How bad were the Bills receivers this year? Hint really really bad

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Maybe percentage of drops to targets would be a better measure. Are Diggs drop numbers high because the Bills are a pass-happy team that doesn’t share the spread out targets equitably among tight ends, backs, and other receivers? 
Raw stats can be misleading without a broad understanding. 
Maybe Diggs is guilty of a high percentage of drops, but that’s not my memory of his 2022 performance. 

Good point. I would consider KC, Cincy, Bills to be pass happy teams. Maybe even Miami. What I found interesting is KC, LAC, JAX, BILLS have 2 players on the list and they made the playoffs, with KC winning the SB. If I dug down to 5 drops, CINCY joins the list. This is why I asked why panties are in a bunch over this tweet. Seems like an overreaction to a tweet by someone who tried to defend ANY criticism of Josh. Some here just took the tweet and piled on. It’s not as big of a deal as he and some here make it out to be. Only one team wins it all. That doesn’t mean the rest just suck. If you were new here and not a Bills fan, you would think we suck. Again, overreaction by quite a few here. 
2nd in points per game 

2nd in yds per game 

2nd to the SB champs in KC. 
I would have thought people would have calmed down by now and actually have perspective. 
Edit: as to Diggs, I read somewhere on a TBD thread this was a down year for him as far as drop percentage. 

Edited by Dopey

On 2/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Culmination of things. New OC, Oline changes, Josh hurting his elbow, wr had too many drops, keeping Knox in as a blocker instead of being an extra weapon more than in the past. Multiple injuries to the D and one heck of a challenging year on and off the field.

Even with all of that, we were 13-3, won the division and a playoff game. May not have ended the way we would have liked,  but you've got to give the entire team credit for hanging tough and achieving what they did under the circumstances. 

I am confident with a couple of small tweaks and some people gaining some experience,  we will be right back in the mix of things this year. 😁

Damn straight. Bills might well have over achieved !

and for those that think i am a Josh hater ( I am certainly not )

We most likely over achieved because of him honestly.

still meat on that bone though :)

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Seems like you need some perspective… Yea. Josh could use some refinement to his game…. He’s still a top 3 performer at the most important position on the team in all of sports…. Hence the top rankings across the board offensively. His supporting cast is mediocre to bottom half of the league… not sure why this point goes right over your head. 

so harsh.
the issues are all of the above ^^^^
The Team needs to get its proverbial sht together

On 2/26/2023 at 7:26 AM, First Round Bust said:

not sent cuz I hate Diggs, just the opposite, and just the facts from the Athletic article:

Diggs tied for the NFL lead in drops with nine, his most since Pro Football Focus began tracking them in 2019. Diggs’ drop percentage (6) ranked 22nd among wideouts with 25 catches, but it was his worst rate with Buffalo and more than twice as bad as in 2021, when he dropped just four passes, 2.5 percent of his targets.

Diggs, Davis and McKenzie each dropped a ball while losing to the Minnesota Vikings in Week 10.

Some of this has to be on Allen. He throws a real fastball and unfortunately he doesn't get leading his receivers so they can do their thing in YAC. Not sure how much of this was on his elbow, but over the years, it looks like many of his passes need his receivers to make spectacular grabs because they are too high or wide, even when a normal pass will do. Also it's cold in Buffalo. Catching those heavy fastballs widely thrown can't be a picnic. With Allen, it's all the marbles in the sandlot or nothing at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.