Do the Kansas City Chiefs deserve a bye week ?

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I hope the Chargers beat the Jaguars. Even though KC usually wins the Chargers always seem to give them a good game. They would have a good shot at an upset.

Only caveat is if Lamar plays and the Ravens upset the Bengals, I'd rather play the Jags than the Chargers.

5 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

They should have used AFC Conference win%

KC

They lost to Indy, Buff and Cincy

9-3 .750%

Buffalo

We lost to Miami and Jets 

9-2 .818%

Not sure that is fair.  Not saying it isn't, it is not bad.  But, lots of ways to slice and dice it to benefit the Bills OR KC.  One sided discussions can be spun in the direction anyone spinning wants easily.

But, yes, Conference games are already used for standings and seedings.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Let's just move on from this scheduling stuff. It is what it is.

No asterisks, no whining. Line up, play, and the winning teams move to the next round and therefore deserve to advance. Whoever gets to and wins the Super Bowl deserves it and will have earned it. 

Execute a simple snap vs Minnesota or don't lose to Zach freaking Wilson and we're the #1 regardless of everything else. Bengals have the same type of what-ifs I'm sure. 

It's that simple. 

Agreed, well said!

To be honest?  Not gonna stress on it. 

I am usually a "it is what it is" kinda guy. "Fairness" went out the window Monday when neither team was really ready to play again.

The fact is - injuries happen to every team. Sometimes those injuries affect key players... Is it "fair" that the Ravens lost Lamar, or the 'phins lost Tua; for measurable chunks of an otherwise good season? 

The way I see it - the Bills "lost" that game exactly the same way (as far as the standings are concerned) as if the injury had occurred to a key player. 

The team is just gonna have to slug their way through the crowd to get to the top. TBH - I think this team has EVERY reason to do it. So....

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Manther said:

Not sure that is fair.  Not saying it isn't, it is not bad.  But, lots of ways to slice and dice it to benefit the Bills OR KC.  One sided discussions can be spun in the direction anyone spinning wants easily.

But, yes, Conference games are already used for standings and seedings.  

I get you and agree. Just throwing out another way the NFL could have made a decision on seeding that NFL owners prob would have approved as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills and KC have the same amount of losses 

Bills 9-2 vs KC 9-3 in Conf games 

Bills beat KC H2H 

I think the committee f up and just gave them a bye instead of looking at all factors 

it is what it is hopefully we win the first 2 and someone upsets them so we get AFCG at home if not go beat them on a neutral site 

bengals and bills got the short end of the stick and KC benefitted from it which is the frustrating part 

Edited by mikemac2001
  • Agree 1

It’s not so much who deserves it but rather who shouldn’t get it. Chiefs wound up a half game in front of the Bills and a game+ ahead of the Bengals. Chiefs don’t get home field against the Bills and the Bengals couldn’t catch the Chiefs regardless. Not perfect, but the Chiefs don’t deserve the bye less than the Bills and Bengals don’t deserve it.

If KC doesn’t deserves it, no one does. We would’ve deserved it if we had beaten Cinci.  That wasn’t possible due to the circumstances. Once the game was cancelled, things were to be screwed up and some team left upset.  

It’s now over.  Decision has been made and it’s time to move on to Miami.  Wallowing in misery = bringing yourself down.  Stay up

9 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't either and prefer rescheduling but it isn't worse than not playing at all and defaulting to whoever has the 1st seed at the moment. 

Why do you think defaulting to whoever has the 1st seed at the moment is wrong?  It's very tough, there is no right answer.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If KC doesn’t deserves it, no one does. We would’ve deserved it if we had beaten Cinci.  That wasn’t possible due to the circumstances. Once the game was cancelled, things were to be screwed up and some team left upset.  

It’s now over.  Decision has been made and it’s time to move on to Miami.  Wallowing in misery = bringing yourself down.  Stay up

The whole situation is rectified with KC Playing this week....it was so simple

In the Cincinnati game, the Bills defense was on the field for about 4 minutes. The offense was on the field for about 6 minutes. Because of what happened to Damar, the Bills went through a grueling week mentally and emotionally. But physically, not counting the injury to Taron Johnson, didn't they and Cinci both get in effect a bye week in that it gave them a chance to recover a little bit from the bumps and bruises that accumulated over the 16 weeks? 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is the correct answer.

No byes moving forward sounds good to me!  The last team in each conference that got the 7 seed had a 9-8 record.  The 8th seed would have had a 9-8 record.  No bye is more profits for the NFL, more fair to all the teams competing in the playoffs and for the playoffs.

If 8 teams made it into the playoffs, I believe Detroit would have made the playoffs at 9-8.  In the AFC it would have been the Steelers at 9-8.

Seems like a logical easy improvement since they added the extra week.

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, Manther said:

No byes moving forward sounds good to me!  The last team in each conference that got the 7 seed had a 9-8 record.  The 8th seed would have had a 9-8 record.  No bye is more profits for the NFL, more fair to all the teams competing in the playoffs and for the playoffs.

If 8 teams made it into the playoffs, I believe Detroit would have made the playoffs at 9-8.  In the AFC it would have been the Steelers at 9-8.

Seems like a logical easy improvement since they added the extra week.

Go Bills!

Oh sure another Rule change AFTER Buffalo gets screwed.  Didn't this happen last year with overtime rules?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I still don't see how all of these neutral site machinations are a better solution than pushing everything a week back and doing away with the pre-SB off week.

You’re giving everyone but cincy and buffalo an extra bye week that way.  I’m sure that was pitched to the owners and they turned it down 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.