Travis Kelce... is open on every play

Inigo Montoya

All of KC's WR's are hurt. So how is Kelce so wide open???? Triple team him, who else are they going to throw to? I was watching the Jags game like wtf is this real life? The QB has 1 leg and every WR is on the sidelines and Kelce is wide open every play 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:15 PM, JimBob2232 said:

Mahomes  is amazing...and Kelce allows him to be him.  Would be interesting to see how Mahomes would do without Kelce.  He is 33 - the same age as Gronk - so hopefully Father Time will find him soon.

At least this year they don't have Tyreek....but man - it seems like nobody can cover Kelce.  

Great Tight Ends last as long as QBs so I don’t see him slowing down anytime soon. Kelce will be dominating into his late 30s. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

All of KC's WR's are hurt. So how is Kelce so wide open???? Triple team him, who else are they going to throw to? I was watching the Jags game like wtf is this real life? The QB has 1 leg and every WR is on the sidelines and Kelce is wide open every play 

Great coaching and execution 

You have to remember that at his roots, Ken Dorsey is a 1 back spread coach who came from the world of Dennis Erickson which has some Air Coryell concepts. That was designed to push the ball down the field and get chunk plays. As much as they say a lot was kept the same on the transition from Daboll and his E-P system to whatever Dorsey was doing this year, I simply don't believe it. The offense just looked so much different. 

Reid is a tried and true west coast offense guy. Those short routes are the blueprint of the whole thing and Mahomes and Kelce are great at attacking that section of the field. If you want that, hire a west coast guy. Dorsey is going to continue to push the ball vertically. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You have to remember that at his roots, Ken Dorsey is a 1 back spread coach who came from the world of Dennis Erickson which has some Air Coryell concepts. That was designed to push the ball down the field and get chunk plays. As much as they say a lot was kept the same on the transition from Daboll and his E-P system to whatever Dorsey was doing this year, I simply don't believe it. The offense just looked so much different. 

Reid is a tried and true west coast offense guy. Those short routes are the blueprint of the whole thing and Mahomes and Kelce are great at attacking that section of the field. If you want that, hire a west coast guy. Dorsey is going to continue to push the ball vertically. 

there is still a mix, but yeah i think that's the gist of it.

i'm good w that.  give me an additional wr of any merit and better blocking, and we have a scary deep passing attack and can run the ball too (we were decent at it this year).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.