Chinese spy balloon over Montana?

Just now, JDHillFan said:

So, no thoughts. Smart. 

Why didn't Trump shoot down the balloons when they passed over the USA under his watch? 

TikTok is more of a spyware scheme than ballons are anyways. 

On 2/12/2023 at 5:01 PM, Big Blitz said:

Via the government or thru the private sector with the support of the government?  

Loss of freedoms doesn’t mean we’re put in labor camps.  

Not yet anyway.  

But you will bake that cake.  

You will accept the LGBTQJRXOPA agenda in your schools and the parents can stfu

You will get vaccinated or be fired.  

You don’t need an assault rifle (we don’t know what that means but you don’t need it

Do I really need to go on?  

Tough. You don't have the right to discriminate against your fellow American. Seethe and cope. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The USA is in chaos and turmoil because of the balloon. I tremor in fear of the balloon. All hail the balloon. How's that?

Observation: Even your beloved Biden Administration is in full blown circle the wagons mode on this topic but there you sit with your ‘nothing to see here’ partisan nonsense. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Observation: Even your beloved Biden Administration is in full blown circle the wagons mode on this topic but there you sit with your ‘nothing to see here’ partisan nonsense. 

They are, huh? 

what-huh.gif

Edited by Roundybout

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you haven’t seen virtually every top official in the administration up at the microphone this past week? I know this was Super Bowl week but come on man! 

They're taking care of business, I'm not gonna call it panic. Canada shot one down too. 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They are, huh? 

what-huh.gif

It’s all a big nothing burger. It’s not even a story anymore! 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/politics/conspiracy-theories-objects-white-house/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/pentagon-memo-canada-small-balloon/index.html

It was small and in Canada! Nobody cares! Also - it’s good they shot it down 

Just now, JDHillFan said:

It’s all a big nothing burger. It’s not even a story anymore! 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/politics/conspiracy-theories-objects-white-house/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/pentagon-memo-canada-small-balloon/index.html

It was small and in Canada! Nobody cares! Also - it’s good they shot it down 

What is the story here? Some people think it was aliens? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

That phrase doesn’t imply isn’t panic. It implies something that needs everyone’s attention. You, on the other hand, post that nobody cares…..which they clearly do.

Of course they care, that's why they're elected. They're taking care of the problem; it's not a 9/11-level, all-hands-on-deck situation that people say it is. 

I'm chilling. 

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Of course they care, that's why they're elected. They're taking care of the problem; it's not a 9/11-level, all-hands-on-deck situation that people say it is. 

I'm chilling. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/02/13/china-spying-us-biden-be-honest-balloons-flying-objects/11247473002/

Nobody cares!! 

I'm chilling. 

You literally make no sense at all. The administration clearly believes it’s an all hands on deck topic or they wouldn’t ALL be talking about. Is the world ending? Obviously not, but your nothing to see here spin isn’t even held by the current administration. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You literally make no sense at all. The administration clearly believes it’s an all hands on deck topic or they wouldn’t ALL be talking about. Is the world ending? Obviously not, but your nothing to see here spin isn’t even held by the current administration. 

No no, you misunderstand me. My point is why should I care? Why should any of us care? Let the damn government sort it all out. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

No no, you misunderstand me. My point is why should I care? Why should any of us care? Let the damn government sort it all out. 

So when you said “nobody” you meant only yourself. Thanks for clearing that up. Really nice work!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

You do realize that we just launched multiple tactical fighter planes over North America and fired weapons of warfare at unknown objects hovering over our country and Canada…right? Your response: nothing to see here. The government will “sort it out”.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You do realize that we just launched multiple tactical fighter planes over North America and fired weapons of warfare at unknown objects hovering over our country and Canada…right? Your response: nothing to see here. The government will “sort it out”.

And by the government sorting it out he means this government, led by democrats.

Something tells me that his/her/they confidence in the government sorting things out might plummet slightly if it were Republican led.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes lol our national defense keeps working and I will remain zen until something requires me to not be zen. 

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

When was that?

https://globalnews.ca/news/9480589/surveillance-balloon-canadian-forces-response/

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

And by the government sorting it out he means this government, led by democrats.

Something tells me that his/her/they confidence in the government sorting things out might plummet slightly if it were Republican led.

We spend a trillion dollars on our armed forces, it's the one thing that neither side can screw up too badly. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Yes lol our national defense keeps working and I will remain zen until something requires me to not be zen. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/9480589/surveillance-balloon-canadian-forces-response/

We spend a trillion dollars on our armed forces, it's the one thing that neither side can screw up too badly. 

You keep going back to words like panic and zen. I believe you COMPLETELY misunderstand the national discussion. But….carry on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It wasn't a Canadian fighter, it was a US F-22.

From your very own link:

"it was a U.S. F-22 that “successfully fired at the object.”

Through NORAD. Trudeau ordered it. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You keep going back to words like panic and zen. I believe you COMPLETELY misunderstand the national discussion. But….carry on. 

What is the national discussion? That Biden let a balloon in? It's already been proven that these balloons have been making their way over here for years. I'm really not surprised. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You do realize this is a political forum in which topics relating to the government are discussed, right? These things being shot down by the American military may, in some small way, relate to the government that handles the US Armed Forces. You don't care about it, that's fine. I'm sure there is a thread that you may care about somewhere on this vast message board, feel free to go there.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It wasn't a Canadian fighter, it was a US F-22.

From your very own link:

"it was a U.S. F-22 that “successfully fired at the object.”

Please don't confuse him with facts, he doesn't care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What is the national discussion? That Biden let a balloon in? It's already been proven that these balloons have been making their way over here for years. I'm really not surprised. 

Oh brother. You see no reason for people to discuss the fact that US fighter planes are firing actual missiles over North America? Really? I can’t wait to find out when it will become discussion-worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

"The government will sort it out"

UH-HUH: 

All those spy balloons have had only a ‘limited’ benefit for China, White House claims

https://fortune.com/2023/02/13/china-spy-balloons-limited-benefit-white-house-national-security-council/

If the benefit Beijing was looking for was to gauge the mettle of our commander-in-chief, those balloons have been immeasurably valuable.

• Haha (+1) 1

Trudeau authorized it.

Even in the NORAD org, Trudeau does not have the authority to "order" US engagements.

Biden did as well, and it was shot down by a US F-22.

• Like (+1) 1

Dems are always late to the party. Romney says in 2012 that Russia is our biggest geopolitical foe and they scoff ant the time, and then 4 years later they’re tear the country apart because they’re convinced the President is a Russian asset.  Now China sends a spy balloon over the US and it’s “why should I/we care?”  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Dems are always late to the party. Romney says in 2012 that Russia is our biggest geopolitical foe and they scoff ant the time, and then 4 years later they’re tear the country apart because they’re convinced the President is a Russian asset.  Now China sends a spy balloon over the US and it’s “why should I/we care?”  :rolleyes:

They did not attack us until 2016. 2012 was before 2016 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

“China is going to eat our lunch? Come on man. They’re not bad folks.” 

J. Biden 2019

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They did not attack us until 2016. 2012 was before 2016 

It’s what’s known as foresight. No doubt a concept as unfamiliar to you as it was to Saint Barack when he said to Romney “the 80s called and want their foreign policy back”. Like you several times a day on this board, he proved to be a lightweight. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s what’s known as foresight. No doubt a concept as unfamiliar to you as it was to Saint Barack when he said to Romney “the 80s called and want their foreign policy back”. Like you several times a day on this board, he proved to be a lightweight. 

I'm a lightweight? Umm..ok buddy 

And Biden is now doing a good job against Putin, who got use to being praised and pampered with Trump

Biden is not an appeaser 

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t know much about this guy (apparently a regular on a news network I rarely watch) but I found this to be the best explanation so far of what China is playing at and how it isn’t much cause for concern. The China part starts more than halfway through. The first part (Ukraine) is interesting too. 

If it wasn't much cause for concern...why shoot it down then?

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t know much about this guy (apparently a regular on a news network I rarely watch) but I found this to be the best explanation so far of what China is playing at and how it isn’t much cause for concern. The China part starts more than halfway through. The first part (Ukraine) is interesting too. 

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I didn't see anything about China or surveillance balloons, and a resume check shows absolutely nothing lending credence to a claim he would know anything about that.

He was an enlisted Navy guy who was one of the POW camp instructors, and he recently volunteered to fight in the Ukraine.

What gives him any knowledge of balloon surveillance technology?

Not that I heard him say anything about that in the link.

Edited by sherpa

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I didn't see anything about China or surveillance balloons, and a resume check shows absolutely nothing lending credence to a claim he would know anything about that.

He was an enlisted Navy guy who was one of the POW camp instructors, and he recently volunteered to fight in the Ukraine.

What gives him any knowledge of balloon surveillance technology?

Not that I heard him say anything about that in the link.

He says he was assigned to the NSA, so if he’s telling the truth he knows something about signal intelligence. 
Why shoot it down if it’s no risk? His take: because WE will learn a whole lot more about China and its surveillance programs/capabilities by shooting it down over the shallow continental shelf/ocean, where it can be easily retrieved and analyzed. That is, a whole lot more than China would have ever learned from the surveillance itself. The fact that the Navy has already retrieved the business end of the balloon lends credence to his theory (he says that part is pretty much a piece of cake for the Navy). 

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I saw this on Bill Maher Friday night. While watching I was thinking, wow, what a great opportunity for @Tiberius to put his money where his mouth is and fight against Russia. If they'll take a 60 year old man, surely they'd take him too.  What's he waiting for?

• Haha (+1) 2