Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The exorbitant price was talked about yesterday. No way AZ gets another team to absorb all that salary and gets premium picks ala CMC as well. They will have to come down from that or keep a disgruntled player at a high cost.

Situation is what many here have been saying for a while - Rookie GM trying to play hardball with his pie in the sky wishes and other teams just sitting around waiting for him to admit he's being ridiculous. McCaffrey is 26, Hopkins is 30 and coming off an injury and a PED pop, even getting a 3rd for Hopkins would be above market rate for him right now because of his salary. McCaffrey had his contract restructured last season before the trade and his salary was $690,000; Hopkins has a base salary of $19.45M and $14.915M over the next 2 seasons, this is clearly a salary dump - He shouldn't be had for more than a 4th without AZ eating significant money, to think otherwise is ignorant by them. 

This is like people selling a house and trying to charge you a premium because they spent money wiring the house for audio and wifi - I don't care about your add-ons, the house value is determined by the comp market, not your feelings. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I say write off the idea he becomes a bill. I figured that about 100 pages ago. time to move on...

what do you expect him to say? He made similar comments about Diggs before he was acquired (If I remember correctly)

Edited by Warriorspikes51