Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think if we don't hear anything following the league meetings, it's probably not happening or at least not until the Draft or after. Seems Arizona is content on waiting until they get the offer they want.

or hop is waiting for what he wants 

Just now, akcash said:

Does Hopkins have any control where hea traded?

Likely requires a contract restructure, so yes, the team acquiring him will want that all worked out in advance. 

He definitely has control over where he is dealt. 

38 minutes ago, mrags said:

What sucks even more is that Allen severely under threw the ball. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner until the ball was already coming down. If that ball is in front of Gabe not only is it likely a catch, it’s a TD. 

Josh really regressed in that this year imo. His rookie year he was under throwing guys. The last few years he got it under control until this year. He did it way too much for my liking. Maybe it was the arm injury, or maybe he took a step back, maybe it was Daboll was gone. Idk. But it was definitely a thing this year. 

It was the furthest thrown pass since NexGen put tracking technology in the football… 69.4 yards in the air. That’s 6 years worth of throws in the NFL. 

I just don’t think you can make the argument the ball was under thrown when it’s the furthest thrown ball on record. He’s also rolling to his left lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

What sucks even more is that Allen severely under threw the ball. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner until the ball was already coming down. If that ball is in front of Gabe not only is it likely a catch, it’s a TD. 

Josh really regressed in that this year imo. His rookie year he was under throwing guys. The last few years he got it under control until this year. He did it way too much for my liking. Maybe it was the arm injury, or maybe he took a step back, maybe it was Daboll was gone. Idk. But it was definitely a thing this year. 

Horrible take.  Not only was the ball thrown 70 yards but it hit Davis in the chest. Anyone who claims that pass was "severely under thrown" can't be serious and must be trolling.

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

also, I’d the partial UCL tear was a worry, then maybe he should have taken a safer thrown underneath considering they only needed 21 yards on that play. Not 70. And he just had the arm injury happen a few plays before that apparently, so the excuse that throwing deeper was easier on his arm isn’t acceptable 

So Allen should have checked down on a 4th and 21?  Are you freaking serious?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Horrible take.  Not only was the ball thrown 70 yards but it hit Davis in the chest. Anyone who claims that pass was "severely under thrown" can't be serious and must be trolling.

Not to mention it likely being one of, if not THE longest pass thrown in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

And don’t deny that. That wasn’t the question. The comment originally was that DHop would have came down with it. I simply stated that if the throw was where it was supposed to be, it likely would have been a TD. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner.

I don't know if it would have or not, but there were times throughout the season Josh threw passes right in his hands that Gabe dropped. So I wouldn't say it "likely" would have been caught for a TD considering he had butter fingers far too much all season

50 minutes ago, mrags said:

*rEgrESsion*

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

And don’t deny that. That wasn’t the question. The comment originally was that DHop would have came down with it. I simply stated that if the throw was where it was supposed to be, it likely would have been a TD. Davis had multiple steps on Gardner. 

also, I’d the partial UCL tear was a worry, then maybe he should have taken a safer thrown underneath considering they only needed 21 yards on that play. Not 70. And he just had the arm injury happen a few plays before that apparently, so the excuse that throwing deeper was easier on his arm isn’t acceptable 

Hasn’t there been some documentation that the longer throws were easier because of the injury and that’s the reason why Josh Allen was pushing it down the field some thing about arm angles

I mean, don’t get me wrong Josh Allen wants to score a touchdown on every play. It’s one of the reasons why we actually love him.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, mrags said:

You must have been watching a different QB's rookie season then Allen because his problem wasn't under throwing guys it was over throwing them.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

or hop is waiting for what he wants 

I don't think Hopkins is holding anything up. Seems to be all on Arizona's end. Today I've seen three things that point to this -

This video from a Bills Beat Reporter in Rochester stating the people he's asked have said that we're interested "at the right price". If it were the right price right now, it would be consummated:

This article from Bleacher Report stating Arizona is waiting for leverage over needy teams - which they wouldn't be saying if the offers they were getting met their demands:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10069916-report-cardinals-broncos-waiting-for-leverage-in-deandre-hopkins-jerry-jeudy-trade

And lastly, the most recent thing, a tweet from a KC beat reporter saying KC is out as is the rest of the league. Which reads to me like teams started calling over the past couple days, but didn't like what Arizona was asking:

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hasn’t there been some documentation that the longer throws were easier because of the injury and that’s the reason why Josh Allen was pushing it down the field some thing about arm angles

I mean, don’t get me wrong Josh Allen wants to score a touchdown on every play. It’s one of the reasons why we actually love him.

And on that play at the snap it was 4th & 21 at the Bills 14 yard line with 33 seconds left and no timeouts.  Allen's only rational choice was to push the ball way downfield.  Davis simply didn't make a play on a spectacular throw.

It was similar to the Bills/Bengals playoff game where late in the 3rd quarter, down 24 - 10 and on 3rd & 2 Allen threw another great ball 50 yards in which Davis again couldn't make the catch. At that point in the game making the 1st down with a 5 yard throw to Beasley was not going to get us back in the game.  Davis making that catch would have though.

• Thank you (+1) 1