NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

9 hours ago, Prospector said:

I probably am… but I guess so are the experts on NHL network, Wayne Gretzky, Sirius XM who all said the same thing. This board is the only accumulation of hockey knowledge in the world that is reliable , and the actual experts who played the game at its highest level and/or are paid a ton for their hockey insights are clueless… just like me. Eichel has definitely been bad on defense, because this board said he was bad for years

You just compared yourself to Wayne Gretzky.  I have no more words for you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

You just compared yourself to Wayne Gretzky.  I have no more words for you. 

I said that he said the same thing about Eichel… but you take it however you want. I wouldn’t have any other words either if I couldn’t understand. No worries though

10 hours ago, Prospector said:

This is a local article, but it backs up a bit of what I mentioned about Eichel and his contribution this post season. 

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2023/jun/05/vgk-jack-eichels-playoff-legend-grows-with-golden/

Hes been called out by the Vegas media for doing the exact things I am talking about.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-lazy-play/

I watched plenty of this type of play in Buffalo.  One good month in his own zone does not make a Selke winner.

"Jack Eichel takes a big hit but still somehow manages to tally a secondary assist on a 3rd period goal to make the game 5-1!" Well F@#$ me sideways! Talk about playoff heroics.  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hes been called out by the Vegas media for doing the exact things I am talking about.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-lazy-play/

I watched plenty of this type of play in Buffalo.  One good month in his own zone does not make a Selke winner.

"Jack Eichel takes a big hit but still somehow manages to tally a secondary assist on a 3rd period goal to make the game 5-1!" Well F@#$ me sideways! Talk about playoff heroics.  

I am pretty sure we are talking about the Playoffs in 2023… and not Oct. of 2022(your article). He has been playing FANTASTIC defense during this post season so far. Which has been my point. How soon after his surgery was that article written? Has his effort and play improved as he continues to recover? I would say definitely yes. 

I did see something on NHL Network that Jack Eichel is 3rd for most points in first playoffs appearance with 22 so far. That’s pretty good, and kinda debunks the disappearing act most here are saying. Even after he got crushed, he came back, stole a puck and got an assist. 

and I just want to assure those who might not understand what I just said, I am not comparing myself to NHL network. 

Edited by Prospector

We finally have a game again tonight.  If Florida is going to win one, it will be tonight.  But they may very well lose, too.

Not sure how to read the game.  I think Vegas is way too strong for them.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

We finally have a game again tonight.  If Florida is going to win one, it will be tonight.  But they may very well lose, too.

Not sure how to read the game.  I think Vegas is way too strong for them.

I really don't care who wins the series as I am an Isles fan, but I hope Florida wins tonight just so we have a series. They lose and go down 3-0 that will be tough to come back from. I know they came back from 3-1 down to Boston but Vegas has simply outplayed them so far in the series. It would be tough to win 4 straight.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

I really don't care who wins the series as I am an Isles fan, but I hope Florida wins tonight just so we have a series. They lose and go down 3-0 that will be tough to come back from. I know they came back from 3-1 down to Boston but Vegas has simply outplayed them so far in the series. It would be tough to win 4 straight.

Yeah I've been disappointed so far, regardless of having to see Vegas hoist the Cup I was really looking forward to a competitive series 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

The series feels like a Vegas win, with the only question being will Florida sneak in a win.

I hope I'm wrong! I'd like to see a better series too.

There should be some good energy in the building tonight.

Panthers win 3-2

I never believed this series was going to be a shutout for Las Vegas.  That means we get more than just 4  NHL playoffs  hockey games this final round

Im happy about that. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

Panthers win 3-2

I never believed this series was going to be a shutout for Las Vegas.  That means we get more than just 4  NHL playoffs  hockey games this final round

Im happy about that. 

I agree! this is going to be a fun series, it doesn't matter who wins... I want the Knights with all my heart, just like I do for the Bills... but being a Bills fan for (holy crap, how old am I?!) almost 40 years, I am just happy to see a strong playoff push! I loved this journey, despite all the hate here, and think this is awesome. Even though I am a few years new to the sport, I love this stuff!

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

I agree! this is going to be a fun series, it doesn't matter who wins... I want the Knights with all my heart, just like I do for the Bills... but being a Bills fan for (holy crap, how old am I?!) almost 40 years, I am just happy to see a strong playoff push! I loved this journey, despite all the hate here, and think this is awesome. Even though I am a few years new to the sport, I love this stuff!

I don’t think people hate you man

buffalo sports fans are already pretty jaded after 60+ years of heartache 

and eichel left a sour taste in peoples mouths here

both teams got pieces and have nice futures … enjoy hockey 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Love this, but I’m about to go to bed and my wife said not to post, so I hope I don’t get banned

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Prospector my unasked for suggestion is to just TRY to soak in being in the finals. And pay attention to what 716 posted.

You are  steadfast Golden Knights fan. Not a bandwagoner I totally respect that

You hate and blame the state of Florida for all things pertaining to sports championships and rivalries.  Otherwise this could turn too PPP so Im not going there

GOTCHA. It's chill. I think Im reading you right most of the time.  

Edited by muppy

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Bing bing bing....Richochet Rabbit!

I can't remember ever seeing a goal like that.

Very bizarre for sure... need a couple more. 

• Like (+1) 1

what an ending to that game. The Vegas goaltender loses his stick and a shot goes off his pad  time expires and all heck breaks loose.

The refs call a delay of game penalty a bit earlier but apparently crosschecking isn't called lat 3rd period? ? I saw at least 2. 

3-1 game lead is pretty tough. Win 3 straight easy peazy eh? Not so much.

As a VGK fan, the 3rd period blown lead in game 3 and the 3rd period near-blown lead in this game was quite nerve-wracking, but 3-1 going back to Vegas sounds good to me....however, nothing can be taken for granted against the Panthers....just ask the Bruins!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This comes out today.  Looks good

That does look pretty good. Think I’ll DVR it and watch when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing!

I was a big Paul Kariya fan growing up. He was one of my favorite non-Sabres players. I even picked his number for my jersey a few times on different hockey teams I played for. 

edit - it actually already aired at 11am est this morning. Hopefully it will be on again!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looks like this might be the year for Vegas! I know the panthers came back from being down 3 games to 1 against Boston but I don’t see them doing it again. Vegas has just been too good, and so has Hill.

So who do you all think wins the Conn Smythe if Vegas wins the Cup?

My guess is either Marchessault or Hill, with Eichel possibly in that mix too.

I think right now it has to be one of the other two though, unless Eichel just has a monster finish to the series. He’s been very good this series but I think the other 2 have been a bit better and a bit more important. 

I will say… I’ve been impressed with Eichel’s 2 way game this year in Vegas and even more so this year in the playoffs. Bruce Cassidy has really gotten him to grow his defensive game. You could always see the potential for Eichel to be a great 2-way C in Buffalo. He could be so good on the backcheck when he wanted to be but the effort just wasn’t consistently there. He seems to be maturing a bit in Vegas. I’m sure it helps being surrounded by a strong veteran team that probably won’t tolerate 1/2 efforts from Eichel.

On a side note - how funny would it be if Bruce Cassidy won the Stanley Cup in his first season after being fired by Boston, while Boston was eliminated in the 1st round (after a historic regular season)… 😂

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That does look pretty good. Think I’ll DVR it and watch when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing!

I was a big Paul Kariya fan growing up. He was one of my favorite non-Sabres players. I even picked his number for my jersey a few times on different hockey teams I played for. 

edit - it actually already aired at 11am est this morning. Hopefully it will be on again!

I DVR'd it and just watched it.  It was a pretty fun watch.  Nothing too deep but they tied it in with the movie by splicing in movie scenes and outtakes.  Kariya and Selanne were always a blast to watch play hockey.  I remember the original Mighty Ducks logo and gear being everywhere in the early days.  They should have never rebranded to just the Ducks IMO.  Seems like ESPN is making more of an effort to pump out some Hockey Docs now, I wonder if they would ever do one on No Goal.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

OK, let’s see if the VGK can follow the Denver Nuggets lead and close out this series in 5!!

I want to see this go 7. I don't care who wins but a game 7 SCF would be awesome. I think Vegas Cups tonight and they do close it out in 5.

Within the hour NHL Finals playoffs will commence in Las Vegas. Game 5 . Series could be over tonight. At Home

I love a home crowd winner. I can at least be happy for Prospector..

Go Las Vegas 

• Dislike 1

On 6/11/2023 at 12:39 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Looks like this might be the year for Vegas! I know the panthers came back from being down 3 games to 1 against Boston but I don’t see them doing it again. Vegas has just been too good, and so has Hill.

So who do you all think wins the Conn Smythe if Vegas wins the Cup?

My guess is either Marchessault or Hill, with Eichel possibly in that mix too.

I think right now it has to be one of the other two though, unless Eichel just has a monster finish to the series. He’s been very good this series but I think the other 2 have been a bit better and a bit more important. 

I will say… I’ve been impressed with Eichel’s 2 way game this year in Vegas and even more so this year in the playoffs. Bruce Cassidy has really gotten him to grow his defensive game. You could always see the potential for Eichel to be a great 2-way C in Buffalo. He could be so good on the backcheck when he wanted to be but the effort just wasn’t consistently there. He seems to be maturing a bit in Vegas. I’m sure it helps being surrounded by a strong veteran team that probably won’t tolerate 1/2 efforts from Eichel.

On a side note - how funny would it be if Bruce Cassidy won the Stanley Cup in his first season after being fired by Boston, while Boston was eliminated in the 1st round (after a historic regular season)… 😂

My pick for Conn Smythe is Marchessault.  He's been the Knights' best player IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Oops. Game on! Will it be over tonight? If so, I'll just miss watching hockey. I want a game 7, or 6.  I think Vegas will win it tonight though. Bob will have to stand on his head for the Panthers to have a chance,  duh.

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

As if the Diggs drama wasn't enough today...it looks like Vegas is pretty much a lock to hoist Lord Stanley tonight.  What a ROUGH day this turned out to be😞

I read all the Eichel animosity. I didn't live through it as a sabres fan or I'd likely have more empathy  . 

I dont generally root for players when they leave the Bills for other teams. Now if he were to talk Buffalo smack NOW Id pay attention.

Florida is  being beat down.  I think the 3rd period is going to be Chippy just sayin'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.