1/23 Bills Media Availability - Coverage

Beck Water

Phillips was basically useless after the hamstring injury against the Titans on the late Milano pick 6. Any hope for a strong stretch run was ruined by that foolish late season dive at Mac Jones. He didn’t have any chance of getting that sack and blew out his shoulder. 

Bummer on Hyde, but not all that surprising. I think everyone was kind of guessing he’d be cleared next week. 

Regarding Beasley coming back, meh. I wouldn’t hate it as a limited role player like he was late this year, but we need to completely rebuild the WR room beyond Diggs, Davis, and Shakir. Been starved for speed for too long. 

What is that first Thad Brown tweet about McKenzie?

It ends by saying "McKenzie said its the same questions everyone is asking. And he will ask."

What does that mean?  Who will ask whom about what?

I hate twitter.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I respectfully disagree with McDermott "that's what matters most" for a team captain and a guy who presents himself as a leader on the team.

Diggs is all of us. He’s sick of the same old *****. It’s inexplicable. Everyone besides Diggs and Milano looked like they were sleepwalking yesterday. Including the coaches. 

Love Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It ends by saying "McKenzie said its the same questions everyone is asking. And he will ask."

I hate twitter.

Wow.  It sounds like something is indeed rotten inside OBD.  They need to figure this out.  Damn.  

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I hate twitter.

Third tweet in this post.

McKenzie saying he spoke to Diggs.  Question that Diggs asked him

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

Wow.  It sounds like something is indeed rotten inside OBD.  They need to figure this out.  Damn.  

You have to think this is still festering from the 13 seconds wound. I don't know what you do. It feels like Diggs is about ready to explode into full diva mode, where he demands a trade. We're stuck with the losing franchise. These guys can go play somewhere else.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Diggs is all of us. He’s sick of the same old *****. It’s inexplicable. Everyone besides Diggs and Milano looked like they were sleepwalking yesterday. Including the coaches. 

Love Diggs. 

You and I are not Captains and Leaders on the Bills offense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You have to think this is still festering from the 13 seconds wound. I don't know what you do. It feels like Diggs is about ready to explode into full diva mode, where he demands a trade. We're stuck with the losing franchise. These guys can go play somewhere else.

Losing Franchise?   They are far from a losing franchise.   Also, I'd say Diggs is a lot more stuck with the Bills than any fan is.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You and I are not Captains and Leaders on the Bills offense.

Agreed. But you and I also are not on the Bills. Or in the locker room. Seems like the players are good with it and get it. I like my captains fiery. I want to know they care. Not suggesting he handled it perfectly or that other captains/players don’t care if they act differently, but I’m good with him reacting emotionally. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Could but only 2 teams make the SB each year.  Really only a handful of true contenders. Despite last night our team is actually still one of those. Good luck.

Edited by Scott7975

12 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Love Diggs. 

Sounds like Diggs has had it up to here with the playoff failures and meltdowns.  Who knows what his future will be with this team.  He wants to win a Championship now.  His prime years are getting used up.

• Agree 2

Josh Allen media availability

Asked about his elbow and what the path forward for that will be.

Said "no, we don't think an operation will be necessary at this time.  Obviously, rest and recovery is going to be really good for it."

Said there was a period right after it happened where it was pretty bothersome, overall didn't affect him all that much.

Said maybe he was trying to throw it a little differently, had to change a few things, got away a little bit from ..(paused) how I'm used to throwing the ball.  That's just kind of a byproduct of that (meaning coping with the injury) but "overall it didn't affect me too much"

Says in response to a later question that about 2 weeks ago he got back to his throwing motion being what he likes, that being a rotational thrower it's very "elbow prevalent" and he may have changed to "a more linear type deal" because he couldn't use all that much force

(I wondered, though if it got dinged again in the Miami game)

I see those two statements as fundamentally contradictory - if the elbow injury changed the mechanics he developed that led to improved accuracy, how could that not but affect him as a QB?  Maybe the resolution is that actually, it did affect Allen's ability to throw the ball but he's determined to not say anything that can be interpreted as using his elbow as an excuse.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs needs to control his public outbursts.  Typical diva WR…when things are going great, no worries.  As soon as I don’t get the ball enough…watch out. 

Anyone ever ask him why he takes himself out of the game so often?

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Someone tried to get Josh to comment on GM-type stuff is he satisfied with the draft and FA commitment on the offensive side of the ball.

Josh refused to "take the cheese" saying without hesitation "I love our guys, they battle their tails off" and that he just has to be the best QB he can be and trust the 10 guys on the field with him.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Diggs needs to control his public outbursts.  Typical diva WR…when things are going great, no worries.  As soon as I don’t get the ball enough…watch out. 

Could say the same about a lot of posters on here......

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Probably so he doesn't kill someone lol. The guy is just sick of the same s**t happening just like us except he sees what's happening behind the scenes which makes you wonder how smooth sailing things really are within the organization.

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

FWIW, Diggs played 57 out of 63 snaps yesterday.  90%.

Allen said:

I'm sure someone might ask him, but he'd have to stay long enough after the game or show up and make himself available today for that to occur.

Allen says "at the end of the day we have to be there for each other", which sounds like any outbursts of Diggs are water off his broad back and excused/forgiven, but at the end of the day, the point remains that when times are grim, those kind of outbursts don't seem like a constructive way of Diggs being there for Allen.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How would it go over him if everytime he didnt get separation Josh decided to scream in his face?   He is only focusing on the plays where Josh doesnt see him, he isnt keeping in mind the times he didn't keep up his end of the bargain.  Said it yesterday, there were 52 guys on the roster yesterday who were hurt, and they all are competitive.  The difference between those guys and Diggs is they dont think they are more important than the other 52 guys. 

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Probably so he doesn't kill someone lol. The guy is just sick of the same s**t happening just like us except he sees what's happening behind the scenes which makes you wonder how smooth sailing things really are within the organization.

How many guys in that building, including the coaches do you think like to lose?    The team lost 4 of 18 games this year.   Time to grow thicker skin and move on without pointing fingers.  Every guy on that sideline could have done more to help win that football game, including #14.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Sounds like Diggs has had it up to here with the playoff failures and meltdowns.  Who knows what his future will be with this team.  He wants to win a Championship now.  His prime years are getting used up.

He is nearing 30 with a top 5 QB. 

There is nowhere for him to go unless he decides to sign a new contract for a lot less money to go to one of the 3 or 4 teams that might be better than Buffalo. 

The Bengals can afford him but they have to pay Burrow and sign their guys. The Giants and Ravens can afford him but have major question marks at QB. 

So where is he going to go to not “waste away?”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How would it go over him if everytime he didnt get separation Josh decided to scream in his face?   He is only focusing on the plays where Josh doesnt see him, he isnt keeping in mind the times he didn't keep up his end of the bargain.  Said it yesterday, there were 52 guys on the roster yesterday who were hurt, and they all are competitive.  The difference between those guys and Diggs is they dont think they are more important than the other 52 guys. 

If you remember Josh’s epic performance in the playoffs last year Vs KC very little was thrown to Diggs who was getting visibly upset that Davis was catching everything till Josh threw the 2 point conversion to him.
He is a hothead Minnesota got tired of the guy for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

He is nearing 30 with a top 5 QB. 

There is nowhere for him to go unless he decides to sign a new contract for a lot less money to go to one of the 3 or 4 teams that might be better than Buffalo. 

The Bengals can afford him but they have to pay Burrow and sign their guys. The Giants and Ravens can afford him but have major question marks at QB. 

So where is he going to go to not “waste away?”

I thought about this ask the owner of the Cardinals if he’d do Deandre Hopkins for Steff Diggs straight up. Cause I would

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you remember Josh’s epic performance in the playoffs last year Vs KC very little was thrown to Diggs who was getting visibly upset that Davis was catching everything till Josh threw the 2 point conversion to him.
He is a hothead Minnesota got tired of the guy for a reason. 

I thought about this ask the owner of the Cardinals if he’d do Deandre Hopkins for Steff Diggs straight up. Cause I would

Had that same exact thought today.   Problem is they will still need more help at wideout.   Id be more than happy to move Diggs for Hopkins.   

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

FWIW, Diggs played 57 out of 63 snaps yesterday.  90%.

Allen said:

I'm sure someone might ask him, but he'd have to stay long enough after the game or show up and make himself available today for that to occur.

Allen says "at the end of the day we have to be there for each other", which sounds like any outbursts of Diggs are water off his broad back and excused/forgiven, but at the end of the day, the point remains that when times are grim, those kind of outbursts don't seem like a constructive way of Diggs being there for Allen.

I think Allen doesn’t really care about the sideline stuff. They can get over that. 

But I do think saying “we just have to be there for each other” is a swipe at a guy who has refused to be around the last 21 hours.

• Like (+1) 1

Is diggs going to speak today? Where’s the captain now? One thing is for certain is that if we don’t get to where we want to go, he will not be playing out the rest of his contract here. It will boil over even further. We’re in a tough spot right now

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Well the precedent has been established; Diggs is going to be a problem moving forward.  He’ll be back, but his fuse is becoming a quicker burn.  I have no issue with his frustration, but certainly have an issue with him bailing on his teammates after the game.  What example does that send as a supposed leader.  

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Is diggs going to speak today? Where’s the captain now? One thing is for certain is that if we don’t get to where we want to go, he will not be playing out the rest of his contract here. It will boil over even further. We’re in a tough spot right now

Looked like he packed his ***** yesterday and took off. If he wore that stupid mask he had on the way out instead of on the way in maybe no one would have noticed. 

Edited by BananaB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.