1/23 Bills Media Availability - Coverage

Beck Water

Just now, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Maybe make ONE IMPACTFUL PLAY all season, and it would've been different.

Undersized and overwhelmed, the plight of poor AJ Epenesa. 

Invisible.  It’s hard to say a 6.5 sack season or whatever was is invisible.  But this year it was.  

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Who was the genius at OBD to have AJE drop all that weight as a pro, so he looks like a big safety playing DE. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I respectfully disagree with McDermott "that's what matters most" for a team captain and a guy who presents himself as a leader on the team.

McD is just trying to hold things together right now. I disagree with him, also, but he is trying to keep this train wreck partially on the tracks.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They arent trading Diggs.  He will be fine and will still be a star here next year.  Some of you guys just like to create further drama.

Definitely.

Diggs wants to win, and he's sick of being in this situation the last few years. It's that simple. I think a lot of us can identify with that.

I don't care about the outbursts on the sidelines, it doesn't affect his play. Remember when Hamlin was taken away in the ambulance, and the players were given 5 minutes to warm up in order to resume the game?
We saw Diggs doing what he could to get the team motivated to continue playing.

Diggs is a leader who just happens to hate losing a playoff game in an embarrassing way. He will have plenty of time to get over this and come back fighting to win it all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have zero problem with Diggs' reaction. He's elite and our coaching staff couldn't figure out a way to get him more involved. I'd be frustrated too. And he had a lot of inaccurate throws directed at him. Simply put, he wants to win. Probably more importantly, I want more guys who aren't "emotionally exhausted" in a divisional round playoff game and who are all about amping up the intensity in the postseason. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Too many of you are holding Diggs to a higher standard than the coaches.

If that grows I look forward to us reverting back to our mid-2000's position of being a hot destination where every FA wants to come here. (sarcasm)

Jeez, get it together. I want more Diggs-like players! He catches the highest percentage of his targets and shows passion. Can't say the same for anyone else on the team. Especially our defensive coach! 

Unless not catching passes gets a Super Bowl? (more sarcasm but the way some of you are griping about him I'm starting to wonder if that's what you believe)

Some of you are holding him to a higher standard than the coaches and making it seem like this is some prestigious character league or something. It's the NFL. Please leave your morality at the door, because you're naive if you really think that somehow is a huge factor in winning Super Bowls, it's not. I couldn't care any less about what he does outside of practices and games. Especially at this moment. How many players is this fanbase or media gonna run off for naive, emotional, meaningless character questions? It's the NFL! The Patriots had a guy hired specifically just to make sure balls were deflated properly. They had a guy hired to video tape opponents play-calling. The Saints and others have had a bounty system. Jets and Steeler coaches trip opponents. The Broncos ran a PED covert ops team and even helped Von Miller cheat a drug test. The Falcons used to pump in artificial noise. But Diggs doesn't have character and that is the focal point for some of you and the media right now? Come on... this isn't high school football. It's the NFL. 

If you're harping on Diggs, you're part of the problem of feeding a wave of media circus and holding this franchise back thinking this fantasy of character somehow exists and matters in terms of winning Super Bowls. We ran off Marshawn and what happened, he won a Super Bowl. Plenty of other examples. Spare me any character or morality pedestals. I'm rational enough to realize we have a talented roster and repeatedly aren't coaching them when it comes playoff time. Why some of you are keying in on Diggs and not that is one of the dumbest things I've seen from this fanbase and should be called out more. 

Good day!

Edited by extrahammer
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I have zero problem with Diggs' reaction. He's elite and our coaching staff couldn't figure out a way to get him more involved. I'd be frustrated too. And he had a lot of inaccurate throws directed at him. Simply put, he wants to win. Probably more importantly, I want more guys who aren't "emotionally exhausted" in a divisional round playoff game and who are all about amping up the intensity in the postseason. 

I don’t disagree with wanting teammates who can dig a little deeper.  But we’re all human, including them,    

Here’s the other layer, at least in my view.  Everything we did offensively during the second half of the season was a downright struggle.   Our offense hinges on Josh Allen doing something ranging from extraordinary to miraculous.   Without that extra little bit of pop or energy or whatever you want to call it, the miracle didn’t come.  And here we are today.  

So I guess I’m hinting at a coaching issue as well.  I’m done with Dorsey.  And, if they move on from Frazier, I could live with it.  Time to double down on the offensive side of the ball and take our chances elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Aj is a bust based off draft position.  Same can be said about the rest of the massive draft capital on the DL.  Rousseau has a chance, that it.  Ed is likely gone after this season as he should be, not worth a contract.  A complete failure that has not only hurt the Defense, but the offense as well.  That draft capital could have, should have been used on OL and WRs

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Amen to this. If you can’t get up for a game like this, you need to be doing something else. Everyone should have been fired up like Diggs, seems like he and Milano were the only ones interested in being there 

7 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Amen to this. If you can’t get up for a game like this, you need to be doing something else. Everyone should have been fired up like Diggs, seems like he and Milano were the only ones interested in being there 

Yeah Diggs and Milano are clearly the vocal leadership guys here. At LB and WR you can have that and it's ok.

Josh Allen can fall on the sword and Diggs can say what needs to be said. Creates less controversy that way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.