We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

If the Bills lost Dawkins, Bates and Brown their starting Oline would be Quessenberry, Saffold, Morse, Boettger and Bobby Hart. Imagine having to play the Bengals with that? Dline should T the ***** off this week. No exceptions.

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Who are Eric Weddle and Kay Adams? Never heard of either of them. Why would anyone care what ANY talking head "expert" spews out about NFL football? Stopped watching/listening to any of them decades ago, and I'm certain my life is much better for it.

Eric Weddle is arguably the best safety in the NFL over the past 15 years. He's at least in the very top tier.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

DaQuan Jones logging two straight limited practices with a "Calf" designation is a little bit concerning.

Have to hope it's just precautionary. Jones would be a massive loss for this d-line if he couldn't go.

He's been the glue in the defensive front.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

The Bills D had 4 sacks, 11 QB hits, and numerous pressures in the game.  Thompson was 18 for 45 for 220 yards.  The Dolphins had one decent drive all game which resulted in a touchdown.  The defense actually played pretty well.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Rousseau and Oliver need to show up and play up to their draft status in this game. Take advantage of Cincy's injured OL.

It looked like they would be until it turned out to be the Von effect. It just doesn't seem like the Bills have an eye for the Dline. Good but not great players. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

He tells Kay Adams, “If I was a betting man, I’d put a lot of money on the Bills.”

I thought Kay was a Browns fan? Did she flip squads and jump the Cincy bandwagon? 

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Bills D had 4 sacks, 11 QB hits, and numerous pressures in the game.  Thompson was 18 for 45 for 220 yards.  The Dolphins had one decent drive all game which resulted in a touchdown.  The defense actually played pretty well.

I think a lot of that was due to Thompson holding on to the ball too long. I believed he average 3.21 seconds per throw which is way too long by NFL standards. 

I'm not implying the defense didn't play well. I know the stats look pretty good. However, I expected a more dominant Dline performance vs Miami. Maybe my expectations were too high. 

Burrow will get the ball out much much more quickly. I believe the Bengal offense presents some very difficult match ups and challenges for the Bills defense in spite of their Oline issues. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Not happy at DaQuan Jones being limited in 2 successive practices.  We need that guy.

Not sure what I feel about Jordan Phillips being limited.  If he's good to go, we can use him, but we don't need him out there one-arming it.