Josh Allen doesn’t like Domed stadium supports open air

BuffaloBills1998

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Bad comparison, I've had Bills season tickets for years. Every shifty weather game the past few years have been sold out. If your team sucks, you're not gonna sell out. The Bills are good so no one cares about a little wind and snow. 

you made the wrong deduction that fans like cold weather games. You are wrong.

all fans including Bills fans polls show majority want a dome. They also vote with their attendance and money and don't sell out bad weather games and/or have many more no shows than normal.

I can't help that you refuse to accept the facts. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

you made the wrong deduction that fans like cold weather games. You are wrong.

all fans including Bills fans polls show want a dome. They also vote with their attendance and money and don't sell out bad weather games and/or have many more no shows than normal.

I can't help that you refuse to accept the facts. 

Because there are no facts. I've had the same seats for over 20 years with all the same people around me. Most of them older fans because we have the best section in the stadium. Section 134. I sit 4 rows behind Jim Kelly, who has 8 seats. Not one single person in that area wants a dome. It's just not Buffalo. Sorry dude. Go route for someone else. You must be a newbie bandwagon Bills fan. You have no clue what Buffalo football is all about. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Because there are no facts. I've had the same seats for over 20 years with all the same people around me. Most of them older fans because we have the best section in the stadium. Section 134. I sit 4 rows behind Jim Kelly, who has 8 seats. Not one single person in that area wants a dome. It's just not Buffalo. Sorry dude. Go route for someone else. You must be a newbie bandwagon Bills fan. You have no clue what Buffalo football is all about. 

the majority want a dome. Facts.

I know all about Buffalo football I have been to many many games both home and away since the 70's.

• Vomit 1

41 minutes ago, cba fan said:

the majority want a dome. Facts.

I know all about Buffalo football I have been to many many games both home and away since the 70's.

Then you would know the majority of Bills fans don't want a dome. You're clueless bro. Again, go route for Indy. Clown

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/23/2022 at 5:47 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Then you would know the majority of Bills fans don't want a dome. You're clueless bro. Again, go route for Indy. Clown

every poll shows majority of Bills fans want a dome. 

I am not making this up it is all documented. Kudos to you you go to games with a group who love outdoor bad weather games. There are many of those i don't deny, and most of the fans who go to bad weather games are bad weather fans. That's why they go lol 🤷‍♂️

But 68k of game day fans are not the whole fandom kingdom of Bills fans, and of that Bills fandom kingdom, the "MAJORITY" want a dome. ALL polls prove this.

You continue to deny the facts. Look at all the polls. All show a majority want a dome in bad weather.

i personally love bad weather games for the fun of it. I have gone to many many both Pro, College, and High School games. Go all the time. What i hate is it hurts the Bills chances of winning as they can't run and are a passing team. But it's not about me or my opinion. I am just stating facts. I just want what's best for Bills chances to win. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Disagree 1

18 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

oh and fyi...lol...you yourself said any poll under 5 k or so is invalid. So that micro-poll of 15 or 20 or 30 fans sitting in a cold weather game with you is not a valid polling sample. It's called anecdotal evidence and anecdotal evidence is the most wildly inaccurate polling info in the world. People who think alike tend to hang out with people who think like them. That's why anecdotal evidence is usually wrong and wrong by a wide margin. 

fact is all polls show majority of fans want a dome.

Edited by cba fan
  • Disagree 1

1429645307_soldierfieldcoldxmasevegame50.jpg.2e4ec4a05be4dba6f17140f517da425f.jpg

look at this crowd. I thought you said all fans love outdoor weather games. Where are they? This should be full with standing room only wth 🤷‍♂️😆😆 this is just 6 minutes before kick off.🤷‍♂️ i told you it would be like this. And you can't use the holiday excuse. Lions sellout Ford Field(and bigger Silverdome previously) on Thanksgiving every year even when team is bad. You know why? Because they play in a "DOME" lol

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, cba fan said:

1429645307_soldierfieldcoldxmasevegame50.jpg.2e4ec4a05be4dba6f17140f517da425f.jpg

Before kickoff and on Christmas Eve. The whole country was cold. Every single game had lower than normal attendance over the weekend. Highmark doesn't fill up til after kickoff. I'm more than happy they aren't building a dome. I wonder why the majority of teams in major northeastern cities have open air stadiums? All cities that could easily afford to build domed stadiums. None choose too. Interesting. 

One more thing, they showed the 12 coldest games played in NFL history. Only one was in Buffalo, and was in the middle of the pack. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Agree 1

On 12/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, cba fan said:

every poll shows majority of Bills fans want a dome. 

I am not making this up it is all documented. Kudos to you you go to games with a group who love outdoor bad weather games. There are many of those i don't deny, and most of the fans who go to bad weather games are bad weather fans. That's why they go lol 🤷‍♂️

But 68k of game day fans are not the whole fandom kingdom of Bills fans, and of that Bills fandom kingdom, the "MAJORITY" want a dome. ALL polls prove this.

You continue to deny the facts. Look at all the polls. All show a majority want a dome in bad weather.

i personally love bad weather games for the fun of it. I have gone to many many both Pro, College, and High School games. Go all the time. What i hate is it hurts the Bills chances of winning as they can't run and are a passing team. But it's not about me or my opinion. I am just stating facts. I just want what's best for Bills chances to win. 

A tiny fraction of the "whole fandom kingdom of Bills fans" will ever set foot in their stadium in any given year. 

Polling them "all" isn't meaningful.   Maybe if you limit it to season ticket holders, you might be able to cobble together some sort of argument that makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A tiny fraction of the "whole fandom kingdom of Bills fans" will ever set foot in their stadium in any given year. 

Polling them "all" isn't meaningful.   Maybe if you limit it to season ticket holders, you might be able to cobble together some sort of argument that makes sense. 

even the Bills data polling season ticket holders only, still showed a majority want a dome.

of course season ticket holders have more who want open air then general fans but still even with just season ticket holders the majority want dome.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

A team now competing  for a top draft pick in freezing weather on the day before Christmas? Not exactly a good example 

pick any bad weather game and attendance is lower. Even when travel is ok. This should not be the case because i keep getting told fans love the weather games. They should sellout and tix prices should soar then. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, cba fan said:

even the Bills data polling season ticket holders only, still showed a majority want a dome.

of course season ticket holders have more who want open air then general fans but still even with just season ticket holders the majority want dome.

pick any bad weather game and attendance is lower. Even when travel is ok. This should not be the case because i keep getting told fans love the weather games. They should sellout and tix prices should soar then. 

link?

and why would the Bills bother polling in a dome? They had no union making that happen

• Agree 1

Pretty sure Josh Allen has never lost a game played under a roof:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/sports-betting/2022/11/18/buffalo-bills-betting-trends-detroits-dome-is-an-advantage.html

4-0 in domed stadiums according to this article (which counts SoFi as a dome, which it pretty much is), written before this year's Detroit wins. So that would be 6-0, right?

Josh is a good soldier, and he's not about to criticize the team's decision to move forward on an open air stadium. But the relevant question is this: let's say the Bills make it to the Super Bowl. Not knowing anything else, would you prefer something like the Meadowlands in early February (Super Bowl 50), or Super Bowl LVII in the Glendale, AZ dome? I believe we are the most talented team in the NFL, with the best QB in the NFL (or at least tied for the best). I want to eliminate randomness and let that true talent show. Weather injects randomness. We won't have a dome for many reasons, discussed to death here over the last decade or more. There's a Buffalo attitude that kind of amounts to "our weather sucks and we love it that way." And that's fine as a source of Buffalo pride. But if we're talking the game on the field (not the fan experience, whether there's enough nearby parking lots to destroy folding tables or be doused with ketchup and mustard, etc., etc), I'll take perfect weather conditions any day.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

link?

and why would the Bills bother polling in a dome? They had no union making that happen

what? polling in a dome?

don't know what you mean by that.

Bills polled season ticket holders. Their quote was "Our fans did not have an overwhelming response to a domed stadium when we surveyed them in 2018 and 2021."

they were looking for a super majority to then give them pause and consider a dome. But i believe due to cost of both initial and the ongoing maintenance a dome was never on the table.

Bills cleverly did not say the poll showed a majority of the fans wanted a dome because owners wanted open air to save money and to protect the mystique of cold weather WNY fans which is a mirage as majority of even the season ticket holders and biggest fans want a dome.

If majority said they wanted open-air Bills would have blasted that in the headlines every time the subject came up since they wanted to protect the fake mystique and they wanted open-air stadium in the end anyway. The fact they did not and do not is very telling.

Edited by cba fan
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

yet in the same sentence you conclude that the majority of STH's want a dome.   Thi makes no sense.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

what? polling in a dome?

don't know what you mean by that.

Bills polled season ticket holders. Their quote was "Our fans did not have an overwhelming response to a domed stadium when we surveyed them in 2018 and 2021."

they were looking for a super majority to then give them pause and consider a dome. But i believe due to cost of both initial and the ongoing maintenance a dome was never on the table.

Bills cleverly did not say the poll showed a majority of the fans wanted a dome because owners wanted open air to save money and to protect the mystique of cold weather WNY fans which is a mirage as majority of even the season ticket holders and biggest fans want a dome.

If majority said they wanted open-air Bills would have blasted that in the headlines every time the subject came up since they wanted to protect the fake mystique and they wanted open-air stadium in the end anyway. The fact they did not and do not is very telling.

So the Bills said that the response to a dome was "not overwhelming", and "did not say the poll showed a majority of the fans wanted a dome"----and you conclude that this means the poll showed the majority want dome??

yet in the same sentence you conclude that the majority of STH's want a dome.   Thi makes no sense.

So the Bills said that the response to a dome was "not overwhelming", and "did not say the poll showed a majority of the fans wanted a dome"----and you conclude that this means the poll showed the majority want dome??

yes and yes.

"Our fans did not have an overwhelming response to a domed stadium when we surveyed them in 2018 and 2021."

that was Bills quote.

Bills owners wanted open-air as i stated due to cost/mystique etc etc.... If Bills majority in those polls showed want for open-air Bills PR machine would have revved up into overtime and shouted it from the rooftops because Bills owners wanted open air.

Bills did not do this because the majority wanted a dome, but it was close as they polled the most likely open-air proponents, which are current season ticket holders who go to the games.

all polls show all fans of all types and locals prefer domes. Some closer to 50/50 than others but majority always favor dome.

You can google it and find them. You can also look at any dome/open-air poll on FB back when this was getting debated to death. Every one of them the majority favored a roof of some type.

don't shoot the messenger this is just the facts of the situation.

i never said majority of STH wanted open-air. 

I said more of the STH want open air then general fans want open air.

but both groups still show a majority want dome. Either polling separately or together both groups favor dome.

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, cba fan said:

Here's two examples from just last year. The wind game against NE and the 5 degree playoff game. Both in Buffalo, both sold out and packed to the gills. No clue where your finding your info.

38 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Here's two examples from just last year. The wind game against NE and the 5 degree playoff game. Both in Buffalo, both sold out and packed to the gills. No clue where your finding your info.

omg we can't look at one game or two. The whole body of bad weather games shows low attendance and ticket prices to match the interest. Prices down very very low.

you guys don't want to accept the truth. So be it. 

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

omg we can't look at one game or two. The whole body of bad weather games shows low attendance and ticket prices to match the interest. Prices down very very low.

you guys don't want to accept the truth. So be it. 

Maybe when the Bills sucked for 20 years. Hasn't been like that for the last three years. Sorry bud, wrong again. Just deal with it. I'm sure your house has a roof on it. You can watch the games from there in your snuggly and laugh at all 78,000 of us losers sitting out in the weather. Enjoy your night.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Maybe when the Bills sucked for 20 years. Hasn't been like that for the last three years. Sorry bud, wrong again. Just deal with it. I'm sure your house has a roof on it. You can watch the games from there in your snuggly and laugh at all 78,000 of us losers sitting out in the weather. Enjoy your night.

all polls show majority of all fans including general fans, Bills fan, STH's, bears fans etc etc etc....... all prefer domes.

i can't make you see the truth. Google all the polls and info available. It all says the same thing.

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

all polls show majority of all fans including general fans, Bills fan, STH's, bears fans etc etc etc....... all prefer domes.

i can't make you see the truth. Google all the polls and info available. It all says the same thing.

And none of it matters. That's all I'm saying. If it did, more teams would have domes. And for some reason, most dome teams suck. So you can't say domes make a team better. Jordan Poyer said it today, how important home field advantage is. He says no team wants to come to Buffalo in Jan/Feb.

16 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

And none of it matters. That's all I'm saying. If it did, more teams would have domes. And for some reason, most dome teams suck. So you can't say domes make a team better. Jordan Poyer said it today, how important home field advantage is. He says no team wants to come to Buffalo in Jan/Feb.

last 55 0f 60 SB losers played in open air stadiums. 😎😆   i am joking with this obviously even though it is true.

16 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

what matters is you and others refuse to accept the fact majority of all fans want domes.

whether they get built or not is a completely different matter.

Look at Buffalo for evidence #1. Majority of Bills fans want dome. Team and state and county are building open air.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, cba fan said:

last 55 0f 60 SB losers played in open air stadiums. 😎😆   i am joking with this obviously even though it is true.

what matters is you and others refuse to accept the fact majority of all fans want domes.

Look at Buffalo for evidence #1. Majority of Bills fans want dome. Team and state and county are building open air.

You got me all confused. In just the last 32 superbowls, only 4 dome teams have won. 

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

And there is one reason for that, and one reason only : money. Covered stadium costs far more to build so they will build the cheaper stadium. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

You got me all confused. In just the last 32 superbowls, only 4 dome teams have won. 

What’s the confusion about majority of all fans prefer a dome?

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And there is one reason for that, and one reason only : money. Covered stadium costs far more to build so they will build the cheaper stadium. 

Yes that’s a big factor as i pointed out.  However that does not change the fact that the majority of fans want a dome.

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

What’s the confusion about majority of all fans prefer a dome?

Yes that’s a big factor as i pointed out.  However that does not change the fact that the majority of fans want a dome.

No, it doesn’t change it. What they want doesn’t matter though. It’s all about money. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, it doesn’t change it. What they want doesn’t matter though. It’s all about money. 

Yeah that’s what i said many times now and agree too. Fans still want dome though as you understand, ty, unlike the deniers. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah that’s what i said many times now and agree too. Fans still want dome though as you understand, ty, unlike the deniers. 

Fans want a dome, just like many other fans want open air. Just give it up already. What are you, 12??? Did you see how empty that beautiful "warehouse" called Lucas Oil Stadium was tonight? You know what fills stadiums? Winning teams, dome or no dome. Still waiting for a link showing how a "majority" of the fans want a dome. I'll wait.

A small majority would prefer a retractable roof stadium, which is even more costly. But that would be okay, seeing how they could open it up for warm weather or dome teams. Close it for rainy games, I'd be fine. But from the day football originated, it was meant to be played outdoors. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, cba fan said:

yes and yes.

"Our fans did not have an overwhelming response to a domed stadium when we surveyed them in 2018 and 2021."

that was Bills quote.

Bills owners wanted open-air as i stated due to cost/mystique etc etc.... If Bills majority in those polls showed want for open-air Bills PR machine would have revved up into overtime and shouted it from the rooftops because Bills owners wanted open air.

Bills did not do this because the majority wanted a dome, but it was close as they polled the most likely open-air proponents, which are current season ticket holders who go to the games.

all polls show all fans of all types and locals prefer domes. Some closer to 50/50 than others but majority always favor dome.

You can google it and find them. You can also look at any dome/open-air poll on FB back when this was getting debated to death. Every one of them the majority favored a roof of some type.

don't shoot the messenger this is just the facts of the situation.

i never said majority of STH wanted open-air. 

I said more of the STH want open air then general fans want open air.

but both groups still show a majority want dome. Either polling separately or together both groups favor dome.

So...STH'ers prefer the dome in all polls, but they also are the "most likely open-air proponents"?

Also, you keep telling us what the Bills own polling study says ("the majority wanted a dome")---can you just link it to us so we can read the results ourselves?

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Though the weather impacts us so our home field chances are damaged because of it. It can be a vicious circle of sorts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So...STH'ers prefer the dome in all polls, but they also are the "most likely open-air proponents"?

Also, you keep telling us what the Bills own polling study says ("the majority wanted a dome")---can you just link it to us so we can read the results ourselves?

I thought we were pretty split like 60/40 60% (roughly) for domed. I would not call that an overwhelming response for a dome..

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I thought we were pretty split like 60/40 60% (roughly) for domed. I would not call that an overwhelming response for a dome..

60% of any polls or elections is a landslide in politics. But yes you could say in this scenario an overwhelming response should be 70% or more. I agree.

some polls showed up to 80% want dome others 55% on up. Many different polls were taken. Unscientific and scientific.

The theme in all polls results showed majority wanted dome, roof, or retractable in every poll.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Also, you keep telling us what the Bills own polling study says ("the majority wanted a dome")---can you just ** link it to us so we can read the results ourselves?

omg for the hundredth time. lol

STH majority want dome.

General fans have a higher majority who want dome.

You guys who deny the facts keep telling me all fans want open air. I have searched far and wide and can not find any polls that show this. If you find one it will be an outlier.

Since you are so sure all fans want open air bad weather games show us any polls please. They don't exist. 🤷‍♂️

** google it, it is all there.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The weather has never hurt the bills in the playoffs at home 

that's just luck and was back in the day Bills could run and NFL was not a super passing league like it is today.

if the MNF wind game vs Pats was a playoff game last year Bills would have been bounced out early. 

7 minutes ago, cba fan said:

STH majority want dome.

You guys who deny the facts keep telling me all fans want open air. I have searched far and wide and can not find any polls that show this. If you find one it will be an outlier.

Since you are so sure all fans want open air bad weather games show us any polls please. They don't exist. 🤷‍♂️

that's just luck and was back in the day Bills could run and NFL was not a super passing league like it is today.

if the MNF wind game vs Pats was a playoff game last year Bills would have been bounced out early. 

But it wasn’t and it hasn’t 

It’s not luck

And if that was a playoff game the bills would’ve play differently Instead of ineffectively pounding the rock for 3 quarters … Josh Allen could’ve taken over.. He had six carries lol

You’re not getting a dome 

And I’m pumped for the new stadium

Edited by Buffalo716

15 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Fans want a dome, just like many other fans want open air. Just give it up already. What are you, 12??? Did you see how empty that beautiful "warehouse" called Lucas Oil Stadium was tonight? You know what fills stadiums? Winning teams, dome or no dome. Still waiting for a link showing how a "majority" of the fans want a dome. I'll wait.

A small majority would prefer a retractable roof stadium, which is even more costly. But that would be okay, seeing how they could open it up for warm weather or dome teams. Close it for rainy games, I'd be fine. But from the day football originated, it was meant to be played outdoors. 

you can't be this thick, can you?? lol

did you even watch the game? WTH

Lucas holds 67k for football. Attendance was 65576 one day after Christmas for a meaningless game for Indy, in Indy, in dome, at night, very cold, and windy outside.

If it had been outside, it would have looked like soldier field on Saturday.

I agree football was invented to be an outdoor sport. It was also invented for very late summer and about 2/3rds of the way into fall. To end in the fall around Thanksgiving like NCAA and HS still does. "Basketball" was invented for winter sport. Football was never intended to be played in the dead of winter. Pro leagues wanting to maximize revenue pushed it into winter.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

But it wasn’t and it hasn’t 

It’s not luck

And if that was a playoff game the bills would’ve play differently Instead of ineffectively pounding the rock for 3 quarters … Josh Allen could’ve taken over.. He had six carries lol

You’re not getting a dome 

And I’m pumped for the new stadium

i know Bills are not getting a dome. I am very happy with the compromise with covered seats winded negated etc etc.....this appeases the majority who want dome somewhat. Very nice stadium coming. I will go many times in all weather.

the talk here is just about majority want dome or not. And majority want it. But many Bills fans are in denial about this.

STH majority want dome.

well, it's a fact that no one has told you this in this thread.  Maybe you should finally abandon the use of that word--it's not serving you well here.

anyway, just link the Bills internal poll that shows the majority of STHs prefer the dome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.