Shaq Lawson returning

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Same result in playoffs 

Cry more
You gotta be in it to win it that’s what the team is doing giving themselves as much at bats as possible

Just now, mrags said:

However they were 1-1 in the playoffs when it matters and their DL couldn’t get to Burrow with 3 backups on Cincis OL. 

just saying 

Noted
But what exactly do you expect them to do with the limited amount of money that they have their making this window last as long as they possibly can?

• Thank you (+1) 2

It's just further confirmation that their approach is to run this thing back. Same caliber of FAs on the Offensive Line/WR, and doing everything they can to keep the defense intact. 

I think they're going MLB in Round 1, followed by DE and DT. 

I see the Shakir route (WR in Round 5) as the more likely path. 

At this point, I would be surprised if they go WR in Round 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cry more
You gotta be in it to win it that’s what the team is doing giving themselves as much at bats as possible

Noted
But what exactly do you expect them to do with the limited amount of money that they have their making this window last as long as they possibly can?

I didn’t expect anything. I’m actually very glad that Shaq is back. I think he’s our 3rd best DE behind Miller and Rousseau. 

in fact I’m happy they did it because hopefully now they won’t waste a pick on DE in the draft. 

I was simply stating a fact based off your comment. 

47 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Unfinished Business!!

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Never good to Draft for need -especially so when you’re picking in the high 20’s. IF the mlb they like best with a 1st round grade is available, he’ll be a Bill. Otherwise, best player remaining on our board.

Even if it's a CB?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Unfinished Business!!

Even if it's a CB?

It’s a curse we have to live with while McDermott is our HC. That’s likely gonna be a very long time as he’ll coach his 💯th game in Week 3 with a very impressive record, currently ranking 13th Best Ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

However they were 1-1 in the playoffs when it matters and their DL couldn’t get to Burrow with 3 backups on Cincis OL. 

just saying 

Exactly. Signing the same guys over and over again is not getting the job done in playoffs. In the 3 playoff games that knocked us out we have given about a 100 points. Maybe more 

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Exactly. Signing the same guys over and over again is not getting the job done in playoffs. In the 3 playoff games that knocked us out we have given about a 100 points. Maybe more 

We can’t discount the fact that we did pick up Miller. Yes, he wasn’t available in the playoffs but I do think things would have been different had he been. 

im sick of the excises too. I’m simply stating a fact that we did pick up a premier pass rusher, possibly the best option last offseason to help us with that. And we still don’t know what that would have yielded us. 

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think the opposite.

They’ve done everything they can to keep things the exact same.

The only really difference between 2022 and 2023 team is Tremaine Edmunds.

That leaves me at MLB. 

Guys! We’re cash-strapped while trying to maintain an excellent status quo. If we’ve learned anything, it’s that Offense WINS in the playoffs these days. I hope we concentrate on OL & WR in the Draft.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's just further confirmation that their approach is to run this thing back. Same caliber of FAs on the Offensive Line/WR, and doing everything they can to keep the defense intact. 

I think they're going MLB in Round 1, followed by DE and DT. 

I see the Shakir route (WR in Round 5) as the more likely path. 

At this point, I would be surprised if they go WR in Round 1. 

Unacceptable if that's the case.  This team needs more firepower. Especially on Offense.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, both.

I honestly did not know and appreciate it.

...so let me add...that is cool, too.  

In general I've been pretty OK with the offseason.

Martin is signed for the next 3 years:  https://overthecap.com/player/sam-martin/2246#:~:text=Contract Notes,per game and workout bonuses.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Bills are just treading water until they eventually sink. Same guys every year that can’t get the job done against the teams we will face in playoffs. It’s like they’re terrified to tiniest step back. McD picks these same guys over guys he drafted just because they have more experience. Bills gonna have the same ending as the past 3 years, our D not showing up in the biggest game. 

Nah; I don't think the bolded is going to happen.

Changing DC was the biggest move we could make.  The players, for the most part, are not the issue. We have a lot of talent on our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.