Season Tickets going up 12%

spartan19

My advice stay home make PSE earn your hard earned money with all our sports teams. Forget about the Buffalo sports media they don’t know what they are talking about. Expect more from the Buffalo Bills and all our Buffalo sports team. I never give a Buffalo sports team a pass I expect winning period. The Buffalo Bills haven’t won a championship since 1965 that is embarrassing not a dime from me for season tickets until the Buffalo Bills give more than they do. Electric heating and some lighting isn’t giving more. I will buy Buffalo Bills season tickets even though I am not healthy enough to go anymore. I will just give the tickets to family when the Buffalo Bills have a Minnesota Vikings stadium domed and in downtown Buffalo where the Buffalo Bills belong so Buffalo finally has a normal city with real positive outlook and future instead of the pretend positive outlook our elites in Western New York are offering Buffalo no thanks to the Buffalo Bills season tickets in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

wait til the new stadium pricing kicks in.....less seats, more revenue = significant price increase

Maybe if the Buffalo Bills can find enough Bills fans interested. I am a hardcore Buffalo Bills fan and said no more Buffalo Bills season tickets after Drew Bledsoe left Buffalo. It was the best decision I ever made sports wise. Again the Buffalo Bills can ask whatever price it doesn’t mean they are going to get it. I question the Buffalo Bills are going to get 50,000 season tickets holders at the prices I am expecting in the new Bills stadium. Because I think this new Bills stadium is going to be more for the players luxury like locker rooms and administrative offices along with football facilities lounges for recruiting NFL free agents. Not really much for the Bills fans in the new Bills stadium the money is going to administration type stuff not the Bills fans we are paying for the stuff weather we want to or not if you live in New York State once if you live in Erie County twice. Our Bills dome went into player demands that is why they were asked what they wanted. The Bills players don’t care what Bills fans get. They just want the money and the luxury facilities. I wouldn’t pay a dime with no dome. To drive across town from the north towns to get to Highmark Stadium to get out of the van to freeze no thank you. I don’t think I going to be the only one saying that. PSE was shortsighted and we are going to see that play out overtime unfortunately.

I think the Buffalo Bills tickets will be hyped and 50,000 will be gone but selling the other 12,000 is going to be hard. That 50,000 isn’t just season tickets in the new stadium that is everything sold paying customers. Then 12,000 will be papering the house so the Buffalo Bills organization can sell the see Charlie and Mary Bills fan are there don’t you want to be there too? Than the Buffalo Bills organization starts to cry three years into the new Bills stadium we need the numbers to improve we are offering not season tickets or season memberships no we are offering Bills Mafia family memberships just pay the season tickets and PSL and we will give you Billy Buffalo Bucks for the Buffalo Bills concession and team store isn’t that wonderful? Do you have a dome stadium overlooking Buffalo? No. Oh no thank you my house looks better and it has a dome so I am warm and I don’t buy tickets or PSL’s. Orchard Park isn’t scenic and no dome to stay warm. What the Bills are asking is for you to get up and elbow your way into a heated Bills lounge to warm up which is ridiculous. A dome Bills fans don’t have that problem.

The problem is going to be one the higher prices and two the no dome stadium. Bills fans are going to realize I can tailgate with my family and friends at home not freezing along with saving a lot of money. Good PSE and NFL you made a bad stadium choice offering the same experience just about for a lot more money for the Bills fans that we already get now. One thing about Buffalo and Western New York there not stupid people most can see PSE what they are offering for the price is very underwhelming for the Bills fan in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Solution: Don’t go the games, and don’t support the team. Other than that I don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Simple Math: If the billionaire pays for the entire stadium, then those few in attendance are going to have pay WAY more to sit in it. 

Being disingenuous is not a virtue.  You very well understand the legitimate criticisms of that deal.  They aren't obscure, nor are they not widely discussed.

Anyway, Certainly this isn't an argument over all or nothing--attack that straw man until he drops if you wish, I guess.  But the point of this thread is that, even with essentially no personal money laid out---actually,  BECAUSE of this--those in attendance are going to be paying WAY more (price increase plus PSL) to sit in it.

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I mean there aren't limitless seats so there is something preventing them from the number of season tickets they sell.

Looks like it is rocket science to some.

well, I was hinting that they could sell a finite number that is less than the current number.

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Being disingenuous is not a virtue.  You very well understand the legitimate criticisms of that deal.  They aren't obscure, nor are they not widely discussed.

Anyway, Certainly this isn't an argument over all or nothing--attack that straw man until he drops if you wish, I guess.  But the point of this thread is that, even with essentially no personal money laid out---actually,  BECAUSE of this--those in attendance are going to be paying WAY more (price increase plus PSL) to sit in it.

well, I was hinting that they could sell a finite number that is less than the current number.

Weo

My point is a simple one, and not the least bit disingenuous. If the Billionaire had indeed paid for all of it, those in attendance would pay for all of it.  That is how every business works. The same is true when you eat at a restaurant. The cost to construct the restaurant is built into the price of your dinner....no?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The problem is going to be one the higher prices and two the no dome stadium. Bills fans are going to realize I can tailgate with my family and friends at home not freezing along with saving a lot of money. Good PSE and NFL you made a bad stadium choice offering the same experience just about for a lot more money for the Bills fans that we already get now. One thing about Buffalo and Western New York there not stupid people most can see PSE what they are offering for the price is very underwhelming for the Bills fan in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The no dome stadium thing is what I never understood. It's been what I have been saying all along. The new stadium is just an upgrade to what's already there but will higher ticket prices. 

They have a hard time now selling tickets in December and January and this is while the team is good. For a playoff game there is no reason that many Bengals fans should be in attendance. 

41 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The no dome stadium thing is what I never understood. It's been what I have been saying all along. The new stadium is just an upgrade to what's already there but will higher ticket prices. 

They have a hard time now selling tickets in December and January and this is while the team is good. For a playoff game there is no reason that many Bengals fans should be in attendance. 

It sucked seeing that many Bengals fans there but that's also just the nature of the resale market.  If that game was played in Cincinnati there would have been just as many Bills fans invading their turf. 

10 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It sucked seeing that many Bengals fans there but that's also just the nature of the resale market.  If that game was played in Cincinnati there would have been just as many Bills fans invading their turf. 

They tells me the kind of fans season ticket holders are now. I can understand selling some tickets to get money. I have always thought that being a season ticket holder was cause you were a fan of the team. Why get season tickets to sell of the most important games of the season. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

They tells me the kind of fans season ticket holders are now. I can understand selling some tickets to get money. I have always thought that being a season ticket holder was cause you were a fan of the team. Why get season tickets to sell of the most important games of the season. 

Some people buy up season tickets strictly to resell them to make a profit(and yes those are not the true fans of the team) but I'm sure that is the case in every market.  

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Some people buy up season tickets strictly to resell them to make a profit(and yes those are not the true fans of the team) but I'm sure that is the case in every market.  

I think they're are fewer of those people than you realize. What you do have are season ticket holders who sell some games to offset the cost of being a season ticket holder.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Weo

My point is a simple one, and not the least bit disingenuous. If the Billionaire had indeed paid for all of it, those in attendance would pay for all of it.  That is how every business works. The same is true when you eat at a restaurant. The cost to construct the restaurant is built into the price of your dinner....no?

More like the cost of debt service. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Weo

True, but..No one is arguing that he should have paid for all of it, so that's a point not worth making.  

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

True, but..No one is arguing that he should have paid for all of it, so that's a point not worth making.  

Yes, I indeed went to the far end of the spectrum to drive home the point. I was hoping it would clarify the issue. Apparently it didn’t. Carry on! 

New stadium will price me out. We have 3 yrs left before then right? The traffic next season is going to be insane with the construction of the new stadium happening as we're attending games...I'm not quite they're worth it even now at that price. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1

This is the last year they can probably raise prices in the current stadium. The team is heading into regression mode and the demand for tickets won’t be as high as it was last year. The tix for season is still cheaper than single-game tickets with some teams.

My bill was $3,504.00 in 2022 for 10 games (2 preseason + 8 regular). I have 4 seats. For 2023, same seats, only 9 games (1 preseason +8 regular), my bill is $4,004.00.

This is a 27% increase.

I'm renewing no matter what until the new building. I have only 3 seasons left. I'm not buying any PSL even if it's only $500/seat. I'm too old for that. My son will take over with the new stadium and pay the PSL or I will just let my seats go after close to 20 years. 

Edited by Curt
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Does anyone know how parking is going to be with the construction of the new stadium likely starting before the next regular season starts? 

I would imagine some of the private lots will be gone. IMO would be a good thing. Let only the Bills have lots. Then they can make guys like condiments man and the table slamming to be a thing of the past. 

• Dislike 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, nucci said:

are some of you really going to pay $6K-15K for a PSL? 

I wouldn't pay a PSL on plain principle, I don't care what the ticket is for.  

As it is I haven't had seasons in years and I've already transitioned to secondary market as an out-of-stater now 7-8 hours away.  There's something to be said for simply overpaying for the one or two games that you really want to go to, and keep flexible in case your schedule changes for some unforeseeable reason.  

The proposed new prices though are higher than what the secondary market was pricing them at this past season though.  As someone pointed out, that's with Allen.  What happens when Allen's no longer around.  People still going to pay that, particularly if we enter another "Last 20 Years" phase.  

On 2/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, Gregg said:

Some of the PSL fees at MetLife in the lower level start at $2,500 per seat and can go as high as $25,000 per seat. But the Jets and Giants have the NYC market to draw from. Corporations or the extremely wealthy can afford to pay that but the average person can't. Some of these prices are crazy for a PSL fee. Add in the fact that the regular cost for season tickets has also gone up. They have to spread out the payments over 5,10,15 years otherwise most people are priced out.

Indeed.  They also have a population base about 20 times what Erie County's is, split between two NFL teams, nevertheless.  

7 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

New stadium will price me out. We have 3 yrs left before then right? The traffic next season is going to be insane with the construction of the new stadium happening as we're attending games...I'm not quite they're worth it even now at that price. 

Been wondering that myself, there's no way that they make that traffic situation palatable.  That's gotta impact (remove) 20% or so of the total normal parking availability, possibly more.  

5 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Does anyone know how parking is going to be with the construction of the new stadium likely starting before the next regular season starts? 

Good question, but given that the 50 YL Flag is smack in the middle of Lot 4, and given that the current stadium takes up the footprint of approximately Lot 4, I'd say that Lot 4 will be entirely unavailable.  

I would imagine that they can "tidy up" on Fridays before gamedays and consolidate all of the equipment in an area, but still ... 

51 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I wouldn't pay a PSL on plain principle, I don't care what the ticket is for.  

As it is I haven't had seasons in years and I've already transitioned to secondary market as an out-of-stater now 7-8 hours away.  There's something to be said for simply overpaying for the one or two games that you really want to go to, and keep flexible in case your schedule changes for some unforeseeable reason.  

The proposed new prices though are higher than what the secondary market was pricing them at this past season though.  As someone pointed out, that's with Allen.  What happens when Allen's no longer around.  People still going to pay that, particularly if we enter another "Last 20 Years" phase.  

Good point. Allen will be in his 10th season when stadium opens

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.