Christmas storm could be “Paralyzing” for Buffalo

CountDorkula

43 inches officially at the airport as of 7am this morning...

Puts us a little under 93" for the year. Should get enough to break the Oct-Nov-Dec  snowfall record by tomorrow night.

UPDATE: apparently we got a few inches from somewhere else and now have 95.0" for the year. 89.9" as of midnight(37.9" storm total at that point) and got an addition 5.1" after that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I really feel these records are bull. It hardly rained before the storm and we've gotten a lot more snow in 24 hours. 

We literally set a rainfall record and a snowfall record on the same day on the 23rd. Not sure what you are referring to.

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We literally set a rainfall record and a snowfall record on the same day on the 23rd. Not sure what you are referring to.

We've definitely had more snow than 22 inches in a day. Multiple times. And when did it rain that hard? It was a very light rain for a short period of time at best. 

This seems like one of these all time football records that are set every game every week.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We've definitely had more snow than 22 inches in a day. Multiple times. And when did it rain that hard? It was a very light rain for a short period of time at best. 

This seems like one of these all time football records that are set every game every week.

The record was literally for that day, ie Dec 23rd. There has never been more than 22.3" measured on December 23rd.  There have been 7 times where we received more than 20" of snow in a day.  Two of them have been this year and 3 were from 2001.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The record was literally for that day, ie Dec 23rd. There has never been more than 22.3" measured on December 23rd.  There have been 7 times where we received more than 20" of snow in a day.  Two of them have been this year and 3 were from 2001.

Ok so it is just like those stupid cherry picked football stats. 

There's a snowplow stuck on my MiL's street... Hang on till Friday.   Rain and 50°.

I know it's the Holidays, but why are people traveling. Think the pandemic could have got them into right frame of mind and not venture out... No reason for stuck cars in 2022. 

Game Monday in Cincy... 60° & rain.

Viva la weather!

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

All I want for Christmas is a snow removal service! 😂

Cancel state income tax and make the South pay for it. Works for Florida & Texas. 

I got my snow blower started. Phew! That’s a relief.

It was just froze up. I used a heat gun on it for a bit and got it running. Then let it run to thaw out. Had to keep adjusting the choke knob for the first 5 minutes or so to keep it from stalling.

Then once I got it started the drive and reverse were frozen so it was still useless. Used the heat gun on the drive case + shaft and rolled it back+forth. That eventually got it working.

Made a path to the garage (so I can get to the extra fuel and propane heater) and to my gate then quit. No reason to kill myself clearing the end of my driveway. I can take my time. My street is packed with 3-4ft. of snow and 6-7ft snow drifts and the snow is solid as a rock. They’re going to have to clear it with loaders/bobcats/excavators (etc). No way a plow gets through that snow. So it’ll be days before it’s clear.

Clearing this snow is crazy! I’ve never seen snow this packed and solid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I got my snow blower started. Phew! That’s a relief.

It was just froze up. I used a heat gun on it for a bit and got it running. Then let it run to thaw out. Had to keep adjusting the choke knob for the first 5 minutes or so to keep it from stalling.

Then once I got it started the drive and reverse were frozen so it was still useless. Used the heat gun on the drive case + shaft and rolled it back+forth. That eventually got it working.

Made a path to the garage (so I can get to the extra fuel and propane heater) and to my gate then quit. No reason to kill myself clearing the end of my driveway. I can take my time. My street is packed with 3-4ft. of snow and 6-7ft snow drifts and the snow is solid as a rock. They’re going to have to clear it with loaders/bobcats/excavators (etc). No way a plow gets through that snow. So it’ll be days before it’s clear.

Clearing this snow is crazy! I’ve never seen snow this packed and solid. 

Not sure where you are. In Clarence, the drifts are making snow blowing impossible… as someone mentioned, we had high lifts down our streets yesterday but nothing since. I’m about 1/3 out of our driveway, and likely through the heaviest and biggest piles. Going back out for another round now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.