Jeff Saturday Throws His O-Line Under a Bus

Gugny

2 hours ago, BLeonard said:

I saw it live on the broadcast and it was a bit disturbing, especially with how long Thibodeaux was doing the snow angels.  Actually surprised he wasn't penalized for taunting.

While I don't disagree about him not knowing at the time of the snow angels, this also happened:

Had never seen that . That’s a POS thing to do. 

Thanks for posting

2 hours ago, DJB said:

for as much crap as Thibedwaux has taken I honestly don’t think he knew the condition of Foles. He never looked over at him or anything .

I blame the Giants teammates for not stopping him

Wasn’t Foles screaming and rolling in pain. I’m pretty sure he saw it

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Saturday was (rightfully) pissed at Thibodeaux's sack celebration as Foles lay on the ground in serious pain.  But he was also pissed at his own team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35366350/jeff-saturday-calls-kayvon-thibodeaux-celebration-tasteless-trash

Saturday also took exception to another aspect of the play: the fact that none of his players intervened during Thibodeaux's prolonged display.

"Disappointed from the O-line perspective and teammates in general," said Saturday, a former Colts Pro Bowl center.

"We protect our own. Y'all know me. I've been here a long time. I'm just going to tread lightly. Obviously, I didn't like it at all. That's where I'll leave it."

------------------------

I remember Tre White's teammates standing around doing nothing after the dirty Gronk hit on Tre White, but McDermott didn't call them out.

He actually has a point…someone should have stepped in.  Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano and other Bills lineman stood up when defenders too rough with Josh after the whistle.  

What happened to Foles was bull####.  Someone should have pulled him up either from Indy or NYG.

With that being said, Saturday is a terrible coach and should not be back next season

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BLeonard said:

I saw it live on the broadcast and it was a bit disturbing, especially with how long Thibodeaux was doing the snow angels.  Actually surprised he wasn't penalized for taunting.

While I don't disagree about him not knowing at the time of the snow angels, this also happened:

Nick Foles sucks.  He shouldn't be playing in the NFL.  That being said, way too much celebrating period in the NFL.  Win something and then celebrate.  Your job is to sack the QB.  Act like you have been doing it all your life.  LT, Reggie White and Bruce never celebrated.  They just beat up QB's which was their job.  The players today seem so juvenile.  Its ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m on Saturday’s side.

If Allen was writhing like that on the ground and Dawkins, Morse etc weren’t lighting up Thibidough i’d be pissed!

54 minutes ago, DJB said:

Had never seen that . That’s a POS thing to do. 

Thanks for posting

I posted it yesterday but a mod locked it because of “misleading title” as I thought Foles had a seizure (really he was just writhing in pain). Instead of just correcting the title they locked it. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’m on Saturday’s side.

If Allen was writhing like that on the ground and Dawkins, Morse etc weren’t lighting up Thibidough i’d be pissed!

I posted it yesterday but a mod locked it because of “misleading title” as I thought Foles had a seizure (really he was just writhing in pain). Instead of just correcting the title they locked it. 

Quinton Nelson should of Hulk Hogan leg dropped his B word ass

13 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He actually has a point…someone should have stepped in.  Dion Dawkins, Jon Feliciano and other Bills lineman stood up when defenders too rough with Josh after the whistle.  

What happened to Foles was bull####.  Someone should have pulled him up either from Indy or NYG.

With that being said, Saturday is a terrible coach and should not be back next season

The Colts owner isn't the brightest bulb in the box. Saturday will probably get a 5-year deal making him the highest paid HC in football

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

I remember Tre White's teammates standing around doing nothing after the dirty Gronk hit on Tre White, but McDermott didn't call them out.

I felt they were scared of Gronk. But don’t talk that warrior on the field stuff then be scared to get physical when defending a viscous act like that. So weak and still pisses me off to this day. Gronk shoulda got jumped after what he did to Tre! 

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I felt they were scared of Gronk. But don’t talk that warrior on the field stuff then be scared to get physical when defending a viscous act like that. So weak and still pisses me off to this day. Gronk shoulda got jumped after what he did to Tre! 

Yep.  I get (and respect) that it's not McDermott's style to "build a bully," like his idiot predecessor (not Anthony Lynn), but there is a right time and place to say f*ck it and throw down.  That was the right time and place.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I have no problem with the snow angels. He didn't know.

But that right there is classless.

If you watch the video you might think otherwise. Thibodeaux literally has to repeatedly pull in his right arm on his snow angels to avoid hitting Foles. He knew he was still laying there. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

If you watch the video you might think otherwise. Thibodeaux literally has to repeatedly pull in his right arm on his snow angels to avoid hitting Foles. He knew he was still laying there. 

Didn't necessarily know he was injured, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.