Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

3 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

If they allow the chiefs to snake this deal from them, you have to wonder if beane and Sean are the guys 

If the Chiefs take the deal, good for them. It has nothing to do with whether beane and Sean are the guys. It just means the deal wasn't going to work for them. And they moved on.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

If the Chiefs take the deal, good for them. It has nothing to do with whether beane and Sean are the guys. It just means the deal wasn't going to work for them. And they moved on. 

Exactly. And if the Chiefs do land him, he'll be added to a WR core currently headlined by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore, after losing JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman. Addition and Upgrade to WR1, but to a core that has faced substantial reductions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

This is great news.

in the end who knows how anything shakes out, I still think Mike Evans might be on the block as well and I'm not sure we are done with WR. I still lead towards a proven commodity at this point....

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

You either make the moves or you don’t 

running it back as is means another second round exit 

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. And if the Chiefs do land him, he'll be added to a WR core currently headlined by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore, after losing JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman. Addition and Upgrade to WR1, but to a core that has faced substantial reductions.

We said the exact thing when hill left and how did that play out 

25 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

We said the exact thing when hill left and how did that play out 

Right. They lost Hill and replaced him with Schuster. 

The point is, if they do the trade, they'll be adding Hopkins but will have lost Schuster and Hardman. Adding one maybe elite WR, but also losing two very good WR's that have hurt us.

So i'm not buying the idea that the Chiefs will become so much more superpowered than they were last year and adding Hopkins means "we're doomed", can never possibly hope to beat them, and it's a total failure if we don't stop it from happening.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right. They lost Hill and replaced him with Schuster. 

The point is, if they do the trade, they'll be adding Hopkins but will have lost Schuster and Hardman. Adding one maybe elite WR, but also losing two very good WR's that have hurt us.

So i'm not buying the idea that the Chiefs will become so much more superpowered than they were last year and adding Hopkins means "we're doomed", can never possibly hope to beat them, and it's a total failure if we don't stop it from happening.

At what point is beane and Sean on the hook for closing the gap? Running it back will mean a second round exit again so tell me what we are doing to close the gap this year? 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

After listening to Beane's interview, they are laying in the weeds...and not out on Hopkins.

It sounded like he entirely brushed the question on hopkins away and then was like until a player signs or is traded we will be in on it. He only ruled out non-culture fits and non-scheme fits.he had a mini tirade about how only 1 out of 100 calls for trades where they actually happen and a bunch of other stuff. 

That's jmo.

Iirc, obj won't count against a comp pick because he was a ufa before the league new year.  I imagine we were the $4 mil team though lol

Why should we give credence to a dude called "ErieCountyBulls" who is following almost as many people as he has followers?

I mean, I know a guy has to start somewhere but for someone who joined Twitter in 2014, 9 years ago, those are miniscule numbers

Has this guy ever said anything else that shows credibility?

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/brandon-beane-address-deandre-hopkins-speculation?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs was also known to be available for trade though? 

There had been talk the previous fall when Diggs went AWOL and got fined.  But the Vikes said "no".

When it happened, there was none of this long dragged out schtuff. Diggs tweeted something about a new beginning, Beane's people called Vikes "hey, is he available?" and the next thing we knew he was in Buffalo.