Do we get Jamison Crowder back this season?

John from Riverside

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's a MASSIVE upgrade over Beasley in just about every facet of the game at this point in his career. Beasley is completely washed. The fact that he still has so many stans given his 2 catches for 18 total yards over 2 games would be mind blowing except we all know that the outrageous fandom for the guy was never about his skill as a football player. There's never been a WR so hyped around here with 5700 yards and 34 TDs over an 11 season career.

In 3 seasons with the Bills he was go to when they needed a catch didn't matter what situation very seldom if ever dropped a ball & the chemistry Josh had with him was great & given the need of a dependable slot man seeing as Mckenzie & Shakir or who ever else hasn't proved to be that guy Bease i feel can still do it .

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/cole-beasley-stats-with-the-bills#:~:text=Cole Beasley had 231 catches,the Bills in his career.

Yep washed up state right here !! Sure Crowder may be a upgrade but hows his production been with his injury history i'll wait ?? 

That's right 0 catches this year and when ever he's been injured which has been quite a bit the ability is AVAILABILITY which is not his strong point Bease played through a bad injury last year & most of us didn't know he was injured tough as nails my kind of guy !! 

But you can have your opinion every one has one just doesn't always mean its right ...

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's a MASSIVE upgrade over Beasley in just about every facet of the game at this point in his career. Beasley is completely washed. The fact that he still has so many stans given his 2 catches for 18 total yards over 2 games would be mind blowing except we all know that the outrageous fandom for the guy was never about his skill as a football player. There's never been a WR so hyped around here with 5700 yards and 34 TDs over an 11 season career.

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus! Don’t let @Mr. WEO see this!

lol the Bills Offense is "meh"---so lets have a broken down, injured Crowder at the tail end of his career come out of the whirlpool tub to toss his 1-2 catches a game into the ring!  He can room with "Smokey" Brown!!

And Bengals with "Brandon" Allen "could thrive"?  lol come on!  Eagles lost their only game without Hurts.  Is Minshew gonna run for those 13 TDs?  These takes could melt the sun!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, T master said:

That's right 0 catches this year and when ever he's been injured which has been quite a bit the ability is AVAILABILITY which is not his strong point Bease played through a bad injury last year & most of us didn't know he was injured tough as nails my kind of guy !! 

But you can have your opinion every one has one just doesn't always mean its right ...

You seriously need a Tin Foil Hat 😁

e1Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My attitude about Bease, was "Shut up, and play football". He was a distraction to the team, and my opinion was 'good riddance', when he left. If he wants to be a productive team player, (It looks like that is the case) then all is forgiven.

We had & hard all the differences of opinion about how he handled his situation some for some against but when he was on the field there was no doubt what he brought to the team as far as being another weapon for Josh at just the right time & given his conversation prior to coming back i agree i think all is forgiven ! 

Now let's get him on the field and see what he can bring to win this game because i feel he could be utilized more in a game like this than others given his way of finding openings in the oppositions D !! 

54 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My attitude about Bease, was "Shut up, and play football". He was a distraction to the team, and my opinion was 'good riddance', when he left. If he wants to be a productive team player, (It looks like that is the case) then all is forgiven.

I agree. I think few would question Beasley's effort on Sunday (or whatever day the game happened to be played). He certainly leaves everything he has on the field. The problem the last few seasons was he was beat to a pulp and didn't have a ton left to give come playoff time. Last season, the Bills looked distracted for much of the season until Allen went nuclear after halftime of the Bucs game and did all he could to will this team to greatness. I think Beasley's antics off the field were clearly part of the problem and in the offseason I think the front office's approach with him was an acknowledgement that he was running on empty and that he was a distraction. I think Beasley's social media sour grapes all season towards the organization add credence to this theory.

Unfortunately, I think Allen asking the FO to bring him back is as much an indictment of his trust in McKenzie and Shakir, and maybe to a lesser extent the RBs, as it is an endorsement of Beasley. If they use him, I'm sure he'll bring more reliable hands than what we have, I just wonder if he has enough left to fight through the high traffic areas that he made his living in the past few seasons and still get the separation he needs to be effective. I'm skeptical.

Edited by transient

On 12/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, Mr. WEO said:

lol the Bills Offense is "meh"---so lets have a broken down, injured Crowder at the tail end of his career come out of the whirlpool tub to toss his 1-2 catches a game into the ring!  He can room with "Smokey" Brown!!

And Bengals with "Brandon" Allen "could thrive"?  lol come on!  Eagles lost their only game without Hurts.  Is Minshew gonna run for those 13 TDs?  These takes could melt the sun!!

What are you talking about? He's 29.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So he's nowhere near "the end of his career". He probably has another 5-6 years left.

Nowhere near. His body has broken down already. The injuries have taken their toll. 

He will be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Might he help a bit if he came back now for the playoffs? Possibly because our slot production hasn't been good but he isn't an option beyond that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nowhere near. His body has broken down already. The injuries have taken their toll. 

He will be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Might he help a bit if he came back now for the playoffs? Possibly because our slot production hasn't been good but he isn't an option beyond that.

That's just complete nonsense not backed up by production. He's been hurt this year and has had mild injuries the rest of his career. Prior to this year he only had one other season where he played in less than 12 games.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh—you mean like John Brown?

No, nothing like John Brown.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's just complete nonsense not backed up by production. He's been hurt this year and has had mild injuries the rest of his career. Prior to this year he only had one other season where he played in less than 12 games.

It is backed up by his production. Which has fallen. It is backed up by watching him play (and I am a Crowder fan have been since he was drafted) and it is backed up by the fact he lost a camp battle to Isaiah McKenzie - in part because he couldn't get on the practice field and stay healthtly. 

There is no way the Crowder of 3 years ago loses that battle. He just isn't that guy anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, nothing like John Brown.

sure 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is backed up by his production. Which has fallen. It is backed up by watching him play (and I am a Crowder fan have been since he was drafted) and it is backed up by the fact he lost a camp battle to Isaiah McKenzie - in part because he couldn't get on the practice field and stay healthtly. 

There is no way the Crowder of 3 years ago loses that battle. He just isn't that guy anymore. 

Again I have no idea how you're getting here. 2 years ago he had 59 catches for 699 yards 6 TDs and 32 1st downs in just 12 games. This while playing for the Jets.

He had a down year last season, but so did everyone playing for the Jets. Him winning or losing a battle in pre-season really doesn't tell you much at all, especially given this coaching staffs decisions with regards to underperfoming veterans familiar with the system. McKenzie also beat out and continue to play ahead of Shakir. Cook played behind Moss and took 3/4 of the season to get to a 50/50 timeshare. It's just the way McD rolls.

And the far more important point is that he would be an immediate upgrade over a non-NFL talent in mcKenzie and a broken down senior citizen in Beasley and his 6 catches for 35 yards and 1st down over 4 games this year. I think Shakir offers upside over them all and would prefer we work him in.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Disagree 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Again I have no idea how you're getting here. 2 years ago he had 59 catches for 699 yards 6 TDs and 32 1st downs in just 12 games. This while playing for the Jets.

He had a down year last season, but so did everyone playing for the Jets. Him winning or losing a battle in pre-season really doesn't tell you much at all, especially given this coaching staffs decisions with regards to underperfoming veterans familiar with the system. McKenzie also beat out and continue to play ahead of Shakir. Cook played behind Moss and took 3/4 of the season to get to a 50/50 timeshare. It's just the way McD rolls.

So he had a down year last year and struggled to stay healthy. Had to take a low end prove it deal with the Bills in FA. Then he got hurt in camp. Then lost a camp battle to a career backup. Then struggled to make an impact when he was healthy the first 4 games. Then got hurt. 

And you don't see where I am coming from? I think that chain of events tells a story.

If he has a Lazarus like career resurrection next year nobody will be more pleased for him than me even if it is on another team. Always been a fan. But I won't hold my breath.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.