Chicago

Chicago Popeyes employee seen on TikTok destroying restaurant after allegedly not getting paid for a month
A video clip of the Popeyes employee dumping food on the floor was captioned with 'this is what happens when you don't get paid for a month'

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/chicago-popeyes-employee-tiktok-destroying-restaurant-allegedly-paid-month

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Maher Says Quiet Part Out Loud About Chicago Crime

Last Friday, on HBO’s “Real Time,” Bill Maher dared to go where other commenters don’t, lest they be called racist. He remarked that most of the homicides in Chicago involve black-on-black crime, and that it’s young black men who are killing each other. Not racist cops. Not white supremacists.

Joining Maher was Glenn Loury, professor of economics at Brown University, a native of Chicago, and also a black man. Loury agreed with Maher.

The exchange went like this:

Maher: Most of the shootings [in Chicago] are young black men killing other young black men. Is that not correct?

Loury: Yeah that’s correct.

Maher: Okay, much more than what the cops do. Why doesn’t anybody talk about that? Why aren’t there a hundred giant black celebrities who would have the respect of those people saying what are you doing to yourselves? Why are you killing each other?

Loury: It dishonors our community. Come on, we’re better than this. 

Maher: Right. It’s never addressed.

On Monday night, News Nation’s Leland Vittert opened his program by addressing the comments by Bill Maher, as well as the scourge of lawbreaking in Chicago.

Yet despite the carnage and crime, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx rarely charges perpetrators other than those committing the most egregious of crimes. Sometimes not even then. Instead, she sees herself as a warrior for racial justice rather than the safety of Chicagoans.

When you hear about “mass killings,” what pops into your mind? The 2018 Parkland School shooting? The 2015 Charleston Church shooting, in which a white supremacist murdered nine black parishioners? The media want you to believe that these events are typical. While certainly horrifying, they’re rare.

But what is commonplace in places like Chicago is black-on-black crime, such as the shootings which happened over the weekend that Vittert described. Twenty people were shot, including a three-year-old boy who was struck in the face. Two hours later a six-year-old girl and another man were shot inside a home.

The Chicago crime data aggregate, Hey Jackass!, documents that as of April 1, 2023, there have been 51 shooting incidents in which two people were shot. On two other occasions, four were shot, and one event each involved five and six victims. A total of 22 died as a result of these shootings. But the year is still young, so expect more of the same, especially when summer starts.

So does media pay attention to these mass incidents?  Not a chance. It doesn’t fit their progressive narrative.

https://victorygirlsblog.com/bill-maher-says-quiet-part-out-loud-about-chicago-crime/

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Bill Maher Says Quiet Part Out Loud About Chicago Crime

Last Friday, on HBO’s “Real Time,” Bill Maher dared to go where other commenters don’t, lest they be called racist. He remarked that most of the homicides in Chicago involve black-on-black crime, and that it’s young black men who are killing each other. Not racist cops. Not white supremacists.

Joining Maher was Glenn Loury, professor of economics at Brown University, a native of Chicago, and also a black man. Loury agreed with Maher.

The exchange went like this:

Maher: Most of the shootings [in Chicago] are young black men killing other young black men. Is that not correct?

Loury: Yeah that’s correct.

Maher: Okay, much more than what the cops do. Why doesn’t anybody talk about that? Why aren’t there a hundred giant black celebrities who would have the respect of those people saying what are you doing to yourselves? Why are you killing each other?

Loury: It dishonors our community. Come on, we’re better than this. 

Maher: Right. It’s never addressed.

On Monday night, News Nation’s Leland Vittert opened his program by addressing the comments by Bill Maher, as well as the scourge of lawbreaking in Chicago.

Yet despite the carnage and crime, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx rarely charges perpetrators other than those committing the most egregious of crimes. Sometimes not even then. Instead, she sees herself as a warrior for racial justice rather than the safety of Chicagoans.

When you hear about “mass killings,” what pops into your mind? The 2018 Parkland School shooting? The 2015 Charleston Church shooting, in which a white supremacist murdered nine black parishioners? The media want you to believe that these events are typical. While certainly horrifying, they’re rare.

But what is commonplace in places like Chicago is black-on-black crime, such as the shootings which happened over the weekend that Vittert described. Twenty people were shot, including a three-year-old boy who was struck in the face. Two hours later a six-year-old girl and another man were shot inside a home.

The Chicago crime data aggregate, Hey Jackass!, documents that as of April 1, 2023, there have been 51 shooting incidents in which two people were shot. On two other occasions, four were shot, and one event each involved five and six victims. A total of 22 died as a result of these shootings. But the year is still young, so expect more of the same, especially when summer starts.

So does media pay attention to these mass incidents?  Not a chance. It doesn’t fit their progressive narrative.

https://victorygirlsblog.com/bill-maher-says-quiet-part-out-loud-about-chicago-crime/

It's so good to see Bill Maher going back to being Bill Maher.  He got smitten with a case of TDS and turned into a Donkey team back pocket boy for a few years there.  Nice to see him calling out ridiculousness by the Donkey team and the Elephant team once again.

In case you missed it,his last 2 "New Rules" have been stellar IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/17/2023 at 8:10 AM, Tiberius said:

One of the richest cities in the world and growing. 

You want to see dying, go visit rural America 

If what you say is true & rural America is dying it's because the youth of today want to be coddled & taken care of given everything they need to survive so they move to the cities so they don't have to work physically hard for anything hence the gov't trying to pay for the debt that they agree'd to pay back for college instead of letting them learn a very real life lesson that you are responsible for your decisions good bad or indifferent .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62i2feu9fxk

Rural America is the life blood of the nation where reality of life is taught & you learn you have to work hard if you want to get ahead and parents who learned all about hard work pass that on to their children & those that live there & teach old school work ethics, morals, & that life has consequences for those personal decisions which is what keeps some kind of a balance in society .

Those kids in those video's IMHO have not been taught respect for them selves or others and have not been taught that their actions have consequences because the lack of teaching as young people weather it be a parent, pastor, uncle, aunt, who ever that might be they have entirely to much time on their hands and that mixed with the lack of a strong upbringing leads to what we see on the video's.

Chicago although a beautiful city has been a mess for quite a while from the top on down and the youth has been taught by weak leaders with less than a strong moral back ground of ethics that it's easier to receive respect or what ever that might be than it is to give respect or to help out  .

I have always been taught that you lead by example & the youth has sat back & watched Lori Lightfoot preach the defund the police movement which s basically a law less rule less society & how illegal immigration is fine just let them come here (which she is now talking out of the other side of her face) & how the gov't bailing students out of their commitments is all okay .

This is what happens when the example of leadership is what it is in Chicago ! Put in place the toughest gun laws in the nation but the bad guys don't abide by those laws take the money away from the police to keep the bad guys in line and demoralize the police so no one wants to be a cop any more & this is exactly what happens .

Then there are those that think this city is growing & doing a great job as far as being a upstanding example 🤔 I think not this should be a example of exactly how NOT to do things but you say tomato & i say toemauto well you get it ...

This is what todays leaders teach instead of working for it which is a huge reason why youth do the things they do today !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62i2feu9fxk  just to make my point incase you missed the first one .

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

26 Things To Do In Chicago This Weekend: A Cinco De Mayo Bar Crawl, Hafla Dance Party, Pullman Walking Tour And More

Tons of cool things happening here this weekend. Because, once again, the Chicago you are all seeing in the “news” is not the Chicago as it actually exists. 

Get:

1 mugged

2 raped

3 shot 

4 stabbed

5 beaten

6 assaulted

7 robbed

8 accosted 

9 attacked 

10 t boned by a stolen car

11 enlightened by a progressive politician 

12 yeah ok I won’t make 26 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Get:

1 mugged

2 raped

3 shot 

4 stabbed

5 beaten

6 assaulted

7 robbed

8 accosted 

9 attacked 

10 t boned by a stolen car

11 enlightened by a progressive politician 

12 yeah ok I won’t make 26 

Come and visit. None of those things will happen to you. 

If you want to experience those, I suggest St. Louis or New Orleans.

Sometimes I wonder if all of the people here crapping on Chicago with absolutely no first hand knowledge just nod in agreement when national media craps on Buffalo. 

I mean, they’d have to if they were intellectually consistent, right?

Edited by ChiGoose

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

26 Things To Do In Chicago This Weekend: A Cinco De Mayo Bar Crawl, Hafla Dance Party, Pullman Walking Tour And More

Tons of cool things happening here this weekend. Because, once again, the Chicago you are all seeing in the “news” is not the Chicago as it actually exists. 

Much preferred to live in St. Charles and visit when we wanted. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Come and visit. None of those things will happen to you. 

If you want to experience those, I suggest St. Louis or New Orleans.

Sometimes I wonder if all of the people here crapping on Chicago with absolutely no first hand knowledge just nod in agreement when national media craps on Buffalo. 

I mean, they’d have to if they were intellectually consistent, right?

Chicago is two cities and I spent a lot of time there from 2008-2012, totalling about 6 months for work. Even the people who live in the dangerous part were always kind to me but I made sure I was out before school gets out based on recommendations from those kind people. The issue with Chicago, and other liberal cities, is the way the punish/ reward people who make poor life choices. Those kids running wild a few weeks ago would not do that in Orlando because they will be punished, remove the 2-3% and life is good there also

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, Orlando Tim said:

Chicago is two cities and I spent a lot of time there from 2008-2012, totalling about 6 months for work. Even the people who live in the dangerous part were always kind to me but I made sure I was out before school gets out based on recommendations from those kind people. The issue with Chicago, and other liberal cities, is the way the punish/ reward people who make poor life choices. Those kids running wild a few weeks ago would not do that in Orlando because they will be punished, remove the 2-3% and life is good there also

The suburbanites that claim to be experts on that ignore the fact 99 percent of people in low economic areas are fix income, single parents, the working poor.  Not criminals.  They are stuck and the victims of the minority criminal element that terrorizes them on a nightly basis.  The streets steal or kill the young men/teens .  And political da's don't do their jobs as they are held victims of the criminals in the areas.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

The suburbanites that claim to be experts on that ignore the fact 99 percent of people in low economic areas are fix income, single parents, the working poor.  Not criminals.  They are stuck and the victims of the minority criminal element that terrorizes them on a nightly basis.  The streets steal or kill the young men/teens .  And political da's don't do their jobs as they are held victims of the criminals in the areas.  

Man, you were *so close* to making a good point. But then you had to veer off to the usual nonsense. 

Maybe next time you’ll figure it out. I wouldn’t bet on it though. 

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Just absolute brain worms nonsense to say that people don’t care about this. 

How gullible do you have to be to believe this crap?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Man, you were *so close* to making a good point. But then you had to veer off to the usual nonsense. 

Maybe next time you’ll figure it out. I wouldn’t bet on it though. 

The fact you can't articulate why, but just go back to "your ignorant" is generic but expected.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Man, you were *so close* to making a good point. But then you had to veer off to the usual nonsense. 

Maybe next time you’ll figure it out. I wouldn’t bet on it though. 

The fact you can't articulate why, but just go back to "your ignorant" is generic but expected.  

Young kids on the streets who see their best option for success or money is through gangs and crimes is a good starting point for actually preventing violence. 

Targeting them with violence interrupters, stronger wraparound services, mental health services, education, vocational training, and even jobs would do a lot to reduce the violence. 

All of those interventions can be done before they pick up their first gun and without requiring additional police officers. And it would have a much greater impact on reducing crime than simply hiring more cops or being “tough on crime.”