also gives you so much as a receiver that Pierce still has a role here. You may be wondering what we do at QB? After these two first rounders the Texans have 10 more picks, and I am totally willing to trade a couple of those for Trey Lance, who I like better than the QBs in this draft, and who already knows the offense. In a draft with just a few blue chip prospects, the Texans come away with two of them in Anderson and Robinson.  

Bijan is an instant fan favorite and brings credibility and impact to this Texans offense. 

@LEBills and the NY Rodgeres are on the clock

@Virgil

Should it be @LEBills or @aristocrat to reflect today’s trade?

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I find myself in a tough spot with the Texans, my goal at this point is to add as much talent as possible. Damien Pierce is a nice player, but I want to take it to the next level. 

With the 12th pick in TSW mock draft 2.0 the Texans select Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas. 

With the way the board fell he is BPA and the best offensive weapon I could find. Robinson is awesome and with the regime coming from the 49ers, Robinson will crush it in that offense essentially becoming the Christian McCaffrey. Robinson also gives you so much as a receiver that Pierce still has a role here. You may be wondering what we do at QB? After these two first rounders the Texans have 10 more picks, and I am totally willing to trade a couple of those for Trey Lance, who I like better than the QBs in this draft, and who already knows the offense. In a draft with just a few blue chip prospects, the Texans come away with two of them in Anderson and Robinson.  

Bijan is an instant fan favorite and brings credibility and impact to this Texans offense. 

@Virgil

@BADOLBILZ is going to write you an angry, condescending letter. Or rather, he's just going to laugh at you, but I think in this case it's a good pick. Give the Texans' fans something worth watching.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Round 1

2 - Texans (2600) - MrEpsYtown - Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama

6 - Lions (1600) - NewEra - Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

7 - Raiders (1500) - turftoe - Will Levis QB, Kentucky.

8 - Falcons(1400) - TOboy - Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech University.

9 - Bears (1350) - inaugural balls - Paris Johnson, Jr. OL  Ohio State

10 - Eagles (1300) - Doc Brown - Jackson Smith-Njigba, Wr, Ohio State

11 - Titans (1250) - BarelyNY - Neverout Nick. Cardinals -  Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern 

12 - Texans (1200) - MrEpsYtown - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I find myself in a tough spot with the Texans, my goal at this point is to add as much talent as possible. Damien Pierce is a good player, but I want to take it to the next level. 

With the 12th pick in TSW mock draft 3.0 the Texans select Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas. 

@Virgil

Gotta be @aristocrat, right?

31 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

@Virgil

@aristocrat is up now

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

@BADOLBILZ is going to write you an angry, condescending letter. Or rather, he's just going to laugh at you, but I think in this case it's a good pick. Give the Texans' fans something worth watching.

Hey I'm not mad........glad to see a bumbling franchise draft a RB in round 1. :thumbsup:

Maybe Bijan will be the first 1st round RB to have a stellar career for that team that drafted him since Adrian Peterson in 2007.   It's only been 15 years.   That's recent history right? :flirt:

More likely........Texans fans will get to watch him have his ups and downs and then be traded to a contender for pennies on the draft investment dollar in 3-4 years...........like Marshawn Lynch from that same 2007 draft eventually was.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.