NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

42 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Huge win for the Isles. UBS will be rocking Friday night for game 6. Win that and then anything can happen in a game 7.

Exactly. I don't have high expectations, but I'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Islanders haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs since '94 -  oof, don't want to relive that post-season.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Exactly. I don't have high expectations, but I'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Islanders haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs since '94 -  oof, don't want to relive that post-season.

The Rangers have their hands full with the Devils. I think that one goes 7 and it really is anyone's guess who will win. Both teams are evenly matched. The Isles are underdogs obviously, but the Canes are banged up. The Isles usually play well at home and Sorokin is capable of stealing the series. Get it to game 7 and the pressure is on the Canes as they are expected to win.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Credit to the Devils for flipping the series, I thought they were headed for a quick exit after the first two games. 

That's emerging as "the" series of the first round.  

Also great to see Toronto choke away another elimination game tonight.

That's ELEVEN of them in a row now, and counting! 

LMAO

Cannot wait for Game 6 in Tampa.  I think Tampa wins, and then we'll have a game 7 in TO and so much fear and panic in that Leafs team, it will be palpable.  Should make for some great viewing.

Winnipeg Jets head coach Rick Bowness went out last night telling the truth about the Winnipeg Jets players after there playoff loss to the Vegas Golden Knights good for him. At least there are a few of us sports supporters left Sean McDermott and Don Granato could learn something from Rick Bowness in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

8 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Winnipeg Jets head coach Rick Bowness went out last night telling the truth about the Winnipeg Jets players after there playoff loss to the Vegas Golden Knights good for him. At least there are a few of us sports supporters left Sean McDermott and Don Granato could learn something from Rick Bowness in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Unless injuries play a factor, the Sabres are going to have the same type of season next year that the Devils had this year. The offense is already one of the best in the league, and it appears they have found their goalie of the future. Just improve the D with the draft/FA and playoff hockey will be happening in Buffalo next spring. What is really encouraging is the core group of this team is really young. 

23 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

What did he say?

Just now, T&C said:

I know the draft is going on but wow was this a battle tonight... Panthers win so game 7 is for all the marbles. Good, I hope they beat the bruins on their home ice.

What a fun game to watch!

• Agree 1

OT... please Leafs... knock these ***** out of the playoffs. Shut down the chatter... the Rays can have that ***** all year long... who cares about the wimpy baseball season. 

I typed the last part on purpose.

Go Leafs!

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Even though I hate both franchises, a potential Toronto-Boston series in Round 2 is going to be pretty epic too 

Boston has to get by Florida first! I thought it was a foregone conclusion but Florida got it to game 7. Should be a fun game to watch tonight. I love game 7’s!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Even though I hate both franchises, a potential Toronto-Boston series in Round 2 is going to be pretty epic too 

I'll watch that. If for anything else to watch them both beat up on each other. Baaaston toronto FOOEY

I hate both those teams 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.