National Day of Hate

ChiGoose

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Because in this day and age this is the exact type of photo that would go viral. If there were anti semitic language it’s hate speech and requires a police report. Surely someone else would have reported it right? Why wasn’t a ranger called to take it down?  So many questions I’m beginning to think this is a figment of imagination. 

i found this  https://www.heyalma.com/i-wore-a-kippah-for-a-week-at-my-college-in-appalachia/.  Not sure about legal action.  Local law enforcement may well be ambivalent in such areas.  don't know, don't live there.  In MTG's district or similar, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  i have no plans to hike there.

this one https://theappalachianonline.com/nazi-flag-raised-outside-temple-of-the-high-country-campus-and-community-respond/ apparently had a police report.

I suggest you quell your burning interest with google.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

i found this  https://www.heyalma.com/i-wore-a-kippah-for-a-week-at-my-college-in-appalachia/.  Not sure about legal action.  Local law enforcement may well be ambivalent in such areas.  don't know, don't live there.  In MTG's district or similar, it wouldn't surprise me in the least

To be clear…anti semitism exists. Some of the largest growing offenders are African Americans. 

You’re telling me that you saw a flier recruiting nazis and simply did nothing? You rage on here about all these nazi groups with hundreds of members nationally and you didn’t even take a picture? This would verify everything you’ve raged on here about and you couldn’t take less than 5 seconds to snap a pic let alone call a park ranger or police? You don’t even need to have them come out you can file one online. 

We’ve lived in our Rv for  a few years now, been to a couple dozens national parks, countless state parks and hiked them all. One thing I know is this community and that they would not stand for this and there would be evidence of this somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i found this  https://www.heyalma.com/i-wore-a-kippah-for-a-week-at-my-college-in-appalachia/.  Not sure about legal action.  Local law enforcement may well be ambivalent in such areas.  don't know, don't live there.  In MTG's district or similar, it wouldn't surprise me in the least

I found this in the story, ostensibly about NAZI’S running amok, you linked:

It did not go the way I expected, but in the best way possible.

I definitely noticed a few extra stares from random students, but wearing a kippah seemed to make me more approachable to the casual onlooker. A peer in one of my classes asked about Yom Kippur and what holidays were coming up for me — not from a place of malice, but genuine curiosity and a wish to learn. Strangers who were vaguely familiar with the Hebrew calendar and its timing wished me a “happy holiday,” even if they did not know exactly which holiday I was celebrating.

You are so desperate to cling to your outrage at people that have political perspectives different from your own that you just throw any old sh*t at the wall. Starting to doubt your UVA faculty claims as you are making yourself look simple here. 

As another poster just suggested - stay in your lane. The lane in which you smear someone as an Uncle Tom seems like the one you are most comfortable in. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I found this in the story, ostensibly about NAZI’S running amok, you linked:

It did not go the way I expected, but in the best way possible.

I definitely noticed a few extra stares from random students, but wearing a kippah seemed to make me more approachable to the casual onlooker. A peer in one of my classes asked about Yom Kippur and what holidays were coming up for me — not from a place of malice, but genuine curiosity and a wish to learn. Strangers who were vaguely familiar with the Hebrew calendar and its timing wished me a “happy holiday,” even if they did not know exactly which holiday I was celebrating.

You are so desperate to cling to your outrage at people that have political perspectives different from your own that you just throw any old sh*t at the wall. Starting to doubt your UVA faculty claims as you are making yourself look simple here. 

As another poster just suggested - stay in your lane. The lane in which you smear someone as an Uncle Tom seems like the one you are most comfortable in. 

Guess you missed this part 

My school, nestled in the Appalachian mountains of North Carolina, has a small Jewish population. But, like clockwork, around the Jewish High Holidays, anti-Semitic stickers in the form of photoshopped Nazi propaganda have surfaced on my campus for the past two years.

And the anti-Semitic stickers aren’t the first problem our Jewish community has had to deal with. Graffiti swastikas have been found on campus (along with other racist and anti-immigrant graffiti). In the early morning hours of the Trump inauguration on January 20, 2017, the local synagogue was vandalized.

the second link I produced was from an incident at Appalachian state, famous for beating Michigan in football in a recent year.  I suspect the author of the first post is also at Appalachian state but can't confirm.  btw, I've been to Boone.  Nice town and seems to lean progressive due to the university being there and its proximity to Asheville which is even more lovely imo

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Guess you missed this part 

My school, nestled in the Appalachian mountains of North Carolina, has a small Jewish population. But, like clockwork, around the Jewish High Holidays, anti-Semitic stickers in the form of photoshopped Nazi propaganda have surfaced on my campus for the past two years.

And the anti-Semitic stickers aren’t the first problem our Jewish community has had to deal with. Graffiti swastikas have been found on campus (along with other racist and anti-immigrant graffiti). In the early morning hours of the Trump inauguration on January 20, 2017, the local synagogue was vandalized.

the second link I produced was from an incident at Appalachian state, famous for beating Michigan in football in a recent year.  I suspect the author of the first post is also at Appalachian state but can't confirm.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-crime-threats/u-s-israeli-man-sentenced-in-israel-over-global-bomb-threats-idUSKCN1NR160

remember when they blamed this on trump?

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i found this  https://www.heyalma.com/i-wore-a-kippah-for-a-week-at-my-college-in-appalachia/.  Not sure about legal action.  Local law enforcement may well be ambivalent in such areas.  don't know, don't live there.  In MTG's district or similar, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  i have no plans to hike there.

this one https://theappalachianonline.com/nazi-flag-raised-outside-temple-of-the-high-country-campus-and-community-respond/ apparently had a police report.

I suggest you quell your burning interest with google.

what trail was it? I’m gonna call the local police and file a report.at least call and see if anyone reported it. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

no i don't.  so you're saying this guy is responsible for all nazi propaganda and intimidation?  I'm certainly not saying trump is but he clearly enabled it.  They seem to be drawn to affluent, progressive university towns like Charlottesville.  Why do you think that is?  Serious question.

Edited by redtail hawk

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no i don't.  so you're saying this guy is responsible for all nazi propaganda and intimidation?  I'm certainly not saying trump is but he clearly enabled it.  They seem to be drawn to affluent, progressive university towns like Charlottesville.  Why do you think that is?  Serious question.

no I’m saying quite often it’s not just right wingers that are anti semitic. I mean trumps main confidant and daughter are Jewish. He moved the embassy and was very friendly to Israel yet the left wanted to constantly project him as being anti semitic.

Give me the name of the trail with the nazis. Please 

17 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

no I’m saying quite often it’s not just right wingers that are anti semitic. I mean trumps main confidant and daughter are Jewish. He moved the embassy and was very friendly to Israel yet the left wanted to constantly project him as being anti semitic.

Give me the name of the trail with the nazis. Please 

no.  your excessive interest is suspicious.  I've cited several documented episodes.  why not debate the meaning of those?

Edited by redtail hawk

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I'm certainly not saying trump is but he clearly enabled it.  They seem to be drawn to affluent, progressive university towns like Charlottesville.  Why do you think that is?  Serious question.

I'm not sure what you are claiming here, but Charlottesville is a typical university left leaning community.

In no way does it attract Nazis.

The entire brouhaha was brought about by one guy inviting a bunch of people from other parts of the country.

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

no.  your excessive interest is suspicious.

Because your claim is complete bull####. It didn’t happen just admit it. In this day and age with all the social media there would be proof. You won’t provide it cause it doesn’t exist. There is a thread on here showing people who make up false racism claims and this is now part of that. We have enough racism in the world that we don’t need made up bull####. You should be banned for this it’s disgusting 

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

I'm not sure what you are claiming here, but Charlottesville is a typical university left leaning community.

In no way does it attract Nazis.

The entire brouhaha was brought about by one guy inviting a bunch of people from other parts of the country.

drawn to cause unrest or intimidation.  Is it my writing or your reading?  why did they choose Charlottesville?  u think it was random?

Edited by redtail hawk

I hate Illinois Nazis.  I'm surprised they are still around since their leader wad dropped by helicopter into Lake Michigan back around 1980. 

I'm surprised retail hawk hasn't tried to jackhammer the swasticas out of door in tha Eicott Square Building (built in the 1890s). Yes, they are there, but in the opposite direction. They are an ancient symbol and with the  Navaho (I think) it represented the sun.  Hitler appropriated it and flipped the direction.

I remember back when the .22 caIIber kier was active in Buffalo back in around 1980. He killed severe back men  allover the area. Cpuldn't catch him because he had enlisted in the Army and was in Ft. Banning, GA. A large group of black people were having a rally at Niagara Square to  protest the cops not finding him yet.  Posters went up downtown that there ws goin to be a Nazi rally there too.  Turns out the "Nazis" were one fat white guy probably around 19 years old with a megaphone. 

Edited by Wacka

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no.  your excessive interest is suspicious.

how about the Facebook group for the local hiking community? Surely someone on there would have taken a picture? Come on man you have a chance here to prove us all wrong about this. Prove it 

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

how about the Facebook group for the local hiking community? Surely someone on there would have taken a picture? Come on man you have a chance here to prove us all wrong about this. Prove it 

I already did.

ignored.

but before I go here's another recent event documented on film:    maybe @Orlando Tim would like to comment.  why are these guys ashamed of their own identities?

Edited by redtail hawk

Since we are all against Nazis here, does this mean that the US government will condemn their support for the Neo Nazi backed Ukrainian government that we helped overthrow their democratically elected government?

Can’t have it both ways…You can’t support Nazis when it is beneficial, and be against them when it is not…People can see through that stuff…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I already did.

ignored.

but before I go here's another recent event documented on film:    maybe @Orlando Tim would like to comment.  why are these guys ashamed of their own identities?

You are sharing unrelated links to your claim. Just because there are these hate groups elsewhere doesn’t mean your claim you saw a recruiting poster is real.  I’m asking you to prove it. You’ve completely made up a ridiculous claim and can’t back it up despite you being so terrified of nazi groups that you couldn’t be bothered to take a photo.  Just admit you made it up. 

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Since we are all against Nazis here, does this mean that the US government will condemn their support for the Neo Nazi backed Ukrainian government that we helped overthrow their democratically elected government?

Can’t have it both ways…You can’t support Nazis when it is beneficial, and not support them when it is not…People can see through that stuff

you mean like in El Salvador or Nicaragua

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

drawn to cause unrest or intimidation.  Is it my writing or your reading?  why did they choose Charlottesville?  u think it was random?

First, let's lose the "my reading" thing.

In the past few hours you have posted something that is completely not true, (the border exchanges in South/Central America claim), and misquoted me by claiming a quote, deleting what I said, and inserting something else, and then questioning on it.

It is not my reading comprehension.

It is trying to keep up with your mistakes that is the issue.

To your question, I am not sure how much familiarity you have with this.

There was a move, prompted by a high school girl who claimed she was upset by a statue that had been in place for decades.

Decent folks on both sides argued about removing it, as is normal in a civilized society. (Thus the Trump quote).

A single lunatic galvanized the mass of white supremacist lunatics to visit the place and protest, almost all from way out of the area.

They organized an idiotic torch march the night before that inflamed the normal people here.

The state and city police totally mishandled the situation and you got one car driving into a crowd.

That individual has been convicted and sentenced to life.

That's the truth of the story.

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

First, let's lose the "my reading" thing.

In the past few hours you have posted something that is completely not true, (the border exchanges in South/Central America claim), and misquoted me by claiming a quote, deleting what I said, and inserting something else, and then questioning on it.

It is not my reading comprehension.

It is trying to keep up with your mistakes that is the issue.

To your question, I am not sure how much familiarity you have with this.

There was a move, prompted by a high school girl who claimed she was upset by a statue that had been in place for decades.

Decent folks on both sides argued about removing it, as is normal in a civilized society. (Thus the Trump quote).

A single lunatic galvanized the mass of white supremacist lunatics to visit the place and protest, almost all from way out of the area.

They organized an idiotic torch march the night before that inflamed the normal people here.

The state and city police totally mishandled the situation and you got one car driving into a crowd.

That individual has been convicted and sentenced to life.

That's the truth of the story.

statues were removed in other places without prompting nazi demonstrations.  why Charlottesville in particular?  Why often at other progressive, affluent areas?  u seem unwilling to break with the chorus.  I'll give my theory but you can likely already guess it.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

statues were removed in other places without prompting nazi demonstrations.  why Charlottesville in particular?  Why often at other progressive, affluent areas?  u seem unwilling to break with the chorus.  I'll give my theory but you can likely already guess it.

They were drawn to Charlottesville because the group had achieved what is called critical mass.

The neo Nazi/white supremacist movement had made it to a point where they wanted to be heard. 

It was timing.

Had nothing to do with Charlottesville, which was a great, community.

People convicted and sentenced, police at the state and local level removed.

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

They were drawn to Charlottesville because the group had achieved what is called critical mass.

The neo Nazi/white supremacist movement had made it to a point where they wanted to be heard. 

It was timing.

Had nothing to do with Charlottesville, which was a great, community.

People convicted and sentenced, police at the state and local level removed.

We'll have to disagree.  I've given other examples of intimidation in affluent, progressive areas.  I don't believe it's a coincidence.  the part I bolded in your post is the most disturbing

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Have we figured out that this day of hate nonsense is an ADL fabrication to get people to care about anti-semitism?

yeah, this guy sure looks like an ADL member

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-orlando-extremist-arrested-baltimore-attack-brandon-russell-20230206-drddolqwuvhkzlnbfmsm5bsc7a-story.html

Edited by redtail hawk

Speaking of the ADL, we must once again remind everyone that Leo Frank raped and murdered 13 year old Mary Phegan, was convicted by a jury of his peers for the same and sentenced to die. 

The response to a Georgia jury having the gall to send a rapist pedophile where he belongs was to form the ADL. 

Update - I saw a crowd of white people gathering in the main part of town. I immediately thought this was my chance to finally see real NAZIS but it turned out to be a craft show. Starting to think I’ve been duped on the whole NAZIS are everywhere thing. Maybe they are avid hikers and I’m just looking in the wrong places. 

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

We'll have to disagree.  I've given other examples of intimidation in affluent, progressive areas.  I don't believe it's a coincidence.

Think whatever you want.

It's got nothing to do with "affluent, progressive areas."

It has far more to do with what the local govs will allow protest permit wise, and guidance to local police, which was the tragedy in C'ville. 

I live here.

I watched this thing happen, and all the post event legal proceedings, including knowing some of the people who were involved in those.

I drove through the area an hour before, where the neo's/white supremacist were staging, and was stopped as they were allowed to cross the street on their way four blocks down from the "event," about an hour before it happened.

It was shocking, and not something remotely connected to this community.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

I propose we use this thread to report all of our NAZI sightings today. So far I have seen none but based on the fine work the SPLC does in tracking NAZI organizations I suspect I will be seeing quite a few out and about as I run Saturday errands. My understanding is that they are everywhere.

Will report back with the day’s NAZI interactions. 

i asked my deli guy if he could please cut my ham wafer thin. the SOB gave me the racist ok 👌🏻 hand gesture. i smashed a bottle of katchup held the shard as as weopon and screamed. you aren't indoctrinating me today buddy! security demanded I was the one who should leave!? now i know the entire jiffy mart is built on systemic. ill be in the parking lot holding the sign all weekend if anyone else want to fight this evil.

46 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i asked my deli guy if he could please cut my ham wafer thin. the SOB gave me the racist ok 👌🏻 hand gesture. i smashed a bottle of katchup held the shard as as weopon and screamed. you aren't indoctrinating me today buddy! security demanded I was the one who should leave!? now i know the entire jiffy mart is built on systemic. ill be in the parking lot holding the sign all weekend if anyone else want to fight this evil.

I’m currently in full camo posted at an undisclosed trailhead looking for nazis posting recruiting posters. Lots of people with phones out taking selfies not sure if they’re sharing with their nazi friends or not 

31 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m currently in full camo posted at an undisclosed trailhead looking for nazis posting recruiting posters. Lots of people with phones out taking selfies not sure if they’re sharing with their nazi friends or not 

good work my friend. dont let that male pattern baldness excuse fly..those are skinheads and remember our solmn vow. it is not enough to not be a racist. you must be activley ANTI racist! so if they are just standing there not calling it out. they are the enemy. good luck soldier. bag me 10 nazi scalps or dont come back 😂🤣😅

• Haha (+1) 1

Just left Bass Pro shops. Super nice people. Didn’t see a single wife beater shirt and the salesman was excellent. So no nazis.  I think their merging with Cabellas was good. Bps fishing combos aren’t as good tho. But I’ve been watching any power substations we’ve passed. They could be wearing camo

Edited by redtail hawk

Just left the gym. Mostly white people and plenty of tattoos along with a number of non-athletes doing all kinds of awkward things but nary a single goose-stepper in the bunch. Hate day seems like a dud. These people that see NAZIS around every corner sure don’t live in my neck of the woods. 

21 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Saw this going around here in Chicago and it looks like it may not be limited to just the Illinois Nazis:

Hopefully it’s overblown and these losers just keep losing and embarrassing themselves but be vigilant this weekend and stay safe just the same.  

Truly this is simply so that the police in Illinois can get a win- they are failing on every other measurable standard so make a standard that they can't lose. My friend used to call out politicians about their "magical tiger repelling spoons". If people don't see Nazis this weekend then the cops did their job, and I have never seen a Nazi in person 

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Just left Bass Pro shops. Super nice people. Didn’t see a single wife beater shirt and the salesman was excellent. So no nazis.  I think their merging with Cabellas was good. Bps fishing combos aren’t as good tho. But I’ve been watching any power substations we’ve passed. They could be wearing camo

we can’t even count on you to call the police, take pictures or even take down nazi recruitment flyers in your imagination let alone real life.  You’re inaction has allowed nazis to recruit hikers all over. 

• Haha (+1) 2