CMC = Josh Allen at RB

Cuboirs

2nd, 3rd, and 4th plus a 5th next year. That's pretty steep for a RB on a high priced contract. But yes, he would have been a difference maker if we had an OC that would use him 

Saquan Barkley is available this off-season for probably similar contract and we wouldn't have to give up any draft capital...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I love how people assume cmc with Dorsey and the Bills o line would be the same player we see with Shanahan and the 49ers o line.

Cmc in our offense would be beyond pointless. I'm happy for his sake we didn't make the move. 

Yep, Dorsey barely threw to our pass catching-type backs we have, and it would've been CMC still running behind our pretty bad line.

There's no scenario where I see CMC making the difference where this season turns out any different than it did for the Bills.  

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

2nd, 3rd, and 4th plus a 5th next year. That's pretty steep for a RB on a high priced contract. But yes, he would have been a difference maker if we had an OC that would use him 

Saquan Barkley is available this off-season for probably similar contract and we wouldn't have to give up any draft capital...

And SF still has a big question at QB so who knows.  2 years straight to conf championship game and came up short

5 minutes ago, Process said:

I love how people assume cmc with Dorsey and the Bills o line would be the same player we see with Shanahan and the 49ers o line.

Cmc in our offense would be beyond pointless. I'm happy for his sake we didn't make the move. 

Not sure I'd go that far, but overall agree we don't use the running game enough.  It's more an after thought.

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Come on. SF came up short having to play an injured third string QB.

Come on what?  Their season is over. It doesn’t matter who was hurt.  1 of the seasons they went all in on ended up falling short.  

I’m not saying they couldn’t have wonthe SB this year.  I think they could’ve beaten Philly with a healthy Purdy.  But they didn’t. Not much else to it.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Come on what?  Their season is over. It doesn’t matter who was hurt.  1 of the seasons they went all in on ended up falling short.  

I’m not saying they couldn’t have wonthe SB this year.  I think they could’ve beaten Philly with a healthy Purdy.  But they didn’t. Not much else to it.  

Cool. I guess Josh Allen is not that great since the Bills keep coming up short with him too. Crazy, I thought he was a top QB and I was happy to have him. But now I understand how wrong I was. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Come on. SF came up short having to play an injured third string QB.

I'm not sure of your point?  Sure, they came up short having to play a 4th string QB then a 3rd string QB with an injured arm.

One could say the Bills came up short(er) playing whoever in place of Von Miller, our 2nd and 3rd string NT, and playing 3rd and 4th string safeties

They still came up short, meaning the throw of resources into this year didn't work out for them.

And so did we, meaning the same.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

The trade made SF relevant this season, but they still came up short.  Their SB clock is ticking.  Bosa about to be paid like a QB

The 49ers have no QB to pay though.  2 rookies.

They have an interesting roster situation.  They have $13M in cap

Christian McCaffrey is signed through 2025

They can actually save money on Bosa's $17.86M cap hit by signing him to a long term contract.

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not sure of your point?  Sure, they came up short having to play a 4th string QB then a 3rd string QB with an injured arm.

One could say the Bills came up short(er) playing whoever in place of Von Miller, our 2nd and 3rd string NT, and playing 3rd and 4th string safeties

They still came up short, meaning the throw of resources into this year didn't work out for them.

And so did we, meaning the same.

My point is that judging every move by every team on whether or not they won the Super Bowl that season is absurd. By those standards every move 31 teams made were bad and every move Philly or KC made was good. It’s just ridiculous. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.