GQP - child labor to solve labor shortage

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Never - ever - ever - vote red.

Look at these fn communists.

I use to go to work on farms when i was a kid to make money picking fruit, bailing hay, pitching horse *****, or what ever because i wanted to make money & my parents instilled a strong work ethic in me .

But all these snow flakes & their sensitive lazy ass ways that feel they should be entitled rather than teach their kids to go out & work for what they want see this as some kind of child abuse then we wonder why this country has out sourced so much manufacturing jobs to China .

I don't agree with young people being aloud to serve alcohol or do any kind of labor that can hurt them physically but learning that you need to work to get what you want in life doesn't bother me in the least matter of fact it does much more good than harm unless of course you feel that you are a American dammit & i am entitled to all the free bees the gov't can give me .

Then the country will continue to speed up circling the drain as to go straight down the tubes to the shitter as it has been for quite a while now & there are those that won't even recognize it as such . 

Oh and might i say those 2 that wouldn't answer the questions are as big of a POS as those that lie about their intentions in gov't .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

I use to go to work on farms when i was a kid to make money picking fruit, bailing hay, pitching horse *****, or what ever because i wanted to make money & my parents instilled a strong work ethic in me .

But all these snow flakes & their sensitive lazy ass ways that feel they should be entitled rather than teach their kids to go out & work for what they want see this as some kind of child abuse then we wonder why this country has out sourced so much manufacturing jobs to China .

I don't agree with young people being aloud to serve alcohol or do any kind of labor that can hurt them physically but learning that you need to work to get what you want in life doesn't bother me in the least matter of fact it does much more good than harm unless of course you feel that you are a American dammit & i am entitled to all the free bees the gov't can give me .

Then the country will continue to speed up circling the drain as to go straight down the tubes to the shitter as it has been for quite a while now & there are those that won't even recognize it as such . 

Still remember my first job delivering newspapers in a crap neighborhood.  5AM every morning to deliver.  had to collect from the customer as well. I was a ripe age of 13.  that summer the local youth Barough had farm jobs. they took us on busses to grape Vinyards where we tied up grapes for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then took them all down at the end of the season.  Even had us to clean up of a Racetrack after races and concerts.  but that was the 90's.  In NYS.  different time I guess.

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Oh and might i say those 2 that wouldn't answer the questions are as big of a POS as those that lie about their intentions in gov't .

you defending $4.25 an hour and china?  yikes. 

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Still remember my first job delivering newspapers in a crap neighborhood.  5AM every morning to deliver.  had to collect from the customer as well. I was a ripe age of 13.  that summer the local youth Barough had farm jobs. they took us on busses to grape Vinyards where we tied up grapes for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then took them all down at the end of the season.  Even had us to clean up of a Racetrack after races and concerts.  but that was the 90's.  In NYS.  different time I guess.

OMG you must have been just traumatized as a young person did you have to seek concealing for this type of child abuse as a young person & i would imagine that it has changed your entire adult life to be filled with terrible visions of those that took advantage of you as a young person to advance them selves by using you for child labor .

I'm so sorry but don't worry Billsy will come to your rescue 🙄 

All kidding aside some of my fondest memories growing up was my summer jobs being able to make money independently of my parents & buying what i wanted to but there are those that have only been spoiled rotten little ***** heads growing up that will only ever understand what entitlements are .

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

No not if it is forced not at all but i use to work of my own free will as a young person fro the same amount because i wanted things & realized that the only way i was going to get them was to work for it .

Those that think anything in life today especially is free are terribly mislead because there is nothing in life that is free there will always be a price of some kind .

Besides where did it say anything about this being about China ?? Bait & switch is what it sounds like to me ...

Speaking of which i have to go to work have a nice day !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

These laws aren’t about picking tomatoes and delivering papers. These laws are designed to loosen child labor laws so that you freaks won’t question that six hours in a coal mine is normal for kids.

Talk about fn groomers - forced marriages - forced pregnancies - forced labor - but don’t you dare say gay - jfc these idiots

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

This is f’d up. If they need labor, pay a living wage so adults will take your lousy jobs.

But if you did that, then money would be going to the wrong people. 

We can’t have average Americans making a decent wage, that money needs to go to shareholders and the wealthy.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't agree with young people being aloud to serve alcohol or do any kind of labor that can hurt them physically

I did some farm work and lots of lawn mowing as a kid.  Farm work is one of the most dangerous jobs around.  Agree that kids should be able to do some jobs but at capped hours per week to provide time for education and some fun being a kid.  Especially before age 16.  It's just ironic that the party that supposedly stands for the "working man" supports this.  Not many rich kids are going to be working before age 16....and while we're at it, let's get rid of the agrarian school calendar.  Kids rarely work the fields to help run the family farm anymore.  Let them learn year round so we can compete intellectually with the rest of the world.

Edited by redtail hawk

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I did some farm work and lots of lawn mowing as a kid.  Farm work is one of the most dangerous jobs around.  Agree that kids should be able to do some jobs but at capped hours per week to provide time for education and some fun being a kid.  Especially before age 16.  It's just ironic that the party that supposedly stands for the "working man" supports this.  Not many rich kids are going to be working before age 16....and while we're at it, let's get rid of the agrarian school calendar.  Kids rarely work the fields to help run the family farm anymore.  Let them learn year round so we can compete intellectually with the rest of the world.

Traditionally the Republican party was the party of business and never supported the working person until the recent wave of populism overwhelmed the old guard faction of the party.  The Democratic party was the party of the working person, union workers, civil rights movement.  But since the Tech boom and transformation of the economy with power moving from old industrial business predominantly in the Midwest to tech businesses in Silicon Valley the democrats have become the party of corporations and the tech billionaires.  Both parties cater to big money and neither party represents the interests of the working person today.  Or the Middle Class. At this point the 1% on each opposing end of the political spectrum are dragging the rest of us around by our privates in whichever direction they decide.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Democratic party was the party of the working person, union workers, civil rights movement

I would argue that the Dem party still is.  But also of big biz.  It's a balancing act I believe they pull off better than the R's who are just lying to the working class.  Remember when trump was going to bring all those coal mining jobs back to West Virginia or improve the healthcare system?  Many current R's just won't accept that its is impossible to turn the clock back.  The world is vastly different.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I would argue that the Dem party still is.  But also of big biz.  It's a balancing act I believe they pull off better than the R's who are just lying to the working class.  Remember when trump was going to bring all those coal mining jobs back to West Virginia or improve the healthcare system?  Many current R's just won't accept that its is impossible to turn the clock back.  The world is vastly different.

I can accept that argument but I'd qualify that by pointing out the party has strayed from a goal of creating economic opportunity to a social justice focus on outcomes.  Which I find preposterous and impossible to achieve as no matter how hard you might try different inputs results in different outputs.  For example, you bust your ass and get $1 and somebody else sits on there's and gets $1.  How is that "fair" and how can a society exist and thrive under those terms and conditions?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you serious? 

Usually I am serious but you need to give me a little more here on specifically what you're objecting to.  Are you disputing the claim the traditional Democratic party supported policies for economic opportunity and upward mobility for the middle and working classes?

Frankly, I was engaging in a polite and civil conversation and you intervened then went all confrontational.  You should get some counseling for anger issues.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

This thread 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Imagine thinking a 14 year old isn’t competent enough to work on a farm………..but a 11 year old boy is mature enough to decide he is a girl.  

This culture gone completely to ***t.  

Nice work Bill.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Hell, I was getting $1.65/hr when I started working. Of course, that was 1975.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2

The O.P.. . . . . . . . . . duped as always.

Let’s Blame Everyone Else For Increase in Migrant Child Labor.

I’m more worried about kids being used as drug mules or trafficked.

head-in-sand.jpg

Per reports, including two reports in the New York Times, one in February and one this week, there’s been a massive increase in forced child labor of migrant children since 2021.

It’s not as if DHS, HHS, nor the Department of Labor haven’t been informed about this. They have. Repeatedly. 

Ms. Brandmiller’s job was to help vet sponsors, and she had been trained to look for possible trafficking. In her first week, two cases jumped out: One man told her he was sponsoring three boys to employ them at his construction company. Another, who lived in Florida, was trying to sponsor two children who would have to work off the cost of bringing them north.

She immediately contacted supervisors working with the Department of Health and Human Services, the federal agency responsible for these children. “This is urgent,” she wrote in an email reviewed by The New York Times.

But within days, she noticed that one of the children was set to be released to the man in Florida. She wrote another email, this time asking for a supervisor’s “immediate attention” and adding that the government had already sent a 14-year-old boy to the same sponsor.

What was the response of the HHS? They revoked her building access and essentially fired her. Yep. Rather than address the very real issue, they swept it under the rug. That’s not the only instance either. 

Instead, what did the agencies do? Blame everyone ELSE, and accept zero responsibility for their roles in this mess.

H.H.S. officials said the department vetted sponsors sufficiently but could not control what happened to children after they were released. Monitoring workplaces, they said, was the job of the Department of Labor.

Officials at the Labor Department said inspectors had increased their focus on child labor and shared details about workers with H.H.S., but said it was not a welfare agency.

And White House officials said that while the two departments had passed along information about migrant child labor, the reports were not flagged as urgent and did not make clear the scope of the problem. Robyn M. Patterson, a White House spokeswoman, said in a statement that the administration was now increasing scrutiny of employers and reviewing its vetting of sponsors.

Children are being forced into labor to pay off their debts, which in some cases includes the cost of living with their sponsor! Which is egregious enough, but children are being put in danger and the Biden Administration has been ignoring this issue for nearly three years now. 

Over 300 THOUSAND children here in the U.S. with many fending for themselves, working to pay “debt” they shouldn’t have to and the only thing the Biden Administration can do is sputter “it’s not OUR fault!” and attempt to blame Donald Trump. 

Which they shouldn’t be doing considering it is policies that Mayorkas with Biden’s approval put into place that are endangering these children. Policies such as, don’t do mass workplace arrests, so we don’t scare the illegal immigrants away! 

That’s a policy developed in the fall of 2021 by the BIDEN Administration. Can’t blame Trump for that now can you? 

Then again, border security is not and never will be a priority for the Biden Administration. Illegal border crossings and the fentynal issue are of major concern, and all that Mayorkas will do is claim it is a “seasonal” thing. 

https://victorygirlsblog.com/lets-blame-everyone-else-for-increase-in-migrant-child-labor/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

OMG you must have been just traumatized as a young person did you have to seek concealing for this type of child abuse as a young person & i would imagine that it has changed your entire adult life to be filled with terrible visions of those that took advantage of you as a young person to advance them selves by using you for child labor .

I'm so sorry but don't worry Billsy will come to your rescue 🙄 

All kidding aside some of my fondest memories growing up was my summer jobs being able to make money independently of my parents & buying what i wanted to but there are those that have only been spoiled rotten little ***** heads growing up that will only ever understand what entitlements are .

No not if it is forced not at all but i use to work of my own free will as a young person fro the same amount because i wanted things & realized that the only way i was going to get them was to work for it .

Those that think anything in life today especially is free are terribly mislead because there is nothing in life that is free there will always be a price of some kind .

Besides where did it say anything about this being about China ?? Bait & switch is what it sounds like to me ...

Speaking of which i have to go to work have a nice day !! 

I learned a lot from that job and the countless others done prior to being 18.  Between work and sports, it kept me off the streets that took lots of the people in my area.  

its crazy people block kids from learning how to work, overcome obstacles. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

But if you did that, then money would be going to the wrong people. 

We can’t have average Americans making a decent wage, that money needs to go to shareholders and the wealthy.

Ironic thing is those shareholders, are the workers 401K and pensions in most public corps.  

its all effed up.

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Usually I am serious but you need to give me a little more here on specifically what you're objecting to.  Are you disputing the claim the traditional Democratic party supported policies for economic opportunity and upward mobility for the middle and working classes?

Frankly, I was engaging in a polite and civil conversation and you intervened then went all confrontational.  You should get some counseling for anger issues.

Back up your OPINION on the real job creators - stats show that DEMOCRAT administrations are the REAL job creators.

And while you're at it - tell us more about McCarthy's plan to destroy the economy and take away INCENTIVES that Biden has created to grow the economy and create jobs in his latest plan to raise debt limit

And I know - right wing media told you to hate ESG. When did ESG investing begin?

I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Back up your OPINION on the real job creators - stats show that DEMOCRAT administrations are the REAL job creators.

And while you're at it - tell us more about McCarthy's plan to destroy the economy and take away INCENTIVES that Biden has created to grow the economy and create jobs in his latest plan to raise debt limit

And I know - right wing media told you to hate ESG. When did ESG investing begin?

I'll wait.

Is that was the massive federal spending bills are?  jobs bills?

What incentives has Biden created that are helping to grow the economy.

When BlackRock/Fink/vanguard started promoting them and making it part of the requirement for investment.

“Most job growth occurs under Democrat presidents.”

Americans:

*constantly moving from blue high tax high crime countless regulations states to red low tax less crime more freedom states.*

We have 50 individual labs to show how ridiculous that claim about jobs is - all claims by libs are.  

If we subtract government funded or created jobs thru every public works project or contract - how many jobs are actually created under Democrat presidents?

Never forget peak America as far as growth, wealth, and opportunity occurred 1880s - 1890s.  

Then Democrats figured we can create a National Bank that would “prevent” recessions.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I can accept that argument but I'd qualify that by pointing out the party has strayed from a goal of creating economic opportunity to a social justice focus on outcomes.  Which I find preposterous and impossible to achieve as no matter how hard you might try different inputs results in different outputs.  For example, you bust your ass and get $1 and somebody else sits on there's and gets $1.  How is that "fair" and how can a society exist and thrive under those terms and conditions?

I think it can be made more fair. There are a large number of D’s that want higher taxes for the Uber wealthy, me included. Balance can be struck between vast wealth inequality and actual socialism.   I also feel D’s at the current time are promoting freedoms more than R’s especially re sexuality and reproductive rights. Plenty of improvements D’s can make in our platforms however. 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

What incentives has Biden created that are helping to grow the economy.

INVEST in America Act - you know, Infrastructure.  

The CHIPS and Science Act - semiconductor 

Clean Manufacturing/Clean Electricity tax credits

Inflation Reduction Act Tax Credits

Justice40

FOA

• Haha (+1) 1

This is obscene, we don’t want our teens working when they can be out looting Walmarts rioting and shooting eachother… WORK? Do something productive WTF?

so un-progressive….

Despite the obvious idiotic hand wringing and clutched pearls …. “how dare they” maybe it’s trying to offer young teens an alternative to working for gangs who are leaning more heavily on minors because of the relaxation of juvenile penalties.

😂 🐑 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is obscene, we don’t want our teens working when they can be out looting Walmarts rioting and shooting eachother… WORK? Do something productive WTF?

so un-progressive….

Despite the obvious idiotic hand wringing and clutched pearls …. “how dare they” maybe it’s trying to offer young teens an alternative to working for gangs who are leaning more heavily on minors because of the relaxation of juvenile penalties.

😂 🐑 

Hell yea let’s stick kids in factories for 14 hours a day, then they’ll be too tired to shoot each other. Hell of an idea. Guilded Age II

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Hell yea let’s stick kids in factories for 14 hours a day, then they’ll be too tired to shoot each other. Hell of an idea. Guilded Age II

Got a point.  It's certainly not money that drives poor kids to profitable criminal wok vs a job. 

Ain't no one talking about kids working full time in factories.  That's just silly 

• Thank you (+1) 1

More:

Democrats Fear GOP Proposal Forcing SNAP Recipients to Work Will Cut Number of Those Dependent on Government

By Becky Noble

Just when Democrats seem to be growing the number of dependents on the government in a way they like, between COVID handouts and millions of migrants streaming across the southern border, they have hit a bump in the road in the form of a House Republican proposal that would require some recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP (commonly referred to as food stamps) to seek some form of employment.

As usual, Democrats panicked when a work requirement was even suggested, and responded with their standard mantra of “women and minorities hardest hit!” Leading the “the sky is falling” charge this time around was squad member Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), who proclaimed on Monday, “Cutting SNAP will lead to homelessness, incarceration and death for 38 million Americans.”

Republicans are now looking to cut costs, but that has not been easy. During the pandemic, the work requirement to receive food stamps was halted, but it is now scheduled to resume sometime this summer. In 2021, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack gave his own version of women and minorities hardest hit and justified waving the requirement during COVID saying, “Groups with typically higher unemployment, including rural Americans, Black, Indigenous, Hispanic and People of Color and those with less than a high-school education would have been disproportionally harmed by this cruel policy.” The debate was part of a hearing on Wednesday chaired by returning Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA), where most Senators and witnesses testifying were against the revival of the policy.

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2023/04/20/democrats-fear-gop-proposal-forcing-snap-recipients-to-work-will-cut-number-of-those-dependent-on-government-n733898

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

And the young generation always believes they know more than the one before.  It's interesting how many younger folks try to blame older generations for their problems. 

But then again.  That's probably a point in the new victimhood society. 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

ah yes… as the brilliant liberal mind works, I’m sure this evidence it’s been noted by individuals for 2500 years is proof that it’s not true 😂 

On 4/20/2023 at 8:17 AM, redtail hawk said:

That is a great thing to compete intellectually but America use to be able compete in manufacturing too & we are now almost totally dependent on China among others for the goods we consume not to mention skilled trades are all but gone in the US .

So if the young people of today are hitting the books all of the time that leaves very little time to learn other life type skills & from anything i have experienced there are many book smart people that with little hands on experience don't do well in the real world . Then there are the "Very Intelligent" such as politicians that have what seems to be no common sense at all IMHO !! 

I would love to see what use to be on many products that we consume here in the US a sign that says MADE IN AMERICA which i look for every time i buy goods & you just don't see it & with out something other than book skills that will never come back to the US . And todays work ethic is in the toilet when it comes to most young Americans .

On 4/20/2023 at 8:01 AM, BillStime said:

These laws aren’t about picking tomatoes and delivering papers. These laws are designed to loosen child labor laws so that you freaks won’t question that six hours in a coal mine is normal for kids.

Talk about fn groomers - forced marriages - forced pregnancies - forced labor - but don’t you dare say gay - jfc these idiots

You are such a idiot like anyone with any common sense (which excludes you) would allow a child to work in a cole mine you know why because the likes of your DA has had them all shut down & put those people out of work instead of finding the technology to clean up the exhaust from the burning of it .

Don't get me wrong there are those ass holes out there that would try to do this but i would hope that parents & others would not allow this to happen .

Although in some cases as it use to be some young people did it because of their situation & they had to do menial labor to help the family survive in certain instances but now the gov't just gives them everything they need & teaches them there is no need to actually work for a living or be responsible by paying for the things you say you will like college tuitions .

Besides you don't have to worry about children working in these factories anyway because the libs are teaching them that in order to be a American it is better to receive entitlements by getting your college, health care, & what ever else they can think of paid for by the gov't .

If you add that up with the lax laws that this administration has for the southern border & the some 4+ million per year since taking office of illegal crossings from Mexico your guy has got this covered & you can turn this into a positive as only you can by saying this is the exact reason why Joe is so lenient on border security to keep our children safe from having to do child labor .

See there i'm helping you out Billsy now run with it ...

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

More:

Democrats Fear GOP Proposal Forcing SNAP Recipients to Work Will Cut Number of Those Dependent on Government

By Becky Noble

Just when Democrats seem to be growing the number of dependents on the government in a way they like, between COVID handouts and millions of migrants streaming across the southern border, they have hit a bump in the road in the form of a House Republican proposal that would require some recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP (commonly referred to as food stamps) to seek some form of employment.

As usual, Democrats panicked when a work requirement was even suggested, and responded with their standard mantra of “women and minorities hardest hit!” Leading the “the sky is falling” charge this time around was squad member Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), who proclaimed on Monday, “Cutting SNAP will lead to homelessness, incarceration and death for 38 million Americans.”

Republicans are now looking to cut costs, but that has not been easy. During the pandemic, the work requirement to receive food stamps was halted, but it is now scheduled to resume sometime this summer. In 2021, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack gave his own version of women and minorities hardest hit and justified waving the requirement during COVID saying, “Groups with typically higher unemployment, including rural Americans, Black, Indigenous, Hispanic and People of Color and those with less than a high-school education would have been disproportionally harmed by this cruel policy.” The debate was part of a hearing on Wednesday chaired by returning Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA), where most Senators and witnesses testifying were against the revival of the policy.

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2023/04/20/democrats-fear-gop-proposal-forcing-snap-recipients-to-work-will-cut-number-of-those-dependent-on-government-n733898

I experienced this exact thing YEARS ago . My ex wife at the time was working a full time job but it wasn't enough to make her bills & instead of taking in a second job because she wanted the time with our daughter she decided to go ask for "ASSISTANCE" to make her bills because even with my child support she couldn't make them .

She was told that she made to much money to get the help she needed but then was told in the same sentence that if she quit her job or took a different job to where she made much less money that they would be able to help her with rent, food stamps, health care, electric bills & that right there is what is wrong with us today .

Rather than keeping someone in a job which they will be paying taxes into the system & being a productive piece of society & given "Assistance" to those that are willing to work they would rather have those that are "Dependent" on the gov't & there are those here such as Billsy & Tibs that believe that this is the American way .

Just plain asinine !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:39 AM, redtail hawk said:

The Democrats are still excellent on civil rights issues, but they have largely abandoned unions and the working class since the early tenure of President Bill Clinton. Maybe Bill looked at three straight decisive presidential GOP victories preceding him (1980 + 1984 + 1988), along with the GOP takeover of Congress in 1994, and simply decided that he needed corporate billionaire campaign money to survive. Or more likely, he was always motivated by power and not political economic philosophies. Either way, Obama and Biden have largely continued what Clinton started economically, even if they’re less transparent about their motives than the Republicans.

It is both sad and amusing, though, to witness how differently the VOTERS at each side of the political spectrum view economics. Taking this example of child labor laws: right-wingers see it as a moral lesson on the virtues of the quintessential Protestant work ethic. “Here’s a golden opportunity to help those lazy kids not turn out like those super lazy Millennials!” exclaim liver-spotted Boomery right-wingers like Chris Farley*. Meanwhile, left-wingers CORRECTLY view these laws as obvious political scheming from businesses to suppress already pathetic labor wages via control of the labor supply. A quick perusal of the details in these laws shows that the intentions go well beyond innocent summertime jobs for a little extra fun cash.

Another notable example: left-wingers CORRECTLY see our prolonged inflation as a legacy consequence of corporations running historically unprecedented profit margins well beyond the period of supply shock inflation. This is aptly called “greedflation,” and its best solution would be political pressure in the form of threats of windfall profit taxes or price controls. Right-wingers, meanwhile, dust off their Murray Rothbard books to desperately cite the problem of too much government spending put into the economy (even though we were trying to exit a f#*@%$g giant deflationary cycle during the early COVID era…ugh). And so how exactly do these valiant right-wing crusaders advise us to fight the corporate oligarchy?? “Um…let’s try cutting Social Security and Medicare,” nobly suggest doddering overripe right-wing economic “populists” like Chris Farley**. I guess it comes down to those who understand data-driven macroeconomics and those who intransigently choose to be Austrian school poopfaces.

* - can’t wait for Chris Farley’s trademark eyeroll emoji reaction to my every post. I love it! It excites me…

** - actually, I’m not 100% familiar with the details of Chris Farley’s politics. All I know is that he is not nearly as jovial and uplifting as his late 20th century comedian namesake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

The Democrats are still excellent on civil rights issues, but they have largely abandoned unions and the working class since the early tenure of President Bill Clinton. Maybe Bill looked at three straight decisive presidential GOP victories preceding him (1980 + 1984 + 1988), along with the GOP takeover of Congress in 1994, and simply decided that he needed corporate billionaire campaign money to survive. Or more likely, he was always motivated by power and not political economic philosophies. Either way, Obama and Biden have largely continued what Clinton started economically, even if they’re less transparent about their motives than the Republicans.

It is both sad and amusing, though, to witness how differently the VOTERS at each side of the political spectrum view economics. Taking this example of child labor laws: right-wingers see it as a moral lesson on the virtues of the quintessential Protestant work ethic. “Here’s a golden opportunity to help those lazy kids not turn out like those super lazy Millennials!” exclaim liver-spotted Boomery right-wingers like Chris Farley*. Meanwhile, left-wingers CORRECTLY view these laws as obvious political scheming from businesses to suppress already pathetic labor wages via control of the labor supply. A quick perusal of the details in these laws shows that the intentions go well beyond innocent summertime jobs for a little extra fun cash.

Another notable example: left-wingers CORRECTLY see our prolonged inflation as a legacy consequence of corporations running historically unprecedented profit margins well beyond the period of supply shock inflation. This is aptly called “greedflation,” and its best solution would be political pressure in the form of threats of windfall profit taxes or price controls. Right-wingers, meanwhile, dust off their Murray Rothbard books to desperately cite the problem of too much government spending put into the economy (even though we were trying to exit a f#*@%$g giant deflationary cycle during the early COVID era…ugh). And so how exactly do these valiant right-wing crusaders advise us to fight the corporate oligarchy?? “Um…let’s try cutting Social Security and Medicare,” nobly suggest doddering overripe right-wing economic “populists” like Chris Farley**. I guess it comes down to those who understand data-driven macroeconomics and those who intransigently choose to be Austrian school poopfaces.

* - can’t wait for Chris Farley’s trademark eyeroll emoji reaction to my every post. I love it! It excites me…

** - actually, I’m not 100% familiar with the details of Chris Farley’s politics. All I know is that he is not nearly as jovial and uplifting as his late 20th century comedian namesake.

If we were to ask chatgpt to write a whimsical political response on this topic from a 43 year old single childless superliberal shut in petowner of 12 cats living upstairs in their grandparents house, this is it. 

im not being mean, just attempting to add context. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Hmmmm…digesting like a great bourbon and similarly stimulating. Clinton tried to get national healthcare but failed. That defeat wasn’t for vain glory. He wanted things better imo. Don’t know much about his union politics but in his time the UMWA and other large unions were in his corner as I remember. He is a narcissistic as are they all but I think he valued his legacy. He was far from perfect. 

I think your argument can be distilled down to the failure of a bicycle economy. We need average folks to be able to afford and buy cars (and lots of other stuff).  The growing wealth divide is rapidly threatening that. So we must find a balance that incentivizes investment of personal resources in time, talent and money while simultaneously economically raising the prospects for Everyman. Threading the needle for sure but possible especially since the game is so heavily weighted towards the  “elites” as the Right likes to call them. Rich get richer will always be true but the pendulum has swung too far. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Hmmmm…digesting like a great bourbon and similarly stimulating. Clinton tried to get national healthcare but failed. That defeat wasn’t for vain glory. He wanted things better imo. Don’t know much about his union politics but in his time the UMWA and other large unions were in his corner as I remember. He is a narcissistic as are they all but I think he valued his legacy. He was far from perfect. 

I think your argument can be distilled down to the failure of a bicycle economy. We need average folks to be able to afford and buy cars (and lots of other stuff).  The growing wealth divide is rapidly threatening that. So we must find a balance that incentivizes investment of personal resources in time, talent and money while simultaneously economically raising the prospects for Everyman. Threading the needle for sure but possible especially since the game is so heavily weighted towards the  “elites” as the Right likes to call them. Rich get richer will always be true but the pendulum has swung too far. 

Omfg

its a block of processed word salad. But you are missing the simple fact. 

YOUR party represents the rich elites. Only a bit of old oil money goes the other way. Dems are the party of the wealthy elite 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1