How bad were the Bills receivers this year? Hint really really bad

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes, I’m sure that’s the answer

No, it isn’t

I mean - not completely. But in a way, yes. 

After all, we only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract. And McKenzie will most likely be a cap casualty. That leaves only 3 WR's on the roster.

Diggs is #1. End of story. Don't replace Davis in the sense of getting rid of him. But he should at least be sharing reps with a more reliable WR, if not moved down the depth chart in favor of one completely. 

That leaves just Khalil Shakir. He showed some real promise as a Rookie and hopefully will continue to grow as McKenzie's replacement in the slot.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So, Josh Allen is not the problem?

Did everyone hear that?

He never was the problem.  The problem is Dorsey. The problem is stone hands receivers like Gabe. The problem is scrub olineman like Brown & Q getting Josh's arm torn off.  Josh haters are so adorably stupid.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

After all, we only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract. And McKenzie will most likely be a cap casualty. 

Diggs is #1. End of story. Don't replace Davis in the sense of getting rid of him. But he should at least be sharing reps with a more reliable WR, if not moved down the depth chart in favor of said more reliable WR completely.

Yeah, the McKenzie thing is going to take care of itself

i still say shakur has the number one slot ability

Just bring in a reliable vet to battle Gabe Davis for the number two spot, and we will immediately be better

In order to make the overall team better improve the line

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

After all, we only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract. And McKenzie will most likely be a cap casualty. 

Diggs is #1. End of story. Don't replace Davis in the sense of getting rid of him. But he should at least be sharing reps with a more reliable WR, if not moved down the depth chart in favor of said more reliable WR completely.

I don't see Davis ever getting WR2 targets again. We'll draft or sign at least 2 wrs who will surpass him. Along with Shakir absorbing his targets too.

15 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Draft a WR round 1. OT second RD.

If Bijan Robinson is there in the first you have to take him we’re talking Saquon Barkley type ability

Lineman in the top two pics and another one by pick four

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't see Davis ever getting WR2 targets again. We'll draft or sign at least 2 wrs who will surpass him. Along with Shakir absorbing his targets too.

I personally think they Gabe Davis is going to be better next year if you know other reason he’s in a contract year

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If Bijan Robinson is there in the first you have to take him we’re talking Saquon Barkley type ability

Lineman in the top two pics and another one by pick four

I personally think they Gabe Davis is going to be better next year if you know other reason he’s in a contract year

I doubt he flips a switch for his contract year. He's a career 54% catch rate guy who is inconsistent with focus lapses.  9 drops and a 51% rate this year are god awful numbers.  That 4 td KC game was a complete  outlier.  I honestly think the organization is going to slide him into a wr3 role and his targets will reflect that. We'll have to find our wr2 somewhere else.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

After all, we only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract. And McKenzie will most likely be a cap casualty. That leaves only 3 WR's on the roster.

Diggs is #1. End of story. Don't replace Davis in the sense of getting rid of him. But he should at least be sharing reps with a more reliable WR, if not moved down the depth chart in favor of one completely. 

That leaves just Khalil Shakir. He showed some real promise as a Rookie and hopefully will continue to grow as McKenzie's replacement in the slot.

Trade Davis and get some draft picks. The guy had 93 targets and caught 48 of them. He was pretty bad last year. The eye ball test is all you really need here. Obviously, the Bills need better from their #2WR. 

Next year Davis is going to want to get paid. Some team will pay him. The Bills shouldn't. 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Trade Davis and get some draft picks. The guy had 93 targets and caught 48 of them. He was pretty bad last year. The eye ball test is all you really need here. Obviously, the Bills need better from their #2WR. 

Next year Davis is going to want to get paid. Some team will pay him. The Bills shouldn't. 

I see Davis and Oliver very similar.  Capable of a big game here & there but no consistency at all. Love to trade both but would teams give you much?  Probably not what our FO would expect. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see Davis and Oliver very similar.  Capable of a big game here & there but no consistency at all. Love to trade both but would teams give you much?  Probably not what our FO would expect. 

I would actually trade Oliver over Davis because he would get more

Over $10 million in cap space

Probably at least the third round pick or a second and a fifth

They’re not trading both

Trade Oliver bring in a veteran, solid, three tech and draft one

Use that $10 million in cap space on the office of line

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree. I'm thinking Oliver has some decent trade value. He was a top ten pick and has decent production. I'm sure a team would think they can get more out of him than the Bills. 

Davis I'm not really sure about. His numbers do fall into many WR #2 on other teams. The numbers aren't the whole story with Gabe. I can't help but think how good Davis would be on a Andy Reid offense or even the Jags. 

I guess you have to ask what's the value of both guys on the team and what's the return. 

Oliver would certainly create a hole that needs to be filled. Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm ok with it. Same with Edmunds. This D doesn't so up in the playoffs so why bother. Both Edmunds and Oliver did nothing in that Cinci game. Fraizer should be gone but that's another topic. 

I'd get rid of them get some something and allocate that money to the offense. 

Davis is a pretty poor number two receiver. If they Bills can land a legit reliable number 2 then Davis probably can be more effective as a secondary weapon. 

There is a lot to ponder for Beane. It will be interesting to see what kind of angle of attack they have. Their moves will be crucial for the upcoming season. 

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.