Josh Allen is now the NFL record holder for most TD’s in first five seasons

Einstein

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I still think he was jipped a bit.

He was tied with Marino at 171 (133 passing, 37 rushing, 1 receiving) but for some stupid reason they don’t count the reception.

I’m confused here…how was he jipped? They were tied coming into this game and that adds up to 171

39 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m confused here…how was he jipped? They were tied coming into this game and that adds up to 171

I believe the pre-game talk still listed him at 170.  I saw various sources indicate as much.

additionally, the games matter a little bit to some.  Josh was trailing him coming in, and by the end I believe Josh has played three more games…which is ridiculous when you consider the different environments the two played in.

in other words, give Josh 5 less games, but the same weather conditions and he would have left Marino in the dust.

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Josh is an incredible talent. He’s entering into that Manning/Brady territory. We’re essentially watching a young HOFer at QB.

I actually think Allen is leaning more towards Favre territory. Lots of TDs and lots of TOs. I’m good either way. If Josh ends up a hall of famer and makes it to two super bowls, winning one, like Favre did, that’s a pretty damn good career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Will be interesting where Herbert and Burrow end up on this list. 

Herbert has a good chance of being number 1 if he can stay healthy. 

Herbert has a shot… but he doesn’t score on the ground all that much. That’s going to hurt him a little bit… he’s still going to be awful close. 

Burrow’s ACL tear is going to make that mighty difficult, otherwise he’s in the conversation. 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Josh is an incredible talent. He’s entering into that Manning/Brady territory. We’re essentially watching a young HOFer at QB.

Or, and check the GDT here, he sucks and we should be worried 🤣

Congrats to Josh - not sure we could have landed a better face for the Buffalo Bills franchise 🙌 :beer: 

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Will be interesting where Herbert and Burrow end up on this list. 

Herbert has a good chance of being number 1 if he can stay healthy. 

Herbert lays alot of eggs it’s possible but for every game he has like say against the Dolphins he plays like he did against the Jaguars 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s also in elite company with 3 straight 30+ TD and 4000+ seasons. 

I liked the stat in the game that Josh had 3 4,000 yard seasons in 5 years and the Bears have had 0 in like 107 years 🤣🙌 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I actually think Allen is leaning more towards Favre territory. Lots of TDs and lots of TOs. I’m good either way. If Josh ends up a hall of famer and makes it to two super bowls, winning one, like Favre did, that’s a pretty damn good career. 

We do realize that Manning averaged 20 interceptions a season his first 5 seasons? He hovered around the 12-13 mark the rest of his career. 

He did win an MVP in a season his was picked off 16 times. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Eh, Farve never bothered to learn how to read a defense. Allen is getting tricked out there, but he isn’t dumb. That first INT was a great defensive play. The second one I’m not sure if he and Cook were on the same page. That’s the 2nd time that happened with him and Cook. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Favre was my favorite QB when I was a young lad growing up. I will tell you this, Allen is by far a better QB than Favre ever was. It’s not even close.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Favre was my favorite QB when I was a young lad growing up. I will tell you this, Allen is by far a better QB than Favre ever was. It’s not even close.

I watched Favre’s games as an adult and the way Allen and Favre are gunslingers unafraid of anything is very very similar. Both throw for lots of TDs and INTs. Obviously Allen has the mobility that Favre didn’t. My comment was on their overall final career status as well. Josh is more athletically talented. Let’s see if he has the career that Favre had. That won’t be known for 10+ more years. If Josh ends up a hall of famer, gets to two super bowls and wins at least one, I would hope most Bills fans will be thrilled with that result. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Yep. Favre and Allen arm to arm and what they can do in the passing game, probably pretty similar when you adjust eras. But throw in Allen's ability to run and he beats out Favre easily. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. Favre and Allen arm to arm and what they can do in the passing game, probably pretty similar when you adjust eras. But throw in Allen's ability to run and he beats out Favre easily. 

The initial statement was about not just their talent but about career achievements that VF elected to ignore. Allen is athletically better. Let’s see if Allen wins multiple MVPs, plays in multiple super bowls and gets in the HOF. That is the total true comparison of Favre and Allen. Not just who is the better athlete or QB over a few years so far. 

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The initial statement was about not just their talent but about career achievements that VF elected to ignore. Allen is athletically better. Let’s see if Allen wins multiple MVPs, plays in multiple super bowls and gets in the HOF. That is the total true comparison of Favre and Allen. Not just who is the better athlete or QB over a few years so far. 

I think most believe Marino to be the greater all-time QB between Marino and Favre and I'm pretty sure Favre has more MVP's than Marino and of course more super bowl appearances and a ring. So, I don't necessarily agree that rings and MVP's are what will determine who is regarded as the better QB. That said, Favre is an excellent comp for Allen's playing style and ability. No question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.