Thoughts on Bengals Game.

newcam2012

Wish we knew what the play call and the responsibilities were on that second down. Seemed more than just the Bengals blew it up.

3rd down incompletion was a bad pass not a drop. A good pass and Cole scores probably untouched. It was a great route and good play design. Josh has to deliver a catchable ball. He did not. Every ball that touches a hand is not a catchable ball and not always a drop. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

When an offense scores a TD on its first drive and is driving for another score in 8 plays that speaks volumes to me. 

Yep.  The Bengals scored on all 4 drives in the 1st half against the Pats and were up 22-0.  That spoke volumes as well since the Bengals kept putting up the points on the Pats after half time too.  

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

Meh. The Bills always give up one or two of those hot knife through butter drives but usually sure right up. 

I think the Bills first drive was indicative of exactly what McDermott wants on offense, a balanced grind you down, frustrate the opposing linemen and use up the clock to keep the defense fresh. 

I think it would have been a great game considering to two teams abilities. 

Cook was going to be a factor.

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course this was going to be a tough matchup.  Thats what happens when you play a super bowl contender.  There is no way to tell how the game would have went if they played it in full. Both teams would have made adjustments through the course.  I highly doubt Cinci would have scored every drive.  I dont think we would have either.  The game would have come down to who made the least mistakes.  Maybe even who gets the ball last.

Very true but at least you can admit the game wasn't an ideal start for the Bills. Especially, playing on the road against an elite team, elite QB, and a dynamic WR core. 

Sure no one knows the final outcome but the beginning surely wasn't encouraging. Can we agree on that? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Very true but at least you can admit the game wasn't an ideal start for the Bills. Especially, playing on the road against an elite team, elite QB, and a dynamic WR core. 

Sure no one knows the final outcome but the beginning surely wasn't encouraging. Can we agree on that? 

Yes we can agree on that.  So what...its a 4 quarter game.

Last week, the Burrow was 28-36 for 284 yards and 3 TD's in the FIRST HALF against the Pats.

They won on a fumble.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree. I think we can tell a lot from what we saw in the game. 

I'm pretty sure that Bengals fans and players feel much better about their chances of beating the Bills. They were up 7-3 and likely going to score again. 

Bingo!

8 plays bruh. 8.  We blitzed on their 2 biggest plays…..  and that likely wouldn’t have continued if continued to get beat.  We blitz less than anyone….. just stop with this absolute NONSENSE

Things would have changed with regards to our D.  Our offense looked great. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought our one drive was pretty good and we looked to have all aspects firing. Their offence looked scary but I think we’d have adapted. Can’t read anything into it, really. I think we might have ground them down. 

Edited by LondonBill

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Yes…..that’s about the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn from EIGHT plays.  I’ll say it again…..8 plays.  If that doesn’t mean anything to you, than idk what to say. 

I remember when the oilers were driving at will, scoring TD after TD.  And lost.  

But……. 8 plays.  Sure.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I simply am astonished that there are people who think that game was already over in the first quarter down by 4.  WOW, that is amazing to me.

just look who they are.  does that shock you at all?

• Like (+1) 2

How many times this year in the GDT, after the opponent scores early did everyone proclaim the Bills suck, the defense is awful, forget the SB, game over, only to see the Bills end up winning? Almost every game.

There was still 50 minutes left, the game was most likely going to be a shootout, I wasn't worried at all by the start, because we've seen this movie before. The Bills are really good.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Wish we knew what the play call and the responsibilities were on that second down. Seemed more than just the Bengals blew it up.

3rd down incompletion was a bad pass not a drop. A good pass and Cole scores probably untouched. It was a great route and good play design. Josh has to deliver a catchable ball. He did not. Every ball that touches a hand is not a catchable ball and not always a drop. 

It was going to be a run by Motor but the Corner on McKenzie didn't follow him across with his Jet Motion.  Instead when McKenzie motioned, that Corner blitzed and Spencer Brown couldn't get to him in time as they weren't expecting that blitz.  Josh sensed that handing it off would have been a 5 yard loss and kept the ball.  You can see in Diggs' reaction up top as he clearly thought it was a running play and made no attempt to run a route.  Dion Dawkins was also downfield leading you to believe it was a run.

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

How many times this year in the GDT, after the opponent scores early did everyone proclaim the Bills suck, the defense is awful, forget the SB, game over, only to see the Bills end up winning? Almost every game.

There was still 50 minutes left, the game was most likely going to be a shootout, I wasn't worried at all by the start, because we've seen this movie before. The Bills are really good.

some posters want the coaches fired every single game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

The way it looked to me was that the Bengals were going to crush the Bills. Plus they were playing dirty AFC North football. The guy who rolled Allen's ankle, the way Taron Johnson was ground into the turf, the guy who tried to jump over White and kicked him; these were extra physical plays that looked like they were intentionally trying to hurt the smaller, injury-ridden Bills. I don't think you can let a quality home team like the Bengals slice through you at the beginning of the game like you can the Bears or others. The Bengals will not come crashing down to earth with reality like the Bears did in the second half. Burrows was picking apart the Bills D and he made it look easy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1