NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Someone want to tell the Devils that their playoff series has started. Being a no-show at home for two straight games against your biggest rival will not get it done.

It's over for them.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Someone want to tell the Devils that their playoff series has started. Being a no-show at home for two straight games against your biggest rival will not get it done.

Unless I'm mistaken this is the Devils first trip to the playoffs in awhile. It doesn't surprise me when a team gets over-whelmed in their first playoff appearance and that may be happening to the Devils. Doesn't happen to every team - Vegas pretty much blew that up their first year in the league. But it doesn't bode well for the Devils that they got over-whelmed on home ice. In hindsight they'd have been better off playing the first two on the road.

Meanwhile, take nothing away from the Rangers who look like a legit Cup contenders.

• Agree 1

I do think the Isles get back in the series tonight. Both games in Carolina were close and if Sorokin played better in game 2, they are probably tied 1-1. First playoff game ever at UBS I would be surprised if the Isles don't come out fired up. We will see.

52 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeesh - looked like my Isles were headed for another loss, instead they set a record for quickest 4 goals in Stanley Cup playoff history.

Wow.... I just turned into the interwebs after supper....I'll for sure be looking this one up...

• Like (+1) 1

Lol...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/maple-leafs-lightning-phil-esposito-fat-woman-video?utm_campaign=trueAnthem Manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1mwPhlDl0JflyiNhH4jF47PqsRs2hjK34ZrxHL5vyj0f0Heawfv7yztko

The Hockey Hall of Famer is one of the radio voices of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and on Thursday night during the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 7-2 loss in Game 2 of their opening-round playoff series, Espo was describing a Leafs fan who was talking trash to Tampa players near the penalty box.

“You’ve got a fat woman who’s yappin’ like crazy, or is that a guy with long hair? I can’t tell,” he said on the air.

• Haha (+1) 1

This Tampa Toronto game is Insane....but TB totally got screwed on that goal they took away earlier, yeah the ref blew the whistle but he never should have to begin with as it was still a live puck.  If I were a Lightning fan I'd be pissed right now, they have clearly been the better team tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This Tampa Toronto game is Insane....but TB totally got screwed on that goal they took away earlier, yeah the ref blew the whistle but he never should have to begin with as it was still a live puck.  If I were a Lightning fan I'd be pissed right now, they have clearly been the better team tonight.

The intermission thing caught me off guard...  I went outside and watched the bats across the way. So here we go...

5 hours ago, T&C said:

Not happening for the Islanders this year... if this is a word, they are playing klunky.

Just saw that Ullmark got a misconduct - off the top of my head I don't remember seeing a goalie get tossed for a fight with  anyone let alone with a non-goalie.

As to Isles, I had high hopes this morning that we'd make this a series - now I just hope we can get the series back home.  Credit to the Canes for playing more disciplined and better in general. At the same time there have been some head-scratching calls and non-calls by the refs - always more infuriating when you're losing.

• Like (+1) 1

Crazy game... Leafs, stick it to them at some point in time....

Edit: amazing that we are seeing OT in this one. 3 goals in the 3rd is pretty impressive in playoff hockey.

Edited by T&C

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.