Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re getting pretty close to me not wanting to hear him referred to as BBB ever again. 

We currently have 10M tied up in the following players… Matakevich, Neal, Harty and McKenzie.  Why?  

I’m hoping another move is coming, but so far, it’s another year where we fill in perceived rotational/depth holes around the roster at the detriment of high end players.  

Meanwhile, the Bengals let both their starting Safeties walk and sign Orlando Brown to an OL that they already went heavy on fixing last year. 

Chiefs lose Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie, but then sign Taylor on a line that already boasts the best IOL in the NFL.  And they just restructured Mahomes, so I’m sure they’re not done. 

The Bills do believe a lot in team culture and chemistry. They aren’t going to change what has been working for them.

I don’t think we should include Harty in that list. We have no idea how they plan to use him.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Imagine this defense.

OLB - Leonard Floyd (Free Agent)

DE - Rousseau 

DT - Oliver (Or someone else if traded)

DT - DaQuan Jones

OLB - Von Miller 

MLB - Matt Milano

SS - Jordan Poyer

FS - Micah Hyde

CB - Tre White

CB - Kaiir Elam

NB - Taron Johnson 

Floyd would be a nice add.  9, 9.5, 10.5 sacks the last 3 seasons

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills do believe a lot in team culture and chemistry. They aren’t going to change what has been working for them.

I don’t think we should include Harty in that list. We have no idea how they plan to use him.

Fair enough ..

I’ll counter with … we didn’t need to bring back Poyer.   Matakevich, Neal + Poyer = (probably) around 10M this year.  

Ed Oliver, another 10M. 

What could 20M do for this Offense?

Thats the question the Chiefs and Bengals seem to constantly ask themselves.   Chiefs let’s their best Safety and CB walk last year.  Bengals let their two starting safeties walk this year.  

We spend it on 2 Special Teams Aces, a Safety and an inconsistent DT. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Some of the most knee-jerk, unmoored proclamations of doom, just because their dopamine initially spiked with the exalting news of a Bills transaction they can tear apart with reflexive, immature takes...and then gradually they are empirically reminded that such cynical campaigns don't always reward the crusader, and mayhaps often offer them up for reactive retribution. Cortisol spikes a bit, serotonin is scarce, dopamine got them into this in the first place, so maybe physiologically they feel exposed? Maybe they lash out with hot takes to keep us occupied. Best defense is an obvious, Freudian offense?  

Lol or maybe some of us just want to win a Super Bowl, you know something nearly all the good franchises have done in their history. But nah, let’s get excited for running it back. We know what we need to win a super bowl, and we haven’t gotten anything to bolster those feelings, so people feel concerned again. Rightfully so. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re getting pretty close to me not wanting to hear him referred to as BBB ever again. 

We currently have 10M tied up in the following players… Matakevich, Neal, Harty and McKenzie.  Why?  

I’m hoping another move is coming, but so far, it’s another year where we fill in perceived rotational/depth holes around the roster at the detriment of high end players.  

Meanwhile, the Bengals let both their starting Safeties walk and sign Orlando Brown to an OL that they already went heavy on fixing last year. 

Chiefs lose Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie, but then sign Taylor on a line that already boasts the best IOL in the NFL.  And they just restructured Mahomes, so I’m sure they’re not done. 

and the also lost JuJu, haven't re-signed Hardman, had to cut Frank Clark...

Per sport trac nfl transactions the following players were cut this morning

Rodney Hudson C Arizona

Bud Dupree LB Tenn

leonard Fournette RB Tampa

Bobby Wagner LB Rams

i know a lot of people will be interested in Fournette and Wagner especially but I worry about Morse concussions and Hudson is a very serviceable center

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and the also lost JuJu, haven't re-signed Hardman, had to cut Frank Clark...

Kelce, MVS, RD2 Pick Moore and Toney. 

Top IOL in the NFL.  Lost Brown and Wylie, but signed Taylor to a monster contract.  

Would you rather have that around Allen… or Knox, Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Harty and what we hope is a solid OL?

Chiefs aren’t done either … hopefully we aren’t either. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Rodney Hudson C Arizona

Bud Dupree LB Tenn

Bobby Wagner LB Rams

i know a lot of people will be interested in Fournette and Wagner especially but I worry about Morse concussions and Hudson is a very serviceable center

Hudson is more than likely retiring 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Kelce, MVS, RD2 Pick Moore and Toney. 

Top IOL in the NFL.  Lost Brown and Wylie, but signed Taylor to a monster contract.  

Would you rather have that around Allen… or Knox, Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Harty and what we hope is a solid OL?

And let’s be honest.  Mahomes just restructured.  What do we think that was for?  They’ll add to the WR room.. we all know this. 

I think they'll sign Gesicki.  Perhaps we should consider it.  He can used as basically another WR

Edited by Warriorspikes51

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The veteran minimum is more than a million dollars. Matakevich barely makes more than minimum and Lil Dirty was a starter last year .. admittedly he did not step up .. but that was a pretty cheap contract for someone who is starting in the NFL. Neal I do not get. We will find out if Harty is worth it though there is hope for him as a returner and a stretch the field receiver. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Hudson is more than likely retiring 

You are right .. thanks for the clarification

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-expect-c-rodney-hudson-to-retire/ar-AA18fvdC

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Rodney Hudson C Arizona

Bud Dupree LB Tenn

Bobby Wagner LB Rams

Hudson is retiring 

16 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The veteran minimum is more than a million dollars. Matakevich barely makes more than minimum and Lil Dirty was a starter last year .. admittedly he did not step up .. but that was a pretty cheap contract for someone who is starting in the NFL. Neal I do not get. We will find out if Harty is worth it though there is hope for him as a returner and a stretch the field receiver. 

He honestly did, he just isn’t Cole Beasley. 42 catches for 400+ yards were career bests, high drop percentage though. 

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fair enough ..

I’ll counter with … we didn’t need to bring back Poyer.   Matakevich, Neal + Poyer = (probably) around 10M this year.  

Ed Oliver, another 10M. 

What could 20M do for this Offense?

Thats the question the Chiefs and Bengals seem to constantly ask themselves.   Chiefs let’s their best Safety and CB walk last year.  Bengals let their two starting safeties walk this year.  

We spend it on 2 Special Teams Aces, a Safety and an inconsistent DT. 

What teams would be be lining up to take the 10 million inconsistent DT off our hands then?

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

What teams would be be lining up to take the 10 million inconsistent DT off our hands then?

From almost anyone who’s discussed this topic, there is a market for Ed Oliver.  

Maybe it’s not a Day 2 pick unless someone was really high on him pre-draft… but we could probably move him for a 4th or 5th as a salary dump / someone taking a flyer on a DT with potential that they liked a few years ago.  

5 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I could see the Browns,  Cardinals, and maybe the Broncos.

The Browns need a 3 tech, the Cards are switching to Gannon's 4-3 and I am guessing Vance Joseph will move the broncos to a 4-3 (though he ran a 3-4 in Arizona.. 

I would say it's unlikely. I think he is a good fit here and getting better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.