NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

I watched the Bruins game last night and, it sucks to say it but, ... I really think they are going to sweep this series. 

Lightning at Leafs... go Leafs all the way.

The Rangers/Devils game is on TBS right now, wouldn't be surprised to see the Devils take this series. I'll switch over to the tampa/toronto game when it starts.

Go Isles anyone? Best as I can tell not a popular sentiment around here.

I'm surprised they made the post-season - had a very strong last third of the season despite missing a top play maker for most of it. IMO, they're capable of beating any playoff team in a 7 game series - but not capable of winning 4 straight series.

With that said, when I look at the Canes I see a better version of the Islanders. I doubt we make it past them. This may sound crazy, but part of me wanted the Bruins in round 1.

Past that series all I care about is the Rangers getting knocked out. They are legit contenders and went all in at the trade line - in that respect they remind me of the '94 team. 

11 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Beautiful period for the Maple Leafs 😂

That period was a complete unraveling for sure, I turned it off... already dreading the morning news here lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

7-3 Tampa. Can’t say I’m sad about that! 😂 I don’t like either team, and I actually like Toronto the city/area more than Florida. But as much as I don’t like Tampa and think they are dirty I just have trouble genuinely rooting for the leafs for whatever reason (not even sure I know exactly why anymore 🤷‍♂️ lol). I feel like I should be rooting for Toronto though. Their fans have suffered a lot too and they live & die by the leafs. Plus I have no interest in Tampa making another run.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Go Isles anyone? Best as I can tell not a popular sentiment around here.

I'm surprised they made the post-season - had a very strong last third of the season despite missing a top play maker for most of it. IMO, they're capable of beating any playoff team in a 7 game series - but not capable of winning 4 straight series.

With that said, when I look at the Canes I see a better version of the Islanders. I doubt we make it past them. This may sound crazy, but part of me wanted the Bruins in round 1.

Past that series all I care about is the Rangers getting knocked out. They are legit contenders and went all in at the trade line - in that respect they remind me of the '94 team. 

I would say I am rooting for the Isles over Carolina, but I don’t exactly care either way. I do like the style of hockey Carolina plays, and their turn-around under Brind’amor has been really impressive. But I still hold a grudge from that 2006 eastern conference final! Plus, the Isles play in NY. So, home state and all.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

I watched the Bruins game last night and, it sucks to say it but, ... I really think they are going to sweep this series. 

Lightning at Leafs... go Leafs all the way.

The Rangers/Devils game is on TBS right now, wouldn't be surprised to see the Devils take this series. I'll switch over to the tampa/toronto game when it starts.

I hope the devils take the series. Rooting for Lindy Ruff! What an impressive leap his young team has made this season. They are fun to watch. Credit to Lindy for being able to evolve as a head coach. 

And yeah, Bruins looks unstoppable. This might be their year. I’d be happy for Ullmark at least.

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

7-3 Tampa. Can’t say I’m sad about that! 😂 I don’t like either team, and I actually like Toronto the city/area more than Florida. But as much as I don’t like Tampa and think they are dirty I just have trouble genuinely rooting for the leafs for whatever reason (not even sure I know exactly why anymore 🤷‍♂️ lol). I feel like I should be rooting for Toronto though. Their fans have suffered a lot too and they live & die by the leafs. Plus I have no interest in Tampa making another run.

I would say I am rooting for the Isles over Carolina, but I don’t exactly care either way. I do like the style of hockey Carolina plays, and their turn-around under Brind’amor has been really impressive. But I still hold a grudge from that 2006 eastern conference final! Plus, the Isles play in NY. So, home state and all.

I hope the devils take the series. Rooting for Lindy Ruff! What an impressive leap his young team has made this season. They are fun to watch. Credit to Lindy for being able to evolve as a head coach. 

And yeah, Bruins looks unstoppable. This might be their year. I’d be happy for Ullmark at least.

If the Leafs bounce first round again then I think they enter panic mode and start making changes for change sake.  Lets Go Lightning (for one round, then a swift exit)!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

This dude is the Canadian Steven A Smith. I dont need to be yelled at about your crappy team for 20 minutes, bro.

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Vegas 5-1 loss, Eichel 0 points Minus 3

buffalo sabres ugh GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Had this discussion last night...

Is Jack Eichel the most hated player from Buffalo sports?

I can't think of another player who came through Buffalo, across all sports, that is as disliked in Buffalo as Eichel. Heck, I cant think of another player who is disliked AT ALL.

Is he our biggest homegrown villain?

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This dude is the Canadian Steven A Smith. I dont need to be yelled at about your crappy team for 20 minutes, bro.

Had this discussion last night...

Is Jack Eichel the most hated player from Buffalo sports?

I can't think of another player who came through Buffalo, across all sports, that is as disliked in Buffalo as Eichel. Heck, I cant think of another player who is disliked AT ALL.

Is he our biggest homegrown villain?

It's hard to think of anybody else that compares.  He always seemed like he felt like he was too big for Buffalo which is hilarious to begin with because he's just not on that level of a player to begin with and treated so many people like S*** during his time here!  Add in the frustrations of how he was supposed to be the savior of the franchise and it's hard to think of any other situation that compares to this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

It's hard to think of anybody else that compares.  He always seemed like he felt like he was too big for Buffalo which is hilarious to begin with because he's just not on that level of a player to begin with and treated so many people like S*** during his time here!  Add in the frustrations of how he was supposed to be the savior of the franchise and it's hard to think of any other situation that compares to this.

Yeah, even players we "ran out of town" arent really despised like Eichel.

Trying to think of players who dissed Buffalo while here or on their way out. I have no strong feelings against McGahee or Lynch. Other guys were just disappointing, not living up to their hype, but nothing to hate them about.

Eichel was just such a dick on so many levels, and the way the team IMMEDIATELY flipped and became a whole new culture the second he was gone, really says something.

Eat *****, Eichel.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Vegas 5-1 loss, Eichel 0 points Minus 3

buffalo sabres ugh GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Definitely didn’t see that one coming! 😂 Vegas finished the season as the best team in the west and the jets grabbed the last wildcard spot. It would be amazing if the jets pulled off the upset!

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

If the Leafs bounce first round again then I think they enter panic mode and start making changes for change sake.  Lets Go Lightning (for one round, then a swift exit)!

Agreed. I think things could get ugly if they have another 1st round exit. I think you might even see Kyle Dubas fired.

• Like (+1) 1

Hang on Panthers... 

Edit: Nice win, they did a 180 from the game Monday night. Maybe I underestimated them in Playoff hockey as opposed to the regular season.

Off to Sunrise for a couple...

Edited by T&C

The refs in the Isles - Canes game was a joke. 6 PP's for the Canes and 0 for the Isles. Then the blatant high stick call that wasn't called in OT which resulted in the winning goal. Maybe game 3 will be called by refs and not "Canes fans". If I am the Isles I come out hitting everything in game 3. They have got to be pissed and rightfully so.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.