Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

I'm praying for Kim and all the Pegula's. We're so lucky to have them. When I heard the news, my mind took me today to the press conference with Terry and Kim when they announced Kevin Adams was the new Sabres GM (zoom call due to COVID). I was just totally impressed with their grace that day and their explanations why they went in that direction and how they wanted people who they trust, hence KA (which has proven to be the 100 percent right call). It was another side of them I saw that I was just so impressed with. It's just incredibly sad.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Wow!  Glad your doing so well.  

There's some medication that they use that is supposed to be very effective with stroke patients if they can get it into you in the first few hours or maybe even a day.  Since you were in the hospital, I'd bet you got it and that it contributed to what sounds like a great recovery.  I'm happy for it.  

If you don't mind talking about it, could you explain to us how it feels to be aphasic.  I understand the frustration level is huge, because your brain is thinking but you can't find words to say what you're thinking.  

The 'wonder  drug" is TPA (tissue plasminogen activator), a clot buster.  I don't think I got that, but I know I got heparin, a blood thinner. I got injections for several days in my abdomen, which was covered I'n bruises at  the injection site. Burned for a few seconds when injected as I remember it.  Had  a heart monitor on for over a week (had to scrub the adhesive from the leads off mt chest). 

Aphasia- your brain is working ok internally. You know exactly what you want to say but  getting the words out of that spot and to your mouth is what frustrates you. (The "tip of the tongue " phenomenon).bI knew my brain was healing when I tied my shoes with no help the day before I flew back to Buffalo. I did it without thinking that time and almost started cryingwwith happiness. You lay in bed thinking "will I be like this the rest of my life?" About a month after that I was watching Caddyshack on the TV and was repeating the lines as they were on the TV "It's in the hole!, etc.".HAd a little more trouble with names. Example-That fall they had the Snickers commercial on with the Brady Bunch and Steve Buschemi as Jan. I knew he was in Fargo and on the Sopranos but could not remember his name no matter how hard I tried. Asked my sister his name and then repeated it over and over until I could remember it. When I go food shopping for more than 2 or 3 items I need a list to not forget something. Had a mind like a steel trap before the stroke.

P.S.- didn't drive for a year.

Edited by Wacka
Site had a stroke-repeated my post 3X
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

FYI. Docs may not tell you, but being a Bills fan adds 20 points to diastolic and systolic measurements. You may need a different med dosage in season.  

Hey don't laugh. Being a Bills Fan increases blood pressure, stress, blood sugar, heart murmurs, alcoholism 🤪 etc. It's probably well documented. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hopefully the guy on this board that keeps complaining about "Not wanting to hear how the Bills had to overcome adversity" reads this article.  This goes beyond football, but Kim was a huge part of the organization, even going as far to make the players cookies.  You think that didnt weigh on them?

Keep going Kim.   You have an entire city behind you.  

Am pretty sure the details of Kim’s illness were not shared with the Bills players before so your post about it affecting the players is bit absurd . 

• Like (+1) 1

I have been certified in CPR since the early 1980's.  I have been a CPR Instructor since 1989.

I am 0 for 6 in doing CPR in the field.

For Kim's daughter to be successful in performing CPR on her Mom.....I am in awe!  What a pair of kids Kim and Terry have raised.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I've been assuming this whole time that she either suffered a drug overdose or a failed suicide attempt.  Those are usually pretty safe bets when a family is extremely tight-lipped about what's going on.  I wish they had just said earlier that she had a heart attack.

That was, in my opinion, a terrible assumption. She’s not a 15-25 year old male. There the odds might have been with you., but it would still be inappropriate , IMO.  The odds were with some type of cardiac event resulting in a long recovery, but I was just fine waiting for the family to make it public. Prayers to all, and get well Kim! 

They have every right to privacy and releasing information on their terms, at their time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I am stunned at how many terrible things this team, the staff, the players and sadly even the owner and his family went through last year. It really is beyond belief. What a shtty year! I dont believe in karma but if it exists, I think the Bills and the fans are owed some good fortune for the pain of the last year!

I'm not sure what I believe regarding karma or anything else regarding spirituality .... I just hope this beautiful woman/soul is blessed with continued healing and full recovery.

Edited by Kornfed
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, taglientep said:

same.  She was/ is the leader of the organization.  

Agree. She convinced her husband to buy the Bills.

All over the league we have heard good things about Kim.  None of the back biting others do occasionally with their "complements".

She became very active in the NFL without losing the touch she had with community and fans and the neurosis of Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

I have been certified in CPR since the early 1980's.  I have been a CPR Instructor since 1989.

I am 0 for 6 in doing CPR in the field.

For Kim's daughter to be successful in performing CPR on her Mom.....I am in awe!  What a pair of kids Kim and Terry have raised.

Thats not surprising since outside of a hospital,  CPR success rate is really low--around 10% at best.      Its not like the movies.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.