Week 16, 12/24/2022, Bills v. Bears, GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

I’m giving one game ball, and handing it to Motor Singletary.  I’m not sure he gets the respect he deserves.  While Cook is learning the ropes and getting better, Singletary keeps plugging along and grinding out yards, making chip blocks when necessary.  He has great vision through the holes and is an excellent RB.  Great game today.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Leslie Frazier. Seriously. Fields had 11 yards on the ground, his worst of the season. If you're a top offensive talent then you're going to have a bad day against Buffalo - Chubb, Tyreek Hill, now Fields. This is more recent than earlier but we are extremely solid at shutting down the premier opposing offensive talent.

Also Big Ed, Motor, Young Cook, and our entire makeshift offensive line. I know Chicago sucks but 250 on the ground with O-line backups is awesome. Many still don't understand how deep this team is against a generally understocked NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I’m giving one game ball, and handing it to Motor Singletary.  I’m not sure he gets the respect he deserves.  While Cook is learning the ropes and getting better, Singletary keeps plugging along and grinding out yards, making chip blocks when necessary.  He has great vision through the holes and is an excellent RB.  Great game today.

Motor still, to this day, after 653 carries in the NFL, has a 4.6 yard per carry average. That is so elite. There's no other way to classify it. He's a very good NFL running back. Put him on a team that needs consistent carries from one source and he's got multiple 1k seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Motor still, to this day, after 653 carries in the NFL, has a 4.6 yard per carry average. That is so elite. There's no other way to classify it. He's a very good NFL running back. Put him on a team that needs consistent carries from one source and he's got multiple 1k seasons.

But he's too slow, or so I've heard....

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

But he's too slow, or so I've heard....

Right?! I've actually heard that he's too slow to take the 9 yard runs that he's opened up to the house, meaning that people seemingly forget the 9 yard run that he opened up? He's so quick. Nobody but Tony Pollard nowadays is actually hitting 40 yard rushing TDs. Motor is weirdly ahead of the game in how resourceful of a RB he is. 4 years from now every team's gonna want a Devin Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Who knew a 35-13 win could look so bad. The running offense was dominant all game, especially in the 2nd half. The backs had 3 yards before contact every play. Should have been running more from the start.

Davis and McKenzie are not good. I'd like to see more Beasley. Why call him up if not to use him?

Defensive line and LB's looked good, db's not really challenged all game but still not confidence inspiring. They will be tested next week.

Regarding Beasley, in the box score he has one reception for 9 yards but I don’t remember it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Leslie Frazier. Seriously. Fields had 11 yards on the ground, his worst of the season. If you're a top offensive talent then you're going to have a bad day against Buffalo - Chubb, Tyreek Hill, now Fields. This is more recent than earlier but we are extremely solid at shutting down the premier opposing offensive talent.

Also Big Ed, Motor, Young Cook, and our entire makeshift offensive line. I know Chicago sucks but 250 on the ground with O-line backups is awesome. Many still don't understand how deep this team is against a generally understocked NFL.

It is like the Bellichek theory.  Take out the best player on the other team and dare the rest to beat you.

THe problem is that this is a fantasy driven league....and stars are made with who shine in fantasy.  Singletary does not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The flip side is that pretty much his entire career has been running against light boxes. Those teams that need consistent carries from one source to have a 1k back tend to be the teams that see heavy boxes. 

Not that I am banging on Devin, he is a good running back. He does lack that burst of speed that would make him truly elite... that last play of the 1st Qrtr yesterday was an example. He made two fantastic cuts but after the 2nd ended up with a 3 yard gain whereas if he had that burst he could have been gone. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls (considered revoking Stef's game ball, but I can't hold only two targets against him), and I pick up to 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.  

Devin "Motor" Singletary - Motor was integral to the Bills running game (100+ yards, 2 TD's), and his long TD run early set the tone to put the Bills up for good.

James "Captain" Cook - Ran like a madman all day long (almost 100 yards), and the long TD run basically iced the game for the Bills.

"Big" Ed Oliver - Eddie O was a man amongst boys today.  Sacks, PD's, tackles, pressures, he was all over the field.  

Shaq Lawson - Big part of the run defense today, he was also harassing Fields when he dropped back (not a fan of Shaq, but I gotta give it up to him)

WHO YA GOT? 

Got to take Ed oliver off the list. I heard it right here that he’s not a very good player.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yep. And people in the community and some on this board continue to pin it on him why the running game is allegedly poor.  when there is a crack in the line, a small hole, his vision is second to none.  He doesn’t have the elite breakaway speed but he’s fast enough.  Bills are fortunate to have him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.