Ade Adebawore is a beast!

NastyNateSoldiers

I want Beane to grab the two best O-linemen on the board with picks 1 and 2.  Give Allen 3+ seconds in a clean pocket and he will dominate with the WRs, TEs, and RBs we have now just like Mahomes did last year with a less than elite receiving corps. 

Allen is the key, protect him, give him a pocket, give him the time to get through his reads and the offense will be deadly.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Epenesa

basham

both stink.

It shows me all you know about football to draft a kid out of northwestern to a position we’ve sunk premium assets into since 2019.

It also shows me you really don’t know much about football when you can’t even recognize we have the most talented qb in the league with Spencer freakin brown protecting him throwing to a mediocre weapons outside of stef Diggs who’s getting double teamed.

wake the heck up

I agree, Epenesa and Basham do stink but they are not undersized.  Epenesa measured 6'5" 275at combine, Basham measured 6'3" 274 at his pro day. That is not undersized for a 4-3 defensive end.  Also it is not on them that the mediocre Bills defensive staff had them drop 15 to 20 pounds. 

Most here think I’m crazy with my projection but if Ade gets to the right team and they develop him properly he will be a beast . That burst and first step is undeniable he also has real power . Yes it’s gonna take some time for him to refine his pass rushing prowess but once he gets it there’s no looking back.

All the people here comparing him to what we have already have no clue. If u watch his footage he covers ground quickly and uses his burst and speed to track down running backs on outside runs . I think he’s a great fit for the 4-3 unlike others here that just have him as a 5tech in a 3-4 . I believe if a team starts him at 4-3 End and kick him inside on pass rushing downs he can be an absolute force.  In the senior bowl he was a man amongst boys bullying olineman pushing them back 5/6 yds with ease . Like Gunner said he’s dangerous on stunts and twists . Ade was on a horrible team at Northwestern they really never had chances to tee off on pass rushing plays because they were always behind . 

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I would have posted earlier but I've been lying on the floor in the fetal position.  Something about hearing of a first rounder with a "quick first step" puts me in convulsions.

I hated the Arron Maybin pick to but Ade is different he ain’t just fast he’s a freak with strength agility burst long arms he has everything u want in a player at his position the only thing is he’s short at 6,2 but with that wingspan it will make him harder to block because he’ll have the leverage coming from a low center of gravity think Aaron Donald. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Spencer Brown was a total turnstile in pass protection at times last season. 

Even McDermott acknowledged that at times, Allen was affected too early in the play.  That's why the Bills were 7th in passing YPG and 6th in passing NY/A.

We averaged 27.8 PPG because Josh Allen is a beast and fell short of 50 rush YPG by the same amount the Bills fell short of 30 PPG (47.6), as well as escaping the pass rush and extending plays.

When we faced teams with fierce defenses, we struggled.

So far, we have altered the OL by signing a backup G from the Cowboys, a G who lost most of last season to concussions, and a G who spent last season on IR.  Any or all of them may be an improvement on last year's G acquisition, Rodger Saffold.  Or, they may not.  Time will tell.

The O players you mention are 1) a fast smurf whose best season to date was 36 catches for 570 yds, who missed last season with a boo-boo foot 2) a career journeyman/STer entering his 6th year on his 4th team who had a decent gig as a #3 WR in Miami last season.  We hope he'll take a step, but we hoped that for McKenzie going into his 6th season last year as well; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't 3) an RB whose best season (2021) is similar to Singletary's 2021 and 2022 seasons in YSc and YPC (4.6)

Don't get me wrong, I hope these are good moves - they have the potential to have a higher ceiling than what we gave up, but they're not the sure bets that "HELL of a lot better/faster" implies.

Signed,

Alert and Awake

So your telling me a 5,8 Wr that weighs 170lbs can help us? Because that’s Flowers size? He realize he will get redirected in his routes on the NFL level at nausea and don’t think about him being a consistent outside Wr vs man press coverage he’ll get his lunch handed to him.

I agree with need Oline help but all indications from Beane is that he wants to give Spencer a chance. If u really think about it Spencer has not even had 1 good off-season yet as a pro . The first yr he was getting ready for drsft and last season he was hurt maybe now that he’s healthy he can finally develop into the player Beane projected him to be when he was drafted. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I want Beane to grab the two best O-linemen on the board with picks 1 and 2.  Give Allen 3+ seconds in a clean pocket and he will dominate with the WRs, TEs, and RBs we have now just like Mahomes did last year with a less than elite receiving corps. 

Allen is the key, protect him, give him a pocket, give him the time to get through his reads and the offense will be deadly.

While I don't disagree the line needs improvement in several areas, I don't think we need to take 2 OL right from the start.  This is a pretty light draft in most areas except for OL.  There will be quality OL available even after the second round.

If you go back and watch a lot of the sacks Josh took or plays where he was flushed from the pocket to the left or the right or pulled in down and ran, he was actually holding the ball too long quite often.  Why? Either he's not locating the open receiver going through his progression, or nobody is actually open.  We need a playmaker and a guy besides Diggs that can get open.

His versatility is what makes him appealing, with his long arms and quickness he can play anywhere along the front. I would especially like what he offers on passing downs inside. That I believe is where the bills should look to improve the pass rush, pressure in the QBs face is where it's at. Adding Kancey would be even better.

Edited by ScorpionZero

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't think you want him as a full time 4-3 defensive end.  The question is, can some of his deficiencies be coached up and could he possibly serve as moveable chess piece and play some at DE and some at 3 tech.  His athleticism is undeniable.

Exactly he needs to be moved around no doubt about it. I think by yr 3 he would be a force in this league. 

If there’s a good tackle on the board like Darnell Wright u take him but if not these Wrs are not worth a first this yr . In a draft like this take the players with the most upside and there’s few that have the upside that AdeTommy Adebawore has! 

• Disagree 1

On 4/20/2023 at 8:43 AM, John from Riverside said:

I honestly would rather just see what Kingsley Jonathan has

I believe his name is Jonathan Kingsley.

On 4/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, Billz4ever said:

If I had a gun to my head and was told I had to take a DT in the first, the only guy I would consider that would realistically be available to us is Brian Breese.

If forced to take a DT I think I'd go for that big guy from Michigan.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, Airseven said:

I’d take him for the name alone.

Ade Adebawore just started marketing his NIL icon:

image.thumb.png.a092e8cd80c6bcf14f2890351c48d8e3.png

On 4/20/2023 at 7:00 PM, Billz4ever said:

No way, Jose.

If I had a gun to my head and was told I had to take a DT in the first, the only guy I would consider that would realistically be available to us is Brian Breese.

We need big bodies in the middle who aren't going to get pushed around.

If you had gun to my head you'd draft anybody :)

On 4/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, Beck Water said:

Spencer Brown was a total turnstile in pass protection at times last season. 

Even McDermott acknowledged that at times, Allen was affected too early in the play.  That's why the Bills were 7th in passing YPG and 6th in passing NY/A.

We averaged 27.8 PPG because Josh Allen is a beast and fell short of 50 rush YPG by the same amount the Bills fell short of 30 PPG (47.6), as well as escaping the pass rush and extending plays.

When we faced teams with fierce defenses, we struggled.

So far, we have altered the OL by signing a backup G from the Cowboys, a G who lost most of last season to concussions, and a G who spent last season on IR.  Any or all of them may be an improvement on last year's G acquisition, Rodger Saffold.  Or, they may not.  Time will tell.

The O players you mention are 1) a fast smurf whose best season to date was 36 catches for 570 yds, who missed last season with a boo-boo foot 2) a career journeyman/STer entering his 6th year on his 4th team who had a decent gig as a #3 WR in Miami last season.  We hope he'll take a step, but we hoped that for McKenzie going into his 6th season last year as well; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't 3) an RB whose best season (2021) is similar to Singletary's 2021 and 2022 seasons in YSc and YPC (4.6)

Don't get me wrong, I hope these are good moves - they have the potential to have a higher ceiling than what we gave up, but they're not the sure bets that "HELL of a lot better/faster" implies.

Signed,

Alert and Awake

Please - enlighten us all. What is a sure bet?!?

And a "fast smurf".... I'll take that all day.

When we faced Fierce defenses we struggled??? LOL. OK, who had a fierce D?? Miami? Jets?? Who????

We went 13-3.

Signed: GET WRECKED!!!

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Please - enlighten us all. What is a sure bet?!?

And a "fast smurf".... I'll take that all day.

When we faced Fierce defenses we struggled??? LOL. OK, who had a fierce D?? Miami? Jets?? Who????

We went 13-3.

Signed: GET WRECKED!!!

No, thank you.  The respectful sign-off is an inducement to spend effort in discussion with you - NOT. 

PS in case you weren't able to pay attention to the entire game, we scored 19 and lost our first game to Miami by 2 points, then won the next 2 games by 3 points each.  We scored 17 and lost our first game with the Jets by 3 points, then scored 20 in the 2nd game and won. 

I call that "struggling", you can call it whatever you like.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No, thank you.  The respectful sign-off is an inducement to spend effort in discussion with you - NOT. 

PS in case you weren't able to pay attention to the entire game, we scored 19 and lost our first game to Miami by 2 points, then won the next 2 games by 3 points each.  We scored 17 and lost our first game with the Jets by 3 points, then scored 20 in the 2nd game and won. 

I call that "struggling", you can call it whatever you like.

OK, I will call it what it is. It's called NFL parody. Or, you could look at it this way. We aren't the world beater team you think we are. 13-3 is pretty damn good for a team that was banged up. Beating teams by 3 points is still a W. I understand what you are trying to say, and I get it, but teams are getting better around the league and especially in the AFC East.

I sure hope we can win the division this year. I think with the additions of the new receivers and Harris along with some blue collar guards we should be fine. But get ready for some struggles.... it's comin.

Every year there are some super hot draft takes.........sometimes they just bang the table for the low producing WR from Illinois who had a 48" vertical at his pro day.    

But sometimes the author creates an entire thread about it.   Then you have a classic.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2023 at 7:03 PM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I would love for the Bills to take Adebawore with our first Pk or maybe even move back some and get him in 2nd rd. This kid has absolute stud written all over him his first step is 2nd to none in this draft and maybe even in the NFL as a whole. I know it’s not likely that the Bills draft him but I truly believe when all is said in done in 2/3 yrs he will be the best player from this draft and one of the best players in the NFL. Call me crazy but truly believe it.  

That first step with that burst and strength he plays with is Donald esque and if some team takes him and uses him like the Rams use Donald by moving him around at DE and 3tech there going to be very happy with him. I heard he’s been studying Donald this off-season and has learned that swim move / chop that Donald is famous for and if he masters that move he will be a monster to deal with . Obviously he will have to master a couple other counters and how to use his hands better which btw his hands are like rocks and he’s got good technique using them.  I’m hoping McD falls in love with this kid and we take him I don’t care if it’s at #27 because I have a feeling Philly at #30 or KC at #31 are licking there chops to get there hands on him. 

This gets better with time!  Like a fine wine

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Someone is gonna get an absolute steal. Btw I love our draft. 

I agree. 

I hate the Williams pick.  Like really hate it the more I watch.  I don’t think this dude will ever be a Mike.  We drafted Milanos backup in round 3……. 2 years in a row.  💯 baffling.  

while we trot out Spencer brown to protect Josh Allen. 

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree. 

I hate the Williams pick.  Like really hate it the more I watch.  I don’t think this dude will ever be a Mike.  We drafted Milanos backup in round 2……. 2 years in a row.  💯 baffling.  

while we trot out Spencer brown to protect Josh Allen. 

I’m surprised Dawand Jones still available. Bates can play RT if Brown doesn’t develop this yr and we can start O’Cyrus at RG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.