Best Case Scenario for AFC Playoffs

JY422

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Bengals are not losing to the Ravens.  So there goes that.

They very well could.  The Ravens were resting a bunch of players last week including starting their 3rd string QB and the Bengals did what the Bengals normally do...get up big but then never pull away and let the other team hang around and catch up.  If Watkins wouldn't have fumbled late after his long catch they would have had the ball deep in Cincy territory with some time left.  This is the same team that should have probably lost to the Pats if not for a BS call where Stevenson fumbled after 3 seconds of not going forward and they never blew the whistle and he fumbled inside the Bengal 10.  They were up 22-0 and it was 22-18 at that point.

Cincy is not as good as everyone thinks.  They SHOULD be better than they are on offense, but they simply aren't.

Also, I am not sure if we should be wanting to play the Ravens...their defense has been turned up several notches since acquiring Roquan Smith, has been playing exceptional and Kyle Hamilton is starting to live up to what people thought he would become as well.  

This team is going to be a problem next year in the AFC again.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

After backing up the Brinks truck for LB that’s been there less than 6 months, and all but saying their going to franchise tag Lamar, I wouldn’t blame Lamar Jackson if he took his long term health quite seriously starting right now. 

I can understand why they did it...their defense was worst in the NFL all last year and was on a historically bad pace early this year before getting Smith.  He has really been the glue that has helped their defense become exceptional over the past few months.  They have been among the best defenses in the NFL over that timeframe across the board in virtually every category.  Next year could be back to approaching the old Baltimore defensive teams with Kyle Hamilton playing the Ed Reed role and Roquan Smith playing the Ray Lewis role.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2023/1/1/23532406/baltimores-defense-has-been-dominant-since-acquiring-roquan-smith-can-they-keep-it-up-ravens

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Bengals are not losing to the Ravens.  So there goes that.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, yea, facing lower seeds is better. Probably won’t be 100% upsets minus us though 

Unlikely but not impossible. Is Lamar officially out?

https://www.google.com/search?q=box+score+ravens+bengals&rlz=1C1UEAD_enUS993US993&oq=box+score+ravens+bengals&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l3j0i390.5272j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11qbqwxdtn;6;/m/059yj;ms;fp;1;;;

Yeah, as Sal and Nate were talking about this morning the box score on Sunday's game was surprising, and that was without LJ.

I didn't pay attention to the game and only found out this morning Baltimore turned the ball over 4 times.

Just picked up my AFCCG ticket for my first visit ever to Highmark so I'm banking on:

BUF over MIA

CIN over BAL

LAC over JAX

BUF over CIN

LAC over KC

BUF over LAC

Edited by astb41
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm available if you need company.

Ticketmaster is currently releasing more face value tickets (not re-sale). I was refreshing for 40 min and finally got through for 1 ticket in 232 row 11.  The rest of the time tickets come and go and say "a fan beat you to it".  still trying for 2 haha

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Lamar isn't playing.  Huntley is likely out too.  So that leaves another road game in Cincy for Anthony Brown.  Get ready for Bills vs. Bengals in 10 days fellas.

As of now this is simply not true.  Reports are not promising, but he is trying to practice today.  

3 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

I would like this. 

feels like the most likely scenario to hosting the AFCCG.  Jax isn't beating KC, and I don't think the Ravens are either.  Even if Lamar is back for that game he'll be 75% or less, still has knee swelling and can't cut.  Don't see another week making that much of a difference.

2 hours ago, JY422 said:

Rd 1:

Bills smash Dolphins - Ravens defeat Bengals - Jags defeat Bolts

Rd 2:

Bills smash Jags - Ravens defeat KC

Rd 3:

Ravens come to Buffalo and get SMASHED in the AFC Championship game by our Bills of destiny!

No KC or Cincy.  No neutral site. SB LVII road runs thru Orchard Park.

I hope you didn't spend a lot of time on this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.