Dolphins fire DC Josh Boyer

BuffaloBills1998

This is insane to me. They always had the Bills offense on a struggle bus. Even when the Bills were moving and scoring it felt like they were using everything got to do so. 

Is he aggressive with his blitzing? Absolutely. But it worked IMO

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, appoo said:

This is insane to me. They always had the Bills offense on a struggle bus. Even when the Bills were moving and scoring it felt like they were using everything got to do so. 

It didnt work.  The Bills lost one game against them since Josh Allen.  We should have won that game too.

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, appoo said:

It worked against the BIlls, but not many other teams. They were 24th in points allowed, 18th in yards allowed, and 30th in turnovers forced. And that's a unit with real talent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-fire-josh-boyer-after-three-seasons-as-defensive-coordinator

I got to say, he had something for the Bills. 

5 of Allen's 9 strip sack fumbles and 3 of his 4 strip sack lost fumbles were vs. Miami

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It worked against the BIlls, but not many other teams. They were 24th in points allowed, 18th in yards allowed, and 30th in turnovers forced. And that's a unit with real talent. 

A valid point.  I hope they shred his gameplans for the Bills then 😃

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-fire-josh-boyer-after-three-seasons-as-defensive-coordinator

I got to say, he had something for the Bills. 

5 of Allen's 9 strip sack fumbles and 3 of his 4 strip sack lost fumbles were vs. Miami

A valid point.  I hope they shred his gameplans for the Bills then 😃

Because they blitzed more than anyone else sending everyone.

57 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He obviously didn’t see the bombs away festival coming and for that he lost his job. 

No because he took what was a top 5 ranked defense and had them finish 27th overall. With all that talent on the defense they shouldn’t have been as bad as they were this season overall. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.