DO NOT DRAFT!

Zerovoltz

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they are picking OL in the first two rounds either. 

I do, however, think they will pick a receiver. When the Bills have so many guys at a position in for pre-draft meetings they generally draft that position early. Not saying I know who, but I expect one of our first two picks to be receiver and the other to be a defensive player.

I will add in Bijan Robinson to that list if he was to fall to us at 27.  I could even seem them possibly making a small trade up to get ahead of say Dallas to get him if he got close enough to us.  They have shown and established interest in him as well.  It also depends on which WR's they covet and if any of them are on the board too.  That being said, I don't think Bijan will reach us and I do think WR is the most plausible pick.  

I just feel like first round is going to end up being some sort of offensive playmaker either at 27 or a small to reasonable trade up to get either the WR they want or maybe Bijan.  

I won't totally rule out OL though, I mean if the top playmakers they wanted were gone and the BPA was someone on the OL, I think Beane would take the OL guy and stay true to his board rather than reach elsewhere.   

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I will add in Bijan Robinson to that list if he was to fall to us at 27.  I could even seem them possibly making a small trade up to get ahead of say Dallas to get him if he got close enough to us.  They have shown and established interest in him as well.  It also depends on which WR's they covet and if any of them are on the board too.  That being said, I don't think Bijan will reach us and I do think WR is the most plausible pick.  

I just feel like first round is going to end up being some sort of offensive playmaker either at 27 or a small to reasonable trade up to get either the WR they want or maybe Bijan.  

I won't totally rule out OL though, I mean if the top playmakers they wanted were gone and the BPA was someone on the OL, I think Beane would take the OL guy and stay true to his board rather than reach elsewhere.   

At this stage I'd be shocked if the Bills stay at #27 and draft an OL in that spot. 

I think the first two picks will be a receiver and a defensive player in some order. But if they traded back maybe all bets are off.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

At this stage I'd be shocked if the Bills stay at #27 and draft an OL in that spot. 

I think the first two picks will be a receiver and a defensive player in some order. But if they traded back maybe all bets are off.

It seems like the Bills realistic choice for the outcome of this draft is one or zero starters for 2023.  Trading back may increase the liklihood of it being zero.  If there is someone they believe is a three down starter at 27 for 2023, just pick him. Any position is fine. 

• Agree 1

@GunnerBill real question.  With his current contract does Dawson Knox have any trade value?  The reason I ask, is that if Kincaid or Meyer fall to 27, there may be a real chance to clear quite a bit of cap space, and maintain current production levels with the rookies.  I like Knox, but this is a brutal business, and he is a highly paid player at position wer are not getting great production out of of. 

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

@GunnerBill real question.  With his current contract does Dawson Knox have any trade value?  The reason I ask, is that if Kincaid or Meyer fall to 27, there may be a real chance to clear quite a bit of cap space, and maintain current production levels with the rookies.  I like Knox, but this is a brutal business, and he is a highly paid player at position wer are not getting great production out of of. 

The point of drafting Kincaid is not to replace Knox. His production is limited by Dorsey and maybe Josh Allen not looking for him enough. It's not a limitation rooted in Knox's deficiencies. You draft Kincaid and use 12 personnel to put Knox and him on the field at the same time.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The point of drafting Kincaid is not to replace Knox. His production is limited by Dorsey and maybe Josh Allen not looking for him enough. It's not a limitation rooted in Knox's deficiencies. You draft Kincaid and use 12 personnel to put Knox and him on the field at the same time.

Depends on his trade value.  Kincaid is a TE1. If Dorsey isn't going to use TE  (we punt fewer times than any other team, I am not sure we are in desperate need of a chain moving strategy) it might make more sense to have a TE1 under a rookie contract, rather than under a very expensive (for the position) vet contract. 

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Depends on his trade value.  Kincaid is a TE1. If Dorsey isn't going to use TE  (we punt fewer times than any other team, I am not sure we are in desperate need of a chain moving strategy) it might make more sense to have a TE1 under a rookie contract, rather than under a very expensive (for the position) vet contract. 

If Dorsey isn't going to use a tight end drafting one in round 1 makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Kincaid is a chain mover the way Kelce is. I'm not saying he is Kelce, but he's that kind of TE and I think he can develop quickly into a threat you have to prepare for. I don't see using him in 12 personnel as slowing the offense down or making it less capable of explosive plays. 

Anyway, I like Knox and don't want to get rid of him to allocate funds elsewhere. I think he is underutilized, but that's not his fault. I think of Kincaid as someone who can be an alternative focus to WR2 rather than a replacement for TE1.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If Dorsey isn't going to use a tight end drafting one in round 1 makes no sense. 

Disagree. We are going to line someone up at TE. If they are not being used, cheaper is better.  And if you can have cheaper without losing quality that is a potential win.  If another team is willing to give up a clear WR2 for Knox, drafting Kincaid in reality becomes a WR2 pick.  If no one wants Dawson for anything of value, then it makes no sense.  The mock draft simulation sites accept George Pickens from Pittsburgh, even up for Knox. That seems wrong to me.  But I would be excited to roll out Kincaid/Pickens in 2023 (plus have a bunch of cap space).  I don't understand how people can say they don't like a two sided deal with only one side known.  I don't know what Knox would attract, maybe nothing.  That is why I asked the question. 

This draft is FULL of short WRs, I don't want another smurf. Draft analysts pumping up short shifty guys without world class speed is just famine mentality. You can improve the passing and running game with a top end TE, I'd rather have one of the top 3 guys.

7 hours ago, Prospector said:

Tyjae Spears... he's like a 'Wish' version of Singletary

7 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Something about Jordan Addison doesn’t feel right. With that slender frame, I think he’s gonna get pushed around at the NFL level and be a 3rd WR at best.

Tulane road Spears all year and won vs Kansas State and USC. Watching him play, very elusive, great balance, can win with the pass or run. Addison was very good in two major conferences, two systems. Mind you, generally looked at as the two weaker conferences. Watching both this year, they stood out. Now, I don't have a huge appetite for either position very early, but as far as players, I think both can do very well in the NFL.  

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't have a dog in this fight but participating in the mock draft here, when the Bills have come up, there is alot of debate about who they should or should NOT take.

Post your guys that you hope the Bills avoid at all costs....who would piss you off if the Bills call their name and why.

1.  Any quarterback earlier than a round 6 flier.

2.  Any pass rusher in the first 3 rounds.

3.  Any cornerback in the first 3 rounds.

4.  DT Bryan Bresee

5.  WR Zay Flowers.  5'9".  I'm sorry but just no....

There are others...

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I dont disagree, but like I said, if the offensive players they want are off the board at 27 and they don't find a trade down partner, I have no doubt that if Beane's remaining BPA is on the OL he would stick to his board and take them.  I don't see Beane reaching for someone else was my point if the BPA on his board was an OL at 27 and they had to say at 27.  

But I do agree, I think the first 2 picks are most like a weapon of some sort and a defensive player, probably in that order.

10 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Something about Jordan Addison doesn’t feel right. With that slender frame, I think he’s gonna get pushed around at the NFL level and be a 3rd WR at best.

Like DeSean Jackson or Devante Smith?   They’re slender too.   Addison is going be open a lot the way he runs routes.

Edited by purple haze

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

Zay Flowers. We have enough small receivers 

McKenzie, Crowder, Beasley and Brown are gone.   They have Deonte Harty.  Everyone else is 6’0 or taller.   Flowers, along with Harty would be the most explosive of all them once he walked into the building.  Don’t worry about size.   Worry about production . Yards after catch would be a definite thing with him.  Isn’t that what Beane/McD say they want?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.