Brett Favre suing Shannon Sharpe and Pat McAfee🤣

Dablitzkrieg

On 2/9/2023 at 9:01 PM, Andy1 said:

Farve is an idiot. He’s trying to change the narrative about his behavior.

I’m not real familiar with the allegations regarding Farve, or the public statements made by Sharpe and McAfee, but if those guys publicly stated that Favre engaged in massive welfare fraud, and he did not actually do so, then he would potentially have a very strong, and very lucrative claim against them for defamation.

Edited by mannc
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m not real familiar with the allegations regarding Farve, or the public statements made by Sharpe and McAfee, but if those guys publicly stated that Favre engaged in massive welfare fraud, and he did not actually do so, then he would potentially have a very strong, and very lucrative claim against them for defamation.

true, but he did. and it voluntarily lead to more evidence (bad texts) coming to light lol pompous level of arrogance to make this kinda mistake

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

So if I'm reading this right you're saying you haven't looked into this at all but if Brett Farve's legal claim is true then his lawsuit has a good case....🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

true, but he did. and it voluntarily lead to more evidence (bad texts) coming to light lol pompous level of arrogance to make this kinda mistake

From the little I’ve read, the allegations against Farve are pretty complex and he’s not been criminally charged, which you would expect if he had engaged in a massive fraud scheme. It’s entirely possible that he did not defraud anyone, in which case Sharpe and McAfee may be in some serious legal jeopardy.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So if I'm reading this right you're saying you haven't looked into this at all but if Brett Farve's legal claim is true then his lawsuit has a good case....🤔

More or less.  The reaction here seems to be that Farve’s lawsuit is laughable, if not frivolous. I think that judgment is entirely premature.

• Disagree 2

On 3/8/2023 at 2:47 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Favre turning this into a Barbara Streisand Effect, drawing even more attention to his misdeeds and only garnering more support for McAfee.

I care about Brett Favre as much as I do about Pat McAfee.

But this Barbara Streisand Effect you spoke of was foreign to me, until now.

Very interesting.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477nb1juqa8da7yijfis

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

More or less.  The reaction here seems to be that Farve’s lawsuit is laughable, if not frivolous. I think that judgment is entirely premature.

You should look into this case more.

Favre is going to look like more of an idiot than he already does by the time it's all said and done.  He should see jail time, actually.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 5

32 minutes ago, mannc said:

From the little I’ve read, the allegations against Farve are pretty complex and he’s not been criminally charged, which you would expect if he had engaged in a massive fraud scheme. It’s entirely possible that he did not defraud anyone, in which case Sharpe and McAfee may be in some serious legal jeopardy.

So Mcafee has reported on the story and always used the word "allegedly" when speaking on the story. Bunch of people have or are about to be sentenced with one guy getting essentially life in prison as he would be in his 90s when he got out. Favre is trying to play the dumb card as if he didn't know what happened was illegal but just because you don't know something is illegal doesn't mean you don't get arrested. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

just because you don't know something is illegal doesn't mean you don't get arrested. 

But he did know, and his text messages prove he was trying to find a loophole. I’m sure he felt like people with his status get away with this sort of thing all the time and he could as well. He probably is right about the former but wrong about the latter.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So Mcafee has reported on the story and always used the word "allegedly" when speaking on the story. Bunch of people have or are about to be sentenced with one guy getting essentially life in prison as he would be in his 90s when he got out. Favre is trying to play the dumb card as if he didn't know what happened was illegal but just because you don't know something is illegal doesn't mean you don't get arrested. 

And yet Favre has not been arrested or charged... 

Typically you can see who has the weaker case by who is trying to use the “court of public opinion” vs the actual court system. 

If these were truly smoking gun texts, they’d save them for court. 

I’m always wary when lawyers start tweeting. 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by DaggersEOD

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 4:48 PM, aristocrat said:

He was forced to return the 1.1 mil he took and the investigation is still ongoing. 

Didn't he repay it preemptively to try and get out of it? 

Either way, they have him dead to rights if they want him. Let's see how many people he can buy in Mississippi now.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, mannc said:

Anytime your inclination is to say something like "I don't know anything about this, but... " then you should probably rethink it. 

26 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Didn't he repay it preemptively to try and get out of it? 

Either way, they have him dead to rights if they want him. Let's see how many people he can buy in Mississippi now.

no they had to force him to repay and he even tried to use the guy who is in prison to help him to get out of paying it. He still hasn’t paid the 250k in interest the state claims he owes

30 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Gosh, looking at Farve is like looking at a crystal ball focusing on Rodgers. Maybe they are even the same person. 

Favre sent Dick pics to girls and got them fired over it. What has arod ever done besides float retirement and just be a hippie? Let’s make sure we separate predatory and theft type behavior with a guy who just likes some fun drugs

• Like (+1) 4

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.