Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I can't understand accepting the things you want to hear from one person being true and then discounting things you don't want to hear from someone else who's just as reputable as false.

Aaron Wilson is a verified beat reporter for the Texans. Soren Petro is a verified beat reporter for the Chiefs. If you accept one as definitively true, you shouldn't discount the other as definitively false. 

I understand wanting this to happen. But fans need to look at things analytically instead of just emotionally.

according to soren's linkedin, he's a graduate from syracuse university's journalism school and has hosted the same radio show in KC for 19 years.

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Reading the tea leaves it sounds like we asked for medicals and our offer is the best one out there but the Cardinals are holding things up because they want more compensation and we made a "take it or leave it" best offer. 

This is one thing about Beane that holds true. He puts a value on something and doesn't budge. He does it with contract offers as well. This would not surprise me if it were the case. 

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If anything hopefully KC is out

I assure you...KC was never really in.  Whatever reported interest KC has had, was nothing more than KC just doing due diligence and kicking tires.  

My source is Me and MATH.  

I hate LAZY reporters who can't comprehend the cap. 

KC has 6 million in cap space....you wanna know if KC is in on something?  They'll announce a Chris Jones contract extension that frees up cap space.  Until then KC isn't in on anything where they have to assume some crap contract.  

Also....  KC isn't going to get 50% more production from their WR room by spending 50% more on it.  the ROI isn't there.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I can't understand accepting the things you want to hear from one person being true and then discounting things you don't want to hear from someone else who's just as reputable as false.

Aaron Wilson is a verified beat reporter for the Texans. Soren Petro is a verified beat reporter for the Chiefs. If you accept one as definitively true, you shouldn't discount the other as definitively false. 

I understand wanting this to happen. But fans need to look at things analytically instead of just emotionally.

yes, let’s just ignore Ian Rapp saying talks were heating up the other day and pretend no teams are interested

why don’t you find something more productive to do than responding to my posts instructing me how I should think and what I should believe

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, beebe said:

according to soren's linkedin, he's a graduate from syracuse university's journalism school and has hosted the same radio show in KC for 19 years.

Exactly. He's just as reputable. And let's be honest - neither is a Schefter, Rappaport, Florio, Glazer, etc.

And it's always possible that both are right. That Wilson was correct when he posted what he posted but since then Arizona has countered with things no one around the league is interested in.

Take all info and analyze it. It just bothers me when fans get so worked up that they'll throw critical thinking out the window and will only listen to the things they want to hear and try and smear anything else simply because it's not what they want to hear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Years ago, I used to work in a Christian bookstore. Old folks would come in and ask for a large print, compact Bible. I'd tell them, you can have the tiny Bible or the large print, but you can't have both. Seems to me the Cardinals wanting not to retain any salary and also receive higher draft picks is the equivalent. No one is going for that, so compromise or maybe carry an expensive disgruntled WR on your roster for the year. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Years ago, I used to work in a Christian bookstore. Old folks would come in and ask for a large print, compact Bible. I'd tell them, you can have the tiny Bible or the large print, but you can't have both. Seems to me the Cardinals wanting not to retain any salary and also receive higher draft picks is the equivalent. No one is going for that, so compromise or maybe carry an expensive disgruntled WR on your roster for the year. 

Wonder if Hopkins can force it a bit, like "yeah you all need to just take it cause I will be a bit toxic if you don't"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

They have a 1st time GM I believe. He's probably puffing his chest out trying to act like people aren't going to take advantage of him. We may get screwed by his lack of experience and another GM who just wants to make a splash. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Ouch. $500 that you’ll never get back. I can’t believe some previously rich sports star suckered people into paying him money. To this day boggles my mind. I really need a 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra. All my friends have toy cars to drive in the summertime. Maybe I should start a go fund me because I should be able to drive a Mustang too. 

To this day, a Terminator still makes my head turn.  I have a brand new set of staggered 18×9/18x10.5s AFS alloy replicas for when the day comes...

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yes, let’s just ignore Ian Rapp saying talks were heating up the other day and pretend no teams are interested

why don’t you find something more productive to do than responding to my posts instructing me how I should think and what I should believe

As I said in an earlier post, all things can be true. Things could have been heating up. And since then, Arizona has asked for more than what's offered and everyone's out.

You're free to believe what you want to believe. But this is a message board. If I make a point, I'm not going to freak out if someone responds with a counterpoint questioning the logic in it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Funny Tasker was saying today that this is all pretty much made up wishful thinking. Not he or anybody he knows has heard jack squat (not quoting) and there;s nothing going on with restructures, salaries or anything else that would indicate anything taking place....and after following this thread, that sucks. I'll just hope for to be surprised all of a sudden with breaking news.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Funny Tasker was saying today that this is all pretty much made up wishful thinking. Not he or anybody he knows has heard jack squat (not quoting) and there;s nothing going on with restructures, salaries or anything else that would indicate anything taking place....and after following this thread, that sucks. I'll just hope for to be surprised all of a sudden with breaking news.

I missed that part. I heard Aaron Wilson on the morning show with Jeremy White report that Bills were the leaders and Chiefs were interested but financial concerns could limit them proceeding

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, nosejob said:

What some rationale people have said 40 pages ago...

To think this started with: a song, orange juice, people following others on social media (who would ever think), and ALOT of information coming from random sources.

This will end with @Warriorspikes51 and @IronMaidenBills blaming Beane for not pulling the trigger on this...

meanwhile Beane is likely laughing at all the conjecture and will probably laugh it off at his next presser when asked about it.

Critical thinking skills are lacking, instesd we have wishful thinking for days on here

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

So...people are really fighting over which rumor reporter is more credible in this case?  Well, this rumor is true because this guy...but no, your guy is a hack, so my guy's rumor must be true, not yours.

Exactly. Taking in all the info and thinking critically has been thrown by the wayside in favor of pure emotion of just wanting him here.

Don't try saying all could be true or we don't know what's true and what isn't. And don't dare try to imply the flight to Arizona could be for the Owner's Meeting this weekend in Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1